Some interesting notes...

-4 QBs in the top 15

2. Kyler Murray
    5. Trever Lawrence
    9. Tua Tagovailoa
    13. Will Grier

Here's what they said about the QBs in this year's draft

Murray:

The Heisman Trophy winner dominated game-in and game-out this year en route to the No. 1 overall grade among quarterbacks while unleashing the highest average of yards per attempt at 11.6. With talk of his declaration for the 2019 NFL Draft now heavy on the tongues and keyboards of pundits across the country, Murrayís outstanding play should stand for itself as heíll prepare for the draft. His 78.9% adjusted completion ranked fourth at the position despite his ridiculous average of 11.6 yards per attempt (not just completion

Grier:

Grier was once again tremendous for the Mountaineers in 2018, finishing the year as the nationís third-highest graded quarterback. He let it rip with the best of them, sprinkling in deep shots with great accuracy just as quick as heíd hit a crosser over the middle or perfectly lead his targets away from coverage with relative ease. In total, he averaged the fourth-highest yards per attempt at 9.7 while throwing more deep pass touchdowns than any other FBS QB with 20. He goes down as arguably the best deep-ball thrower over the past two seasons as heís thrown for more yards (2,850), more touchdowns (36) and more big-time throws (54) on passes targeted at least 20 yards downfield than any other quarterback since 2017.
    The next highest QB is Dwayne Haskins at #34 and here's what they said:

A few road duds along the way pushed Haskins down the list of top players and likely, ultimately out of the College Football Playoff, though, he was more than impressive in his one year as the starter for the Buckeyes. Named as our Big Ten Player of the Year, Haskins finished second in the nation with 240 combined first-down and touchdown passes and managed to average 9.0 yards per attempt and still hold on to a top-10 mark in adjusted completion percentage. Say what you will about the Ohio Stateís short-area passing attack, Haskins could still deliver passes all over the field and to a wide array of receiving targets in Columbus.
    The rest of the QBs to make their top 101 players were as follows:

38. Gardner Minshew
    42. Mason Fine
    45. D'Erik King
    54. Charlie Brewer
    60. Ryan Finley
    74. Drew Lock
    76. Nathan Rourke

What does everyone take from this?
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 01-10-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Elway plans in drafting the 74th rated prospect at 10? If Lock is his guy?

Murray way too small to be my QB, if I was running the show.

DEN will have to seriously vet and look at Greer. Looks like he should be the pick at 10, more so than Jones or Lock.

Elway went with size in the past, over performance. Maybe last yearís philosophy has changed his thinking.

With Murray, Haskins, Jones, Lock, Greer... no need for DEN to trade up from 10.

Williams and Wilkins are studs. I love Murphy... hard to justify passing in those 3 for Jones or Lock.

Anyway, PFF isnít the most accurate anyway.... their rankings are usually head scratchers. Wasnít Jd Walton their top OC 1 season?

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Elway plans in drafting the 74th rated prospect at 10? If Lock is his guy?

Murray way too small to be my QB, if I was running the show.

DEN will have to seriously vet and look at Greer. Looks like he should be the pick at 10, more so than Jones or Lock.

Elway went with size in the past, over performance. Maybe last yearís philosophy has changed his thinking.

With Murray, Haskins, Jones, Lock, Greer... no need for DEN to trade up from 10.

Williams and Wilkins are studs. I love Murphy... hard to justify passing in those 3 for Jones or Lock.

Anyway, PFF isnít the most accurate anyway.... their rankings are usually head scratchers. Wasnít Jd Walton their top OC 1 season?
    You are taking what some reporter said as gospel truth? Just because 1 guy says this what we are doing doesn't meen jack...you know that. Why would Elway tell the world this is our guy? Everything from now until draft day is smoke and mirrors. I expect Haskins or Grier to be a more realistic option

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Pro Football Focus is not reliable in my opinion, the way they generate their ratings is suspect, and I question sometimes what they are watching. I think they keep some really great statistics, like coverage statistics for defenders in terms of targets, completions, touchdowns allowed, etc. But the way they grade offensive lineman and many other positions is clearly not supported or backed by the leagues transaction history, as many guys they rate as top performers or "secret superstars" are either cut, released, or on rosters riding the pine, I don't place much value in this list.

I do find it interesting that Daniel Jones didn't make their top 100 list, despite many considering him a top 15 prospect right now. Obviously for those who gave him an extended look this season know he didn't play all that great outside of a game here or there, but surely he would have to qualify to be in the top 100 players in college football ? I wonder if anyone who actually feels Pro Football Focus is good at grading quarterbacks also is clamouring for Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Pro Football Focus is not reliable in my opinion, the way they generate their ratings is suspect, and I question sometimes what they are watching. I think they keep some really great statistics, like coverage statistics for defenders in terms of targets, completions, touchdowns allowed, etc. But the way they grade offensive lineman and many other positions is clearly not supported or backed by the leagues transaction history, as many guys they rate as top performers or "secret superstars" are either cut, released, or on rosters riding the pine, I don't place much value in this list.

