Vance Joseph signed as Cardinals DC

Did not take him long. Nothing to be ashamed of either. Hate to mention the "Josh" word, but look at his success as an OC, before and after Denver. And yes, less pressure, and still a very hefty pay cheque. And if you do well, a head coach opportunity often appears down the road.

Good luck to him.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Good for VJ.

I hope it goes well for him.

Im guessing he prefers the 4-3 so the Cardinals may need to commit to drafting those kind of defenders.

I think that was one of the downfalls of Steve Wilkes. He tried to play a 4-3 with a 3-4 roster.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Did not take him long. Nothing to be ashamed of either. Hate to mention the "Josh" word, but look at his success as an OC under Belichick and in New England ONLY, before and after Denver. And yes, less pressure, and still a very hefty pay cheque. And if you do well, a head coach opportunity often appears down the road.

Good luck to him.

Fixed it for ya!

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Good fir VJ, I hope he gets a fair shot to do things his way with his own personnel.

I also hope the Cardinals blossom into something special Ive always liked Petersen and Fitzgerald but seems like the cards have always had to settle for lefts over in the coaching department (aside from Arians)!

Did not take him long. Nothing to be ashamed of either. Hate to mention the "Josh" word, but look at his success as an OC, before and after Denver. And yes, less pressure, and still a very hefty pay cheque. And if you do well, a head coach opportunity often appears down the road.

Good luck to him.
    I thought of McD and his situation, too. They seem to excel when they're in their comfort zone.

Hopefully, he does well.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Fixed it for ya!
    Got me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I thought of McD and his situation, too. They seem to excel when they're in their comfort zone.

Hopefully, he does well.
    Yes. To be a good OC or DC says a lot about a person. Those are very important jobs! And for many, along with all other HC candidates, the next step up is a huge one. Much more range of responsibility, "the buck stops here", and a load of media attention. And in the case of some, their day will come, but they need a little more time and experience. And though I am vocal about The Pats, and even though I lost a little more respect for Josh this past year for ditching Indy at the last moment, I can not fault him for his skills as an OC. He and Brady (and BB) are a very successful team. And when he is old and gray, he will have a long list of accomplishments, primarily at the one position he seemed to excel at.

Good luck to him.
    Don't forget Josh McDaniels run as offensive coordinator in St Louis, where he took a young promising Sam Bradford and put together a horrible offense, and was fired again. It wasn't until he got back to Tommy's side he returned to having success in the NFL. You have to wonder why the New England coaching tree often goes on to struggle ? Is it that Tom Brady has been so great over the years he makes coaches look far better than they are ? I would say so, and Josh McDaniels is another example of that proven by his failures everywhere he has been outside of New England.

Our Defence looked much better this season after VJ became more directly involved in it (the fall off towards the end had much more to do with the players losing motivation as they knew they couldn't reach the playoffs). I think he'll make a good DC.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Don't forget Josh McDaniels run as offensive coordinator in St Louis, where he took a young promising Sam Bradford and put together a horrible offense, and was fired again. It wasn't until he got back to Tommy's side he returned to having success in the NFL. You have to wonder why the New England coaching tree often goes on to struggle ? Is it that Tom Brady has been so great over the years he makes coaches look far better than they are ? I would say so, and Josh McDaniels is another example of that proven by his failures everywhere he has been outside of New England.
    This could be a little too "far out" for most, but is it possible that you sign your soul over to the devil in Foxboro??? OK....just thinking out loud!!

But you are correct, that most of BB's unit have not fared so well upon leaving. Then again, I would not expect that to be an absolute truth. One does wonder though, do BB and Brady make you look better than you are?????????
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-11-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Hope he has the time of his life
    Never gets old.

Cardinals just told the Browns to hold their beer.

Good for VJ. I like him as a person. I really think this is what he needs. He was rushed up the ladder. He could use a couple years as a Coordinator.

I wish him well. Personally I would have liked to see him take whatever role he needed to get some deep playoff experience and experience with elite level coaching but a guy has to take the job offered to him.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

He will be the mike McCoy of their defense. All joking aside, glad he landed on his feet