Gary Kubiak will NOT be the offense coordinator...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronkko
    Practice Squad
    • Jan 2019

Comment

• montee2ball
      Bench Warmer
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by DBsince83 View Post
      Well I know it won't happen but sounds like the door opened right up to install Peyton Manning as our OC!!!
      Or better yet, let him get his feet wet in the FO. I trust his insight more than Matt Russell’s.

Comment

• Sophia23
        RIP #88
        • Sep 2012

I was bummed to read of Kubs and Broncos parting ways ... I would have liked to see him still involved as an executive, if not an OC....

Looking forward to next season, and seeing what we end up with our new HC in on so many decisions.
        sigpic
        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
        Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Rastic
          Modulated
          • Oct 2013

This kind of cuts both ways for me. For one it proves that Kubiak wasn't forced entirely on Fangio though the details of how that all worked are murky at best.

The problem though is how this was all handled and might as well be compared to the Colts - McD fiasco of last season: they reported / let reports leak that Kubiak was the OC before any important details were settled. Kind of a big deal if you ask me and leaves egg on the face of the FO.

As for Dennison being the point of contention? All I have to say is really? Is that the hill you fight and die on?

It might work out for the better, IMO. I love what Kubiak has done for the franchise but seeing someone come in not connected to 2016-2018's offenses or hamstrung (or even the perception thereof) by a FO connected assistant OC... well, it gives Fangio a clean slate and the next OC freedom.

The stakes are getting higher for Elway to deliver though.

Comment

• broncolee
            Football Immortal
            • Jan 2007

I think it’s good news that Kubiak won’t be the OC.

I don’t think he’s the answer on building a championship caliber offense.
            Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Greg Roman?
              Ravens just promoted him to OC today if I heard correctly

Comment

• Sam_Z
                Banned User
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                I think it’s good news that Kubiak won’t be the OC.

I don’t think he’s the answer on building a championship caliber offense.
                Agreed! I love kubes but this is a good thing!

Comment

• gtown53
                  All-Pro
                  • Apr 2008

"Rapoport believes Kubiak will remain with the Broncos; he’s been a senior personnel advisor for the last two years."

I don't think anyone on this Board knows for sure, but it's my theory that the reason we had a good Draft last year was because of a Kubiak influence. So, I'd hate to see him leave the Broncos, and we go back to the absolutely pathetic Drafts of all the previous years. With that being said, Kubiak's offense during the Superbowl season of 3 years ago was unimpressive, to say the least. Manning gutted out some wins for us in the Playoffs, and that was great. And I don't know if Kubiak is stuck in the past, or if he truly understands all the "New Age" offenses and believes they won't succeed with the Broncos personnel. But, I'd rather not re-visit the past offense that Kubiak was using.

Should be interesting.

Comment

• samparnell
                    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DBsince83 View Post
                    Well I know it won't happen but sounds like the door opened right up to install Peyton Manning as our OC!!!
                    I don't think it's transferable.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• gtown53
                      All-Pro
                      • Apr 2008

I can't help but be a little amused that John Lynch just went out of his way to stick it to the Broncos by refusing to let us interview Scarangello for the OC position. And that came AFTER the Broncos nixed Kubiak.

Didn't Lynch hire an Assistant or two from the Broncos when he became the 49ers GM?

Comment

• Orangecrush21
                        Practice Squad
                        • Apr 2016

I'm not sure what to think of this. On one hand, I like Kubes style of offense and think it would greatly improve Keenum and go great with our run game. On the other hand, Dennison was awful and I'm glad he wont be back

Comment

• Jonny_Quest
                          Playmaker
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                          I very much doubt thr Steelers let him leave for an OL coach job. I don't even think they would allow him to leave to be an OC either. He's very well regarded in Pittsburgh and they don't want to lose him.
                          The Steelers are a very classy org.

I don't think they're going to deny someone for wanting to relocate to be near family.

Comment

• Orangecrush21
                            Practice Squad
                            • Apr 2016

I haven't seen very much talk about the Rams QB coach as our OC. What's the deal with that?

Comment

• gerontion
                              Playmaker
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
                              I haven't seen very much talk about the Rams QB coach as our OC. What's the deal with that?
                              The word is the Bengals are interested in making him their HC.

Comment

• AZBobalu
                                Playmaker
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                                The Steelers are a very classy org.

I don't think they're going to deny someone for wanting to relocate to be near family.
                                His contract is expired. I'm pretty sure that he can talk to anyone unless Pitt extends him.

Comment

Working...
                                X