Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The "Dot com" generation, they just want to point and click a Championship.
    (And everything else for that matter.)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    The "Dot com" generation, they just want to point and click a Championship.
    (And everything else for that matter.)
    When you build a Monster like they have in Denver, a person does get spoiled, that's for sure. I am just hoping now, they can find a decent QB, or a least get the one they do have to play just a little better? We all KNOW they got the Defensive and Offensive core to be a LOT better then last year.
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    He already did that. Twice in fact. The Broncos won a playoff game in in 2011 without Manning. They also won 3 playoff games in 2015 despite Manning.

I don't think anyone has meant more to a franchise than John Elway has to the Broncos. The only two I can think of who are in the same ball park are Mario Lemieux of the Penguins and Bill Russell of the Celtics.
    Not true. The 2011 playoff team was 8-8. The 2016 team was 9-7 but didnít make the playoffs. Elway canít make the playoffs at 8-8 in the new AFC West.

I think Elway put together a decent team the last couple years. I think they under performed due to the Coaching staff.

I wanted to start a John Elway appreciation thread, for all the good things #7 has done for the Denver Broncos.
    All those great years of football, 4th Quarter comebacks, scrambles, And a lot of Wins and Super Bowls!
    He was a such a great QB and a pleasure to watch play the game.
    Thank you, John Elway.
    I Love #7 !!!
    (We are Very Lucky to have him.)
    John Elway called Floyd Little "the greatest Bronco".

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    John Elway called Floyd Little "the greatest Bronco".
    Thanks Sam!!!
    But Capt. Jack called Elway the Greatest!!!!
    What am I "Bunker Chum"?

Thanks Sam!!!
    But Capt. Jack called Elway the Greatest!!!!
    What am I "Bunker Chum"?
    Don't shoot the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    Nah, I gave you cp!

I have watched his whole career and have always been proud of him and the Broncos, its been a fun ride.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!

We were Lucky to have Manning for 4 years, and even more Lucky to have Elway for 16 years as a player + all these years as a Great GM !!!!

We were Lucky to have Manning for 4 years, and even more Lucky to have Elway for 16 years as a player + all these years as a Great GM !!!!
    One thing that many seem to look over is his ability to land free agents. He is a salesman and a darn good one!! I cant wait to see him work his magic this offseason!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    One thing that many seem to look over is his ability to land free agents. He is a salesman and a darn good one!! I cant wait to see him work his magic this offseason!!
    I expect a busy offseason.
    I am looking forward to seeing what goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I appreciate your appreciation thread. Sometimes this boards can get exhausting with constant negativity.

I listed some cons but hopefully this thread can be mostly appreciation of the good.
    I appreciate you appreciating this appreciation thread which I also appreciate.

I endorse this one!
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

As a player and qb Elway walks on water as far as I am concerned.

Fun facts for John Elway - the executive

During John Elway’s seven seasons as an executive, he has signed or extended the contracts of 16 players who have combined for 34 Pro Bowl selections with the Broncos.

Elway is the only NFL general manager over the last seven years to acquire future Pro Bowl players through the NFL Draft, street free agency, unrestricted free agency and college free agency.

The Broncos posted a 71-29 (.710) overall record during John Elway’s first 100 games as executive (2011-Wk. 10, 2016) with that win percentage ranking second in the NFL during that period.

Elway’s 71 total wins are believed to be the most by any NFL team’s general manager through his first 100 overall games.

Since John Elway was hired in 2011 (and coming off a 4-12 record in 2010), the Broncos are tied for the third-most overall wins in the NFL.

The Broncos are currently tied for the third-most playoff berths since Elway arrived on the scene in 2011.

Since Elway was hired in 2011, the Broncos are tied for the third-most playoff wins in the NFL.

Under Elway the GM, the Broncos have appeared in two Super Bowls (SB XLVIII and SB 50), which is tied for the second-most since 2011.

Under Elway the GM, the Broncos have achieved one World Championship, which is tied for second-most in the NFL since 2011.

Now those number are as of the 3rd week in Nov..so some have changed... but John Elway - executive
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles