Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by simplistickhaos View Post
    Whoís to say that the interview with him wasnít really an interview for the O-line coach?

Seems like the Broncos were killing two birds with one stone. Setting up the staff as they interviewed head coaching candidates.
    There's no way that could be true. Elway is a terrible GM isn't that smart and needs to be fired. Or so say about 99% of folks here.....
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-12-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Forgot about the family in the area.

I would still be angry if I were Fangio and this was a total Elway move.

Obviously, if it is a Fangio idea, he wouldnít be angry.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Forgot about the family in the area.

I would still be angry if I were Fangio and this was a total Elway move.

Obviously, if it is a Fangio idea, he wouldnít be angry.
    Where or when has Fangio said he was angry over this hire? I must of missed that somewhere along the way. None of us know what has been said in any of these interviews. We don't know that this wasn't Elways plan all along. We also don't know that Fangio wasn't right in the middle of this the whole time. In fact I'd be hard pressed not to believe that he wasnt. While Fangio is really nothing more that a glorified Defensive Coordinator now, he knows he is going to need someone who can run his oline and possibly his offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Where or when has Fangio said he was angry over this hire? I must of missed that somewhere along the way. None of us know what has been said in any of these interviews. We don't know that this wasn't Elways plan all along. We also don't know that Fangio wasn't right in the middle of this the whole time. In fact I'd be hard pressed not to believe that he wasnt. While Fangio is really nothing more that a glorified Defensive Coordinator now, he knows he is going to need someone who can run his oline and possibly his offense.
    When did anyone ever say Fangio was angry.

Reading comprehension is important.

When did anyone ever say Fangio was angry.

Reading comprehension is important.
    You implied that he is and I am asking. But you're right reading comprehension is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    You implied that he is and I am asking. But you're right reading comprehension is important.
    I never implied he was angry.

Reading comprehension is very important.

Okay, Iíve reserved my opinion of Fangio until now. I believe itís a good hire. I personally was pretty impressed with Munchak, but I have no qualms with the Fangio pick.

However, if he can get Munchak to come here and fix our OLine? I think it goes from good to great. Throw in newly released Gregg Williams as DC? Pick up that young coach from San Francisco as OC? This would go down as the greatest set of hires since Bowlen brought in Shanahan and his staff.

Hereís hoping it can happen

I never implied he was angry.

Reading comprehension is very important.
    You might not have implied Fangio would be angry, but I don't get how you'd lose respect for Munchak. I'd gain respect for a guy that's willing to put ego aside to be closer to his family. He lost out to the guy, who cares? Ridiculous to me that one would lose respect for someone because they're not too prideful to then turn around and work with that person. That shows character, not weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post
    Okay, Iíve reserved my opinion of Fangio until now. I believe itís a good hire. I personally was pretty impressed with Munchak, but I have no qualms with the Fangio pick.

However, if he can get Munchak to come here and fix our OLine? I think it goes from good to great. Throw in newly released Gregg Williams as DC? Pick up that young coach from San Francisco as OC? This would go down as the greatest set of hires since Bowlen brought in Shanahan and his staff.

Hereís hoping it can happen
    Gregg Williams went to the Jets.

Ed Donatell will likely be the DC who is Fangioís right hand man. Also Donatell was Denverís DB coach during the first 2 Super Bowls.

Late Christmas present for all of us if we could land Munchak. The man is quality through and through. He knows the league, he knows players and he knows offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    You might not have implied Fangio would be angry, but I don't get how you'd lose respect for Munchak. I'd gain respect for a guy that's willing to put ego aside to be closer to his family. He lost out to the guy, who cares? Ridiculous to me that one would lose respect for someone because they're not too prideful to then turn around and work with that person. That shows character, not weakness.
    Yes it does. Makes him the bigger man in my books. Not that it's a contest.

If the Munchak deal can happen, when will it likely unfold? Monday/Tuesday? They don't make announcements of this nature on a weekend?
    Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlands View Post
    If the Munchak deal can happen, when will it likely unfold? Monday/Tuesday? They don't make announcements of this nature on a weekend?
    That would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlands View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath. I'll be shocked if Munchak goes to work for the same Franchise that just turned him down after interviewing for the HC position.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Gregg Williams went to the Jets.

Ed Donatell will likely be the DC who is Fangioís right hand man. Also Donatell was Denverís DB coach during the first 2 Super Bowls.
    I missed that about Williams. Thanks. Would this be Donatellís first DC position?