Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    I very much doubt thr Steelers let him leave for an OL coach job. I don't even think they would allow him to leave to be an OC either. He's very well regarded in Pittsburgh and they don't want to lose him.
    His contract is up, he is free to sign where he pleases

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Are there any actual reports of Dennison being the hang up here ? Or is this just fan/media speculation ? Surely when Elway and Kubiak were talking all year long about his potential return, the staff that would accompany him was also discussed ? Maybe this is just Vic Fangio not wanting Kubiak as his offensive coordinator.
    Like I said in the beginning..why do you want to hire your potential replacement? Dude would be looking over his shoulder the whole time.This is why I donít trust Elway fully. Hire the coach and let him pick his people. We all love Kubs but weird situation for Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    He doesnít have a contract with them right now. If money is equal heíd probably choose Denver based on his family being in Denver.
    Thanks. I didn't know his contract had run out.

Really???? The train wreck just went over the cliff...... Lord people get this crap straightened out..... Is there not enough distractions as it is with the ownership issues? So, who does a DC who is a HC hire to be OC?

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    As much as I wish Kubes was coming back, I’m okay with Elway standing firm on no Dennison. He is the one piece to Kubes staff that holds his teams back.
    True story, and I've been telling it for days. Gary is so much better in a pure OC role without Rick in the mix. It's too bad this was a sticking point.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Adam Schefter reported that this was 100% not Fangio's call, and Les Shapiro is reporting that the hang up was that Kubiak wanted to bring in his old assistants and Elway said no.
    Fair enough but that doesnít make sense. I seriously doubt they didnít discuss personnel...Maybe Kubiak got a HC offer?

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Are there any actual reports of Dennison being the hang up here ? Or is this just fan/media speculation ? Surely when Elway and Kubiak were talking all year long about his potential return, the staff that would accompany him was also discussed ? Maybe this is just Vic Fangio not wanting Kubiak as his offensive coordinator.
    If anything, that's where I'm leaning. I thought Kubiak's role would be determined after the hire. Maybe he wasn't interested in the vision Fangio had for him. If that's the case, good for Fangio. VJ was a yes man from jump street and it landed him in trouble immediately. Hopefully this is Fangio asserting his role as HEAD COACH.

Well the good news is, based on his press conference, Idt Fangio is going to bring in some clown who wants to throw the ball 50 times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    If anything, that's where I'm leaning. I thought Kubiak's role would be determined after the hire. Maybe he wasn't interested in the vision Fangio had for him. If that's the case, good for Fangio. VJ was a yes man from jump street and it landed him in trouble immediately. Hopefully this is Fangio asserting his role as HEAD COACH.
    Hopefully he knows what the hell he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Really???? The train wreck just went over the cliff...... Lord people get this crap straightened out..... Is there not enough distractions as it is with the ownership issues? So, who does a DC who is a HC hire to be OC?
    Train wreck? This is fantastic news!

Some hot shot OC to dial up the focus on offense and to build a modern scheme around their to-be-named rookie QB

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Whatever offense have him the most trouble and hire a guru that runs that style!

If any good news is coming from this is the fact that Keenum is out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Proof?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Train wreck? This is fantastic news!

Some hot shot OC to dial up the focus on offense and to build a modern scheme around their to-be-named rookie QB
    It's better to think this way. But Kubiak is a huge loss to the organisation as a whole. Maybe he should have stayed at personnel?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I was just thinking that, Vic probably wants him out and Kubiak was probably saying he wants to keep him???

The only thing that I feel bad about here is there were a few teams that wanted to interview Kubiak for some OC roles and he was denied

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco