Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Thread: Is it rigged?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Well it’s distasteful but since you brought up katrina one could say the same about the Patriots sudden rising after 9/11.

    They may not be in New York but it was the word patriotism that was used a lot following.
    a bit of a stretch there...

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,903
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Umm the blackout supposedly helped the Niners not the ravens. It was a blowout before the blackout. Niners got back in it after.
    That's right I had it backwards, but it's been cited often for the other conspiracy theory --that the league may interfere to make games closer because that's best for ratings.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rawlins, Wyoming
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Manning and Ray Lewis winning the SB their final years, NO winning the SB a few years after Katrina...
    Elway wins two then retires when he clearly could have played longer
    Patriots the year of 9/11
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,418
    Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    Elway wins two then retires when he clearly could have played longer
    Patriots the year of 9/11
    At the time Elway wanted to keep playing but Shanahan gave him an ultimatum. He wanted Elway back but as his price since he could only run half the playbook.

    Days after the Columbine shootings Elway announced his retirement. I remember Bubby Brister stating in an interview in response that there were more important things in life than pro football!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,830
    i cant believe that its rigged, if i start believing that i stop watching, period.


    Welcome Back! #85

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,418
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i cant believe that its rigged, if i start believing that i stop watching, period.
    Oh it wont break your heart like the WWE did!

    Dont you know what doesnt kill you makes you stronger...

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i cant believe that its rigged, if i start believing that i stop watching, period.
    Well hopefully the theory can die a quick death and both LA teams will lose. I know you secretly are with me on this. Shhhhh….we won't tell anyone...…..else.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,830
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    Well hopefully the theory can die a quick death and both LA teams will lose. I know you secretly are with me on this. Shhhhh….we won't tell anyone...…..else.
    i like how fans think that if the teams they want to lose wins, then that means it's rigged. i think anyone that has been here for a couple years can attest that i definitely don't agree with you.


    Welcome Back! #85

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i like how fans think that if the teams they want to lose wins, then that means it's rigged. i think anyone that has been here for a couple years can attest that i definitely don't agree with you.
    Oh I'm not theorizing that it could be rigged because I don't like the Chargers.....I am saying that if both LA teams end up in the Super Bowl right now it looks suspicious. In fact....since it would look so suspicious....they probably should rig it so the Chargers and Rams lose this week.....to avoid the conspiracy theory....right? Yeah.....that's the ticket.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,828
    If I thought it was rigged I wouldn't watch at all.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,418
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    Oh I'm not theorizing that it could be rigged because I don't like the Chargers.....I am saying that if both LA teams end up in the Super Bowl right now it looks suspicious. In fact....since it would look so suspicious....they probably should rig it so the Chargers and Rams lose this week.....to avoid the conspiracy theory....right? Yeah.....that's the ticket.
    Perhaps Brady gets his sixth ring with a run down over the hill offense, would that seem anymore suspicious?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-11-2019 at 01:12 PM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Larned, Kansas
    Posts
    1,354
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i cant believe that its rigged, if i start believing that i stop watching, period.
    I'm with you......

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Perhaps Brady gets his sixth ring with a run down over the hill offense, would that seem anymore suspicious?
    It would definitely be suspicious if a combo of the greatest of all time coach and QB won a Super Bowl in the twilight of the QB's career. You're onto something Sam!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Perhaps Brady gets his sixth ring with a run down over the hill offense, would that seem anymore suspicious?
    How is that different than Manning in SB 50?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    How is that different than Manning in SB 50?
    Everything the Pats do is suspicious that's the difference.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •