Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    That was unexpected, omg

Quote Originally Posted by Bronkko View Post
    Gary's Offense was really good in 2014 with the Ravens...on that staff were Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani
    Keenum had a good year with the Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    I think Kubes could have been a great match with Fangio. He is tough on players and demands discipline. His offenses are really good when that's all he focuses on.

That being said, he clearly can't hold his assistants accountable in the same way he holds players accountable. So I'm glad this didn't work out.

To everyone saying "zomg...Elway will noob up the draft without Kubiak!"

Seems pretty obvious that Elway learned his lesson. Before he was indexing on combine measurables and upside, now he's focusing on performance and maturity. Paid off in spades in this draft. I hope Kubiak helps, but I think Elway and the revised scouting department are filtering for the right things now.
    So, with your opinion of Kubiak we can expect he will be the HOTTEST offensive coordinator being sought. I wonder how many teams will throw mega millions at Gary to get him to consider coaching their offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    So, with your opinion of Kubiak we can expect he will be the HOTTEST offensive coordinator being sought. I wonder how many teams will throw mega millions at Gary to get him to consider coaching their offense.
    Well first off, he is still employed by Denver in the personnel department. Until I see other wise , I believe he will be staying with us. But if he were to leave and be available to interview when teams were interviewing, I'm thinking he'd have some offers.

There are a lot of staffs being assembled and he does have experience. It would be great if he went to Jax because he would definitely want to trade for his man, Case Keenum.

I wonder if Gary will be hired by the Raiders ... He could beat Vic Fangio's defenses for a decade ... and Gary would take revenge on John Elway

I wonder if Gary will be hired by the Raiders ... He could beat Vic Fangio's defenses for a decade ... and Gary would take revenge on John Elway
    I think you underestimate how good this defense is going to be. Kubiak wouldn't be that dumb to go somewhere and get dominated

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I don't think that would happen and if it did, he would likely be fired due to ineptitude. When he came to Denver as HC, our offense got worse in all facets.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I think you underestimate how good this defense is going to be. Kubiak wouldn't be that dumb to go somewhere and get dominated

To this day, Gary has won 3 Lombardi trophies for the Broncos, from the offensive side, and Fangio ZERO...

But the human mind forgets fast ...

To this day, Gary has won 3 Lombardi trophies for the Broncos, from the offensive side, and Fangio ZERO...

I haven't forgotten anything.....perhaps you have? Who was the super bowl mvp? How did Denver win that super bowl? Oh yeah....with defense

plus, he doesn't have the 2 best Quarterbacks of all time to use in Chokeland.....

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Well first off, he is still employed by Denver in the personnel department. Until I see other wise , I believe he will be staying with us.
    Agreed. Everybody keeps going on how he is not with the organization any more and I have yet to see anything to confirm that nor has there been any reports stating he has been released or been given permission to interview with any other teams or that other teams have asked to interview him. All that has been reported to my knowledge is that he will not be the offensive coordinator for the 2019 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I don't think that would happen and if it did, he would likely be fired due to ineptitude. When he came to Denver as HC, our offense got worse in all facets.
    Yep and it's alllll Gary's fault. Has nothing to do with the facts that:

1) Manning was a hobbled, immobile, statuesque, interception machine, and backup Brock is average at best.
    2) Siemian and Lynch also sucked
    3) We had no genuine running threat.
    4) The OL issues that began in '14 continued with lousy personnel like turnstile Schofield.
    5) Rick Dennison was the OC.

Sure, Kubes had a hand in designing some of the offense that accommodated Manning by putting him in the pistol a lot, but Rick called the plays, as he did for us under Shanahan. [The latter was discussed here and at MHR with supporting evidence to this fact.] Dennison does not adjust well after the scripted plays finish which is what people complained about here in the late 2000's, in Houston, and in his last stint here, so I fully agree with and applaud Elway for excluding him, even as a position coach because the guy is kind of a blockhead. The only reason Gary used him is because they were both trained by Mike Shanahan and know the same terminology and playbook.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    http://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/1083946391745884160

A few hours old but it sounds like Denver isnt taking no for an answer for Rich Scangarello

Since Elway seems to still be pushing for this, is it possible Elway considers giving Lynch a late round draft pick just to interview (and possibly hire) Scangarello?

Is something like that even allowed as far as giving up a draft pick just to interview another team's asst. for less than a HC-ing position?

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above