I do find it interesting that Daniel Jones didn't make their top 100 list, despite many considering him a top 15 prospect right now. Obviously for those who gave him an extended look this season know he didn't play all that great outside of a game here or there, but surely he would have to qualify to be in the top 100 players in college football ? I wonder if anyone who actually feels Pro Football Focus is good at grading quarterbacks also is clamouring for Jones.
    I dont care what that article says, I still want Jones. Pro football only looks at the big schools and bases everything on their rosters. There are kids all over the country that will re-write that list in reality.

Dont get me wrong, your William's and Haskins and Whites of the league absolutely need to be where they are but how are they grading? You cant honestly tell me that King, Minshaw, Fine, Brewer.....all these guys are actually considered better than Jones....I dont

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    There are hits and misses all around. They were the one publication all last season that promoted Mayfield as a top flight talent at QB. When everyone had him pegged for the 2nd round, they cited his accuracy and deep ball for reasons he should be taken much higher. For whatever that's worth.

I was more interested in the things they said about the players, which is why I included those excerpts. Specifically Grier's deep ball accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    There are hits and misses all around. They were the one publication all last season that promoted Mayfield as a top flight talent at QB. When everyone had him pegged for the 2nd round, they cited his accuracy and deep ball for reasons he should be taken much higher. For whatever that's worth.

I was more interested in the things they said about the players, which is why I included those excerpts. Specifically Grier's deep ball accuracy.
    Daniel Jones didnít make the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Daniel Jones didnít make the list?
    Apparently not, but I like him. His film isn't great though, which probably is why he didn't rank highly here. His big draws are size, coaching pedigree, and the perceived upside that those can bring. He's a project.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Apparently not, but I like him. His film isn't great though, which probably is why he didn't rank highly here. His big draws are size, coaching pedigree, and the perceived upside that those can bring. He's a project.
    Most of what I saw were quick throws, but he has excellent anticipation and is accurate. His mechanics are good.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I dont care what that article says, I still want Jones. Pro football only looks at the big schools and bases everything on their rosters. There are kids all over the country that will re-write that list in reality.

Dont get me wrong, your William's and Haskins and Whites of the league absolutely need to be where they are but how are they grading? You cant honestly tell me that King, Minshaw, Fine, Brewer.....all these guys are actually considered better than Jones....I dont
    I think you have to separate the lists. It isn't a list of who they perceive as the best pro prospects, it is just the ratings of college players based on their grading systems and how they performed this year, it isn't a pro projection in anyway at all. Obviously Daniel Jones is a better pro prospect than Gardner Minshew, however you could make a solid argument that Minshew played better this past year than Jones did, that is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I think you have to separate the lists. It isn't a list of who they perceive as the best pro prospects, it is just the ratings of college players based on their grading systems and how they performed this year, it isn't a pro projection in anyway at all. Obviously Daniel Jones is a better pro prospect than Gardner Minshew, however you could make a solid argument that Minshew played better this past year than Jones did, that is fair.
    Excellent point. A WAR recap, almost, if you will... just based on who was the best rated players, at their respective positions, during the course of this season. The top (most productive, analytically-speaking) through the 100th, but solely predicated on the aforementioned criterion.

In context, this actually vaults Lock up in my mind if he rated out as a top 50 player. And, didnít Jones miss 2 games because of an injury?
    Last edited by fraguela09; 01-10-2019 at 10:05 PM.

I want the best available QB, CB, ILB, DT or LT.

A guy like Jonah Williams would be a great pick imo because he can come on and start at LT right away. Might dradtically imrpove our oline if we put that bum Bolles at RT where he belongs, no qb should have to suffer through that guy protecting his blind side.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Most of what I saw were quick throws, but he has excellent anticipation and is accurate. His mechanics are good.
    I agree! Comes from his coaching I'm sure. He's not my QB1, but I would love to snag him at #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I want the best available QB, CB, ILB, DT or LT.

A guy like Jonah Williams would be a great pick imo because he can come on and start at LT right away. Might dradtically imrpove our oline if we put that bum Bolles at RT where he belongs, no qb should have to suffer through that guy protecting his blind side.
    I mostly agree, but I still believe Bolles can put it all together and become a very good LT. Will he? Not sure, but maybe Fangio's hard nosed approach will be good for him.