Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Itíd be great to get Mike McDaniel the run game coordinator from the 49ers to be the OC with Denver. Kyle Shanahan has denied a couple teams to interview him for an OC job though.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlands View Post
    Why not offer Munchak the OC position? Going from O line coach to O line coach seems a bit lateral?
    Not to speak for him but seems like itís what he wants to do. He went from being a head coach to right back to OL coach itís his comfort zone in teaching his skill rather than calling plays and run an offense.

Not sure though, just how it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlands View Post
    Why not offer Munchak the OC position? Going from O line coach to O line coach seems a bit lateral?
    He has no experience as an OC. If he's willing to be an O-line coach (he is, his daughter lives here, he'd be close to her) then why offer him a position he isn't qualified for. Doesn't matter if it's lateral or not. He's not under contract with the Steelers and if we offer him similar money, he'll have the added benefit of family.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    In his press conference he stressed playbook balance, and not just run/pass balance. So, he probably wants an innovative mind, who doesn't go pass happy with a nonsense QB like we did this year.
    Got it. Just still wish Kubiak would have a hand on the offensive side if even not as OC.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Seems like Elway has a habit of burning bridges but this is one divorce that was inevitable. Especially after giving Gary so much power however he still wanted to go with his old staff in Brian Pariani and Rick Dennison!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Train wreck? This is fantastic news!

Some hot shot OC to dial up the focus on offense and to build a modern scheme around their to-be-named rookie QB
    No doubt whatsoever...Drew Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Oh c'mon now, this is the most optimistic I've been in months! Looking to go in a more progressive offensive direction and trying to add Munchak to coach OL is the best news we've had in a while
    Lol. Well I can't help it if my opinion may ruin your optimism. 😅😅
    Now, if Keenum is gone, that's the best damn news I have heard 2 years about this team!!!! Happy dance!!!!!

Geez, I'll be glued to my laptop tonight!
    Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

I respect Kubiak. The decision is probably for the best. I didnít like the idea of Kubiak as OC - not because he wouldnít be a good OC. What would have happened down the road if the offense continued struggling - would Fangio be allowed to address the issue? Elway made the right decision IMO. Moving forward instead of going back to the past.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 01-11-2019 at 03:17 PM.

What I thought before with Kubiak heís never (as far as I know) had to develop a rookie QB and in that style offense itís set up to fail a young QB.

Rookie QBs are looking better now because OCs build their offenses around their young QBs to make them successful (and easy) by not making it a huge transition from college to the NFL.

I love Kubiak, but his offense would have had a young QB set up to fail. It would have been a veteran QB for a while in here.

This shows me that there will be a rookie QB in here next year hopefully Kubiak is still around in the front office though because there needs to be another draft like we had last year to be able to get back to competing.

Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    No doubt whatsoever...Drew Lock.
    That is no guarantee now, if