Gary Kubiak will NOT be the offense coordinator...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    I'm not at all even as much as I appreciate Kubiak. Both sides hit an impasse that neither would concede. Kubiak is as much a part of his leaving as Elway.

Considering it was personnel related I really believe Kubiak was not in a place to make and expect demands. He posted his hand, Elway wouldn't budge. I hope at least they were able to separate amicably.

I agree, Gary is just as guilty as John and even though most of us love Gary, that doesn’t mean we should ignore the truth and give him a free pass!

What is truth? Well it was reported that Gary wanted to rehire Rick Dennison when he already knew how John felt about the situation from previous seasons.

Gary in his own words back in 2017 said “Rick is a damn good coach”. Gary truly believes this and that is fine but obviously Elway felt differently and he has his reasons.

Rico was hardly seen in Denver at all, why?

Kind of says something about who he is especially in the only press conference he gave he said “don’t go there” when asked about his offensive scheme!

Rico is a Jock ass and I’m glad Elway stood his ground here!

Nothing personal to Gary but Rico wasn’t welcome back!

Comment

• MHS
      I am The Dude
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by RobertR View Post
      I have to say I'm surprised by all the dismissal of Kubiak as a coach. To say that the head coach is essentially irrelevant to a team winning the Super Bowl strikes me as making no sense.
      I don’t think it’s a dismissal and I think the majority would be cool with Kubiak as OC if he was flexible on his assistants... not much excitement about bringing back average to below average assistants when guys like Munchak wanted to be here.
      sigpic
      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• Socnorb11
        Bench Warmer
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MHS View Post
        I don’t think it’s a dismissal and I think the majority would be cool with Kubiak as OC if he was flexible on his assistants... not much excitement about bringing back average to below average assistants when guys like Munchak wanted to be here.
        I'm not sure, but I think you missed his point.

We're not saying that Kubiak should be the OC, or even be part of the organization. We're saying that dismissing his accomplishments seems wrong and unnecessary.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
          Super Moderator
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BeavisBronco View Post
          I just want to point out the fact that the Broncos have NEVER won a Super Bowl without Kubiak.

While I'm glad we won't see the bland play calling and coaching we saw from Rick Dennison during Kubiak's tenure as HC (and to think Elway actually interviewed Dennison for HC at one point), I do believe Kubes added some value in terms of player scouting and other areas. This is a mixed bag for me. Hate to see him go, but at the same time glad we didn't retread old tires on the offense again.
          They've never won a Super Bowl without Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani either. But that doesn't mean Denver should have welcomed them back with open arms.

Comment

• RobertR
            Starter
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by MHS View Post
            Kubiak was next to useless that season
            You don't think that statement was a dismissal? Really?

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              They've never won a Super Bowl without Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani either. But that doesn't mean Denver should have welcomed them back with open arms.
              Great point! :thumb:

Comment

• Chop_Block
                Bench Warmer
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                I'm not sure, but I think you missed his point.

We're not saying that Kubiak should be the OC, or even be part of the organization. We're saying that dismissing his accomplishments seems wrong and unnecessary.
                Just take a look at what John Fox did for the Broncos and what Gary Kubiak did for the Broncos - and please don't go back to the Shannahan years.
                John Fox and his staff built a team and got to the SB with a record setting offense. No, we didn't win, but there was no doubt about him being the head coach and shaping those teams. Gary Kubiak came in and in the first year went to and won the SB. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve credit for navigating the waters of a season and winning it all, and maybe his best accomplishment was he brought along Wade for those years. But, Kubiak came into a team already built with a HOF QB and some true defensive stars.
                When I look at both head coaches and their contributions to the Broncos, I give the nod to John Fox as contributing more. BTW, I was in favor of us letting him go as he was not going to get us over the hump of losing Manning. And, Kubiak didn't get us over the hump of losing Manning either.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                  team preacher
                  • Mar 2008

Built the team? Elway built that roster not Fox.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• samparnell
                    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                    My take, too.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Chop_Block
                      Bench Warmer
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      So, the head coach is not instrumental in forming a team.
                      I can't believe I'm going to tout Fox, but this Kubiak love fest is ridiculous.
                      John Fox was brought in after the McD disaster. He inherited a team in disarray that was LAST in the division. The very first year, he WON the division and even a playoff game, with Tim Tebow as his QB. Then the Manning years where the team won the division EVERY year. Then the loss to the Colts in the playoffs and Elway was moving on.
                      And, it seemed to work as the first year, still with Manning, we won the SB. We had a very good defense and Wade did a fine job of it, but Fox was certainly part of building that team.
                      The next year, Kubiak didn't win the division and dropped to 3rd in the division.
                      I'm trying hard to not just rag on the guy, he did a fine job, but I think most would feel Fox contributed more to the Broncos. He inherited a mess and won and built (provided leadership to the coaches if you insist) a great team. Kubiak inherited a pretty good team. The team he inherited had won the AFC West 4 years in a row and had a HOF QB in Manning and some real talent on defense. Kubiak brought with him Wade Phillips, and that proved to be a really good move.
                      Kubiak won the SB in his first year. But the next year the team dropped and no sign of developing anything on offense.
                      I'm sure most here will stick with the friend of Elway as the guy they prefer, but if I had to choose between having Kubiak or Fox as head coach, I'd take Fox every time.
                      Now, in the real world I wouldn't pick either one as there are many choices which I think would be better.
                      I'm just glad we are moving on with a new staff.

Comment

• Chop_Block
                        Bench Warmer
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        My take, too.
                        So, you both believe the coaches don't really coach/teach? The GM gives them players and they are instantly a team capable of winning?
                        Keep thinking like that and you'll have Vance Joseph as your head coach forever, because, in your mind, it doesn't matter who coaches those players you bring in.
                        Sorry, I don't agree.

Comment

• broncolee
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
                          So, you both believe the coaches don't really coach/teach? The GM gives them players and they are instantly a team capable of winning?
                          Keep thinking like that and you'll have Vance Joseph as your head coach forever, because, in your mind, it doesn't matter who coaches those players you bring in.
                          Sorry, I don't agree.
                          Have to agree with this sentiment.

When it’s a coach people like, the give him credit.

When it’s someone they don’t like, he gets zero credit.

Either the coach matters or he doesn’t.

If he does, you fire VJ and hire Vic Fangio.

If he doesn’t matter, why is Mike Shanahan not still the coach for life in Denver?
                          Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• DavisMVP
                            Practice Squad
                            • Oct 2003

He no longer wanted to work for our classes GM. I use to be a huge fan of John Elway, but now i'm starting to see how he really is.

Comment

• broncolee
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
                              He no longer wanted to work for our classes GM. I use to be a huge fan of John Elway, but now i'm starting to see how he really is.
                              I don’t think classless is the way to describe him.

If this was about Kubiak wanting Dennison over Munchak, then good riddance to Gary. How do you not want the better coach on your staff?
                              Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• samparnell
                                Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
                                Sorry, I don't agree.
                                I feel capable of expressing myself without you putting words in my mouth.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X