Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    What I do appreciate the most is his unwavering commitment to this team. There is never a need to question his desire to field a winner. Sure we underperformed for a couple years but it's not like he is happy about that or content with losing. All the speculation about his job being in jeopardy have never come from within the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I very much respect Elway. Anyone who makes a thread like this....

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...ighlight=Elway

...clearly respects him.

These days I have been more critical of him, and I won't delve into it given this is a positive thread. And in spite of any concerns I may have, I also believe that, "if you did it before you can it again".

So cmon John....do it again!

"And the Moon shall turn to blood, and Can shall criticize Elway, and the seas shall boil..."

The Apocalypse must be near!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I very much respect Elway. Anyone who makes a thread like this....

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...ighlight=Elway

...clearly respects him.

These days I have been more critical of him, and I won't delve into it given this is a positive thread. And in spite of any concerns I may have, I also believe that, "if you did it before you can it again".

So cmon John....do it again!
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post

"And the Moon shall turn to blood, and Can shall criticize Elway, and the seas shall boil..."

There was a small cloud blocking Can's sunshine, but it's gone now.

We will rise from the ashes...
    [

Elway was the reason I really bought into the Broncos whey back when... He is the man and that won't change....

http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    There was a small cloud blocking Can's sunshine, but it's gone now.

We will rise from the ashes...
    The cloud has disappeared!!!

And if John finds us a QB for the future, I will kick my own butt for even mentioning my concerns!!!

If that be so...….sorry John!!!

Damn straight! Were it not for John Elway, the Broncos would be an orange and blue version of the Cleveland Browns . . .
    uhhh,this ain't Lou from Aurora

John Elway is the reason why I love football!!!!!!
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

You go your way, we'll go ELWAY! As a kid, my parents took me to a Stanford game where I saw Elway hit Marjerum for a TD from behind the 50. I followed him to the Farm and got to watch Eddie Mac haul in what would prove to be the winner at Cal in a crazy finish involving a 15 yard penalty on the crowd who had rushed the field setting up a game winning FG. I saw all Elway's games, on TV at least, and suffered through all the SB debacles. I never tired of seeing Elway spread the field and running in from the 5 against the Raiders. It got to the point I could tell he was running it from the way he set up. But the Raiders never figured it out. I stood, paced, screamed, and cried, along with all of the rocky mountain empire as Elway finally got his ring. Later, my family sat next to the Elways at Stanford Stadium watching my brother and his daughter graduate. While some of his decisions as GM have worked out badly, he also brought Manning and another championship to Denver. You can see the fierce competitiveness in his eyes. There's not any individual more tightly tied to the identity of the entire region than Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I wanted to start a John Elway appreciation thread, for all the good things #7 has done for the Denver Broncos.
    All those great years of football, 4th Quarter comebacks, scrambles, And a lot of Wins and Super Bowls!
    He was a such a great QB and a pleasure to watch play the game.
    Thank you, John Elway.
    I Love #7 !!!
    (We are Very Lucky to have him.)
    Amen to that! I remember people doubting Elway back in the 80s. Said he was like Jim kelly, couldn't win the big one. Well how did that end?

Ill take the bad with the good(2 super bowl appearances) and a really big ring...

Nobody has held Elway accountable more than I have but that doesnít mean I donít appreciate his efforts or what he has done for the team.

Number 7 was a great QB and I fully stand behind his decision to hire Vic Fangio! We should have a pretty good defense in 2019 however I hope the expectations arenít to high.

We need to remember that Vic is still a first year Head Coach but Iím glad Elway is taking the risk! I stand behind him on this decision!

Only John could pull off wearing a suit like he had on today

Quote Originally Posted by swinginhorseman View Post
    Amen to that! I remember people doubting Elway back in the 80s. Said he was like Jim kelly, couldn't win the big one. Well how did that end?

Ill take the bad with the good(2 super bowl appearances) and a really big ring...
    SB-50 was really great!

I was so happy when Elway came back to lead the Broncos back to respectability.
    I think we are on the right track again now with new leadership on the coaching staff.

=

=

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I wanted to start a John Elway appreciation thread, for all the good things #7 has done for the Denver Broncos.
    All those great years of football, 4th Quarter comebacks, scrambles, And a lot of Wins and Super Bowls!
    He was a such a great QB and a pleasure to watch play the game.
    Thank you, John Elway.
    I Love #7 !!!
    (We are Very Lucky to have him.)
    Yes . We ARE lucky to have him as GM, and even more lucky as a player.

In this what have you done for me lately world we live in, it seems to not mean diddly squat that he went to 5 Super Bowls as a player, winning two, and two more as GM!?!?

Just think, for one moment, what we would have missed if it wasn't for John Elway.

There are ALWAYS gonna be haters though.
    oh YEAH?