Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Watching the Super Bowl last year and the Patriots walking off as losers made me less sad about last season even though we sucked. Watching Tom Bradyís face at the end of the dolphins game this year was amazing! I despise the patriots and I will root for whoever is playing them, no matter who it is. I would hug a raiders fan if they beat the patriots!

I not sure how much I would enjoy a Chiefs vs. Chargers AFC Championship game.
    I think a Colts vs. Patriots AFC Championship would be less painful for me.
    But if Phillip Quivers wins, I will be happy for him, because I think he is a good family guy.

Quote Originally Posted by simplistickhaos View Post
    Watching the Super Bowl last year and the Patriots walking off as losers made me less sad about last season even though we sucked. Watching Tom Brady’s face at the end of the dolphins game this year was amazing! I despise the patriots and I will root for whoever is playing them, no matter who it is. I would hug a raiders fan if they beat the patriots!
    I'm with you. As I posted, when we're out of if, my sole focus is to root for anyone who takes NE out. Whatever team has the best shot of doing that is who I will root for.

I live in Boston and the fans are insufferable here. I mean insufferable. Therefore, whether we've had a good or bad season, I make sure that I wear my Broncos gear out when I can, just to get under their skin.

You can't imagine the crap I get from people when I do. They also try to argue with me about their team and think, because I'm a woman, that I can't possibly know what I'm talking about. However, they quickly learn that I know more about their team than they do. And they usually wind up crawling away like some stupid lizard......because I made them look like fools.

Last year during Super Bowl week, I pinned a "Temporary Eagles fan" sign on the back of my Broncos jacket. It was glorious to walk around town like that. I also held a "Temporary Eagles Fan" Super Bowl party with that sign outside my apartment door. It was so much fun. My neighbors were pissed. Who cares? I loved it. When NE lost, I ran up and down the halls screaming my head off.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

If you are, then many of us are. I don't even mind The Chargers. Rivers can whine, but he's apparently a really good guy.

I can not stand the patsies. It's not even a question to me. It's simple. I want the patsies to lose, and I think The Chargers deserve to give KC or Indy a fight for the money.

I pull for any team over the patsies.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I'm with you. As I posted, when we're out of if, my sole focus is to root for anyone who takes NE out. Whatever team has the best shot of doing that is who I will root for.

I live in Boston and the fans are insufferable here. I mean insufferable. Therefore, whether we've had a good or bad season, I make sure that I wear my Broncos gear out when I can, just to get under their skin.

You can't imagine the crap I get from people when I do. They also try to argue with me about their team and think, because I'm a woman, that I can't possibly know what I'm talking about. However, they quickly learn that I know more about their team than they do. And they usually wind up crawling away like some stupid lizard......because I made them look like fools.

Last year during Super Bowl week, I pinned a "Temporary Eagles fan" sign on the back of my Broncos jacket. It was glorious to walk around town like that. I also held a "Temporary Eagles Fan" Super Bowl party with that sign outside my apartment door. It was so much fun. My neighbors were pissed. Who cares? I loved it. When NE lost, I ran up and down the halls screaming my head off.
    Gotta say, you sound like a fun lady to be around when it comes to football. I think I would have loved to have been with you and other Broncos fans right after SB 50!

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Canít root for the Chiefs, Chargers, or Raiders.

Itís okay to be ambivalent about who wins.

I tend to root against the division rivals though.

Even in 2011, when the Chargers won the division for the Broncos by beating the Raiders, I almost would have been happier if the Raiders had won that game.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Will the hatred for the pats lessen when bellichek and brady are gone and the franchise is (allegedly) cheating less?

Edit: i would've used cheatriots/bellicheat/tom shady but was unsure if was against COC
    Last edited by ozzies94ta; 01-11-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    Gotta say, you sound like a fun lady to be around when it comes to football. I think I would have loved to have been with you and other Broncos fans right after SB 50!
    Thanks my friend. I am fun to be around regarding football. I love my Broncos no matter what.

My neighbors keep trying to get me to root for NE. There is no way that will ever happen. I would puke all over myself if I did that.

I use this analogy....Iím a Mets fan. Most of my neighbors are Red Sox fans. Red Sox fans hate the Yankees. I asked them, as a Red Sox fan, would you ever root for the Yankees? They said no. Therefore, I said, why as a Broncos fan then would you think Iíd EVER, and I mean EVER, root for NE? It would be you like rooting for the Yankees. I just canít. Itís just not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavi View Post
    Simple question but am I less of a Broncos fan rooting for one of our rivals to beat the Pats?
    Heck no, I'll be rooting for the Chargers too. I am so darn tired of watching the Pats in the playoffs, that dynasty can't end soon enough and if they lose this weekend it might finally happen....Lord willing.

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind seeing the Chargers win it all so when we beat up on them next year it will feel that much sweeter

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    A lot of parallels between Rivers and Elway at this point in their careers. Rivers isn't as good, and he's a jerk, but he's been a decent QB for a long time with doubts about his ability to win big games. This is his chance. Easy to root for that against the Pats especially. I'd be OK with any of the AFC teams winning out except NE.
    I'm not really seeing the similarities. Overall, Rivers has had much more offensive talent at his disposal than Elway, except in the late 90s. Plus, Elway won plenty of big playoff games early in his career. Elway is 5-1 in AFC championships. River is 0-1. Elway has the 4th highest playoff winning percentage ever. Rivers is 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I'm not really seeing the similarities. Overall, Rivers has had much more offensive talent at his disposal than Elway, except in the late 90s. Plus, Elway won plenty of big playoff games early in his career. Elway is 5-1 in AFC championships. River is 0-1. Elway has the 4th highest playoff winning percentage ever. Rivers is 30th.
    I didnít say they were similar and noted Rivers isnít as good. Just pointed out the parallels in that both were thought of as very good QBs with doubts about their ability to win big games late in their careers. Elway of course went on to win 2 SBs in his last 2 years, dispelling the doubts and cementing his legacy. Rivers has a chance to step up this year and change how he will be remembered. He may not get another.

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    I didn’t say they were similar and noted Rivers isn’t as good. Just pointed out the parallels in that both were thought of as very good QBs with doubts about their ability to win big games late in their careers. Elway of course went on to win 2 SBs in his last 2 years, dispelling the doubts and cementing his legacy. Rivers has a chance to step up this year and change how he will be remembered. He may not get another.
    Again, Elway had already won big games. He won 3 AFC titles before the age of 30. People did doubt his ability to win the SB. I do agree that Rivers is running out of chances to cement his legacy.

is it bad i would like to see the other teams in the AFC do well. so when the broncos win it. we can say we won the strongest division in football?

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    is it bad i would like to see the other teams in the AFC do well. so when the broncos win it. we can say we won the strongest division in football?
    Iím assuming you mean the AFC West.

Itís okay to want it.

Itís not okay to say it out loud.

Broncos Fan Card Revoked!!!!!!!!!!
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Rivers has grown on me, after Manning beat him up for so many years I'd like to see him finally get a Lombardi. Seems like a good guy, despite the constant crying and complaining to the refs.