Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is Josh Rosen a Considerable option?

So with Kyler Murray declaring this morning and the recent hire of Klif Kingsbury itís now being said that the Cardinals no longer wish to deal the first overall pick. Itís also being said that Kingsbury is extremely high on Murray.

Would that make Rosen a trade option and if so would he be an option for Denver?
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

Oh No Way Do I want to Josh Rosen in Denver Ever !

Zero percent chance that they trade Rosen to take Murray. Kingsbury said that back in October before he was a head coach. Too many cap implications and I'm sure he was hired with the thought that he would amp up the progression on Rosen. With that said, I would hope that the Broncos wouldn't consider trading for Rosen.

No way.... I didn't want him in the draft last year and that doesn't change, unless its for a mid round pick or later
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Lol these threads popping up today are hilarious.

Kingsbury would be fired by June if he traded Rosen in favor of Murry.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post

But this has a little bit of a foundation given the very recent following comment:

Schefter: Cardinals' Kingsbury Could Trade Josh Rosen, Draft Kyler Murray No. 1

Having said that, I do not really want Rosen, as if my vote counts.

So when I post a thread reporting radio speculation asking for your opinion itís considered a joke?

Iíll make a note not to ask your opinion because itís a joke, got it!

To the OP,
    No.

Not if he laid it out in his interview and that were the terms of his hire. He couldíve honestly told them he couldnít win with Rosen. It would have been an extremely bold move, but not out of the realm of possibility. Especially given how hard they went after him, he couldíve (and shouldíve) made whatever ďdemandsĒ he chose. Remember, he had a job.

I would trade for him for a 4th round pick or later. Which they wouldn't do, so I'm not too worried about it.

It's like driving a new car off the lot. Once his first seasons starts, his value drops immensely. Especially when he was what he was.

Elway was ready to make a trade with Buffalo and drop to #12, behind the Cardinals and Dolphins. That means the Broncos, after spending a lot of time with all those QBs, were not really interested in Rosen at all. I think Rosen is a good fit for Kubiak's offense, but I'd be surprised if the Broncos make this move one year after passing on him in the draft. There was a lot of talk about his personality and now he is coming from a dreadful rookie season [though Mike McCoy was his OC].

I would not blame the Cardinals if they see a better QB prospect in this draft and are considering him with the #1 pick. If you think you can make an upgrade at the most important position... It's like saying the Broncos could not have drafted Mahomes because they had just hired Mike McCoy to develop Paxton Lynch. One year later, both McCoy and Lynch were tossed in the trash can.

I just don't expect Kyler Murray to be under consideration for the Cardinals at #1. I will be very surprised if Murray goes before Haskins and Lock. Not only the height, but also his frame and the zig-and-zag between football and baseball... It would make more sense to me if the Cardinals draft Haskins and then try to move Rosen.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Rosen isn't worth us giving up our #10 1st Round pick for.

Unless teams jump us, I'd rather stand pat at 10 and grab the best QB available when it's our turn to pick and use the rest of our picks on areas of need rather than trading any of our picks away to move up or to grab someone else's trash.
    Rosen looks to be nothing but an average QB and/or career back-up when it's all said and done.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    But this has a little bit of a foundation given the very recent following comment:

Schefter: Cardinals' Kingsbury Could Trade Josh Rosen, Draft Kyler Murray No. 1

Having said that, I do not really want Rosen, as if my vote counts.
    I think it would be career suicide to give up on a top 10 QB after 1 season. And can't fathom that ownership would be on board with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    So when I post a thread reporting radio speculation asking for your opinion it’s considered a joke?

I’ll make a note not to ask your opinion because it’s a joke, got it!
    Woah woah woah slow down. I said the thread is hilarious not that it's a joke. I didn't mean it personal towards you. In my opinion it's an absolute joke that Kingsbury would remotely consider it. I consider it a joke from Schefter reporting it. And I don't truly believe it has more legs than a rumor. I think it would be a colossal mistake from Arizona's standpoint. I didn't mean anything offensive towards you posting it. I just meant I think the idea is a hilariously bad idea.

To answer your actual OP question I would be on board with bringing him in. I think he would be a clear upgrade over Keenum. A lot of his 2018 struggles I think can honestly be attributed to a disaster roster they had around him. I didn't want him last year. But depending on the cost I'd give him a shot over Keenum. I wouldn't do it for a first though. I just don't see Arizona actually pulling the trigger on that.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    To the OP,
    No.

Not if he laid it out in his interview and that were the terms of his hire. He could’ve honestly told them he couldn’t win with Rosen. It would have been an extremely bold move, but not out of the realm of possibility. Especially given how hard they went after him, he could’ve (and should’ve) made whatever “demands” he chose. Remember, he had a job.
    It may be slightly possible. The ESPN article I saw referenced bringing him in as a backup to Rosen. Should Rosen struggle another season. Not as a replacement. But again not only would it be a bold move I think it would literally be career suicide. But then again I already think it was a bad hire by Arizona to begin with. Perhaps they enjoy being stuck in mediocrity now.

Rosen did have a crappy OL and their running game didn't help him very much either. He made a lot of rookie mistakes. That being said...I wouldn't trade for Rosen and I also have to see this draft process play out a little more before I believe Rosen gets traded at all.

I can see Steve Wilks shooting somebody if the Cardinals traded Rosen this offseason. lol.

Being considered makes him a considerable option. Whether not Elway considers him viable is another story.