Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I mostly agree, but I still believe Bolles can put it all together and become a very good LT. Will he? Not sure, but maybe Fangio's hard nosed approach will be good for him.
    If the light bulb doesn't switch on in 2019 for Bolles, it probably never will. He had just as many holding penalties in 2018 as he did in 2017. He did allow fewer sacks, however. In any event, we need to get at least one stud OT in this draft.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...TJ3aAsGOpxzJjk

Some interesting notes...

-4 QBs in the top 15

2. Kyler Murray
    5. Trever Lawrence
    9. Tua Tagovailoa
    13. Will Grier
    What does this tell me....we're in the wrong year!!!!

The draft year of Lawrence will be a wild one!!! Tua will also generate loads of excitement!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    What does this tell me....we're in the wrong year!!!!

The draft year of Lawrence will be a wild one!!! Tua will also generate loads of excitement!!
    If his career continues on the trajectory it's on he's going to be one heck of a prospect!

If his career continues on the trajectory it's on he's going to be one heck of a prospect!
    I was listening to a local radio show the other day (before the game), and the analyst described this young athlete in such glowing terms that I had to watch him play. He seems to be way ahead of the pack. Not saying he will be a Hall of Famer, but everything points towards a successful NFL career. The question is, what can he learn in college, from now til '21...other than fine tuning what he already knows/does.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    If the light bulb doesn't switch on in 2019 for Bolles, it probably never will. He had just as many holding penalties in 2018 as he did in 2017. He did allow fewer sacks, however. In any event, we need to get at least one stud OT in this draft.
    Are we 100% certain Bolles is that bad?
    It would be interesting to look at the Bronco quarterbacks in 17 & 18 and see how long the hold the ball before throwing compared to the rest of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Are we 100% certain Bolles is that bad?
    It would be interesting to look at the Bronco quarterbacks in 17’ & 18’ and see how long the hold the ball before throwing compared to the rest of the league.
    I don't know if any there any official stats which measure how long a QB holds the ball. Just from watching every game from 17-18 it seems to me Keenum was much better at getting the ball away, or at least escaping pressure, than Siemian. Siemian, who is also less athletic than Keenum, had a tendency to drift too far back in the pocket. According to http://www.nflpenalties.com in 2018 Bolles was tied for the 4th most penalties by an OL, and was tied for 1st in most holding penalties. Another good resource for tracking NFL players and their stats is http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/players.asp.
    Last edited by gerontion; 01-11-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I want the best available QB, CB, ILB, DT or LT.

A guy like Jonah Williams would be a great pick imo because he can come on and start at LT right away. Might dradtically imrpove our oline if we put that bum Bolles at RT where he belongs, no qb should have to suffer through that guy protecting his blind side.
    In Bolles defense, he rarely gives up the massive hit. He just holds instead.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I was listening to a local radio show the other day (before the game), and the analyst described this young athlete in such glowing terms that I had to watch him play. He seems to be way ahead of the pack. Not saying he will be a Hall of Famer, but everything points towards a successful NFL career. The question is, what can he learn in college, from now til '21...other than fine tuning what he already knows/does.
    The NFL needs a minor league.
    Student Athletes should decide if they want to train at a NFL minor camp for a year then enter the draft or get signed by the hosting team afterwards. There is no reason a student athlete should risk his body to make millions for the institution without something more than a lousy diploma most never use.

Teams should be able to sign 18 year olds to a minor team as future prospects. They could be housed, fed, conditioned, and study their craft. Kind of like school any way. There seems to be a flaw somewhere.