Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Would you trade Super Bowl 50 victory for winning seasons in '16, '17 and '18?

It seems fairly obvious a lot of people on this board want Elway gone, or blame him for the abject failure of the football team the last 2 if not 3 seasons. So the question then becomes, would you give up the 2015 Banner for having made the playoffs the last 3 years? That's the trade. We get everything that comes with John Elway, and one of those things is a Super Bowl victory. Just wondering.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    It seems fairly obvious a lot of people on this board want Elway gone, or blame him for the abject failure of the football team the last 2 if not 3 seasons. So the question then becomes, would you give up the 2015 Banner for having made the playoffs the last 3 years? That's the trade. We get everything that comes with John Elway, and one of those things is a Super Bowl victory. Just wondering.
    Clearly, NO!

There are many things I disagree with Elway about, and about his actions, but there is no person I would trust to be more invested in his version of Broncos future success.
    I did not like him hiring Fox - the only HC with a worse record than McDaniels in 2010.

Irrespective of his personal feelings - which according to Woody - were negative, I expect that as the face of the franchise you support your players until they are gone - I found his PUBLIC lack of support for Tebow in 2011 offensive, and undermining. 2012-15 were amazing except for the Fox Ball aspect of the setting up not to loose in the playoffs, and I don't blame Elway for making mistakes, but I do when he is pigheaded.

SB-50 was great!
    And John Elway is A Great GM For delivering another Lombardi to Denver.
    ( The Denver Broncos with John Elway~3 Lombardi's, The Denver Broncos w/o John Elway~O Lombardi's.)

I Love #7

Hell no.

Anyone who answers yes is committing message board suicide. Lol, thereís no way I trade a super bowl victory for three winning seasons.

Those people that want Elway gone need to do a little research and look up the most winningest GMs in the history of the NFL. You will see spans in years with losing records and a lot of those GMs inherited their star QB. Ozzie Newsome who I often use as an example to compare with Elway NEVER drafted a franchise QB (unless you want to count Flacco but I don't consider him elite) and went 6 years at the beginning of his career without a winning season.

Would I trade that superbowl? Hell no!!!! That is the ultimate goal isn't it? Denver fans are such a spoiled fan base here you can't go more than 2 years without sharpening your pitch forks when things don't go your way.
    Last edited by JvDub95; 01-10-2019 at 05:30 AM.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Hell no. Absolutely not. What the heck good does winning seasons do if it still ends on a loss?

That season was my favorite season since 98.

Losing does suck but I can still tell my other team friends that at least we have a ring recently. And I have highlight videos to watch.

In no form or fashion would I ever give up a super bowl season for three seasons that still donít end in victory.

8 years
    5 AFC Championships
    2 Super Bowls (imo a bone headed safety play away from 3)
    1 Ring

I understand the criticism of some of his moves but I do not understand the desire to fire him right now
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Losing seasons happen for every team in every sport. Even legendary teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Red Wings, Packers, Steelers, Habs, etc. have losing seasons.

Not every sports team in every sport is a champion though. So winning the big game will always be the best that could happen and winning 1 vs having a few bad seasons is still good.

Marvin Lewis was with the Bengals for 16yrs and not once did they win a playoff game. Throughout that time that team has talent all over the field but still couldn't win.

I'll take some losing seasons with little talent on the offensive side over 16yrs of not winning a playoff game with loads of talent.

So if I'll take that, I'll take 1 super bowl win and some losing seasons.

Hell no. No one will pick 3 winning seasons over a SB.

Ahh..... No. What are we? Bengles fans

Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post
    Anyone who answers yes is committing message board suicide. Lol, thereís no way I trade a super bowl victory for three winning seasons.
    Ain't that the truth!

Dumbest question EVER. Who in their right mind would give up a win at the big show over a couple losing seasons????

No.

10 characters
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Now answer your own question.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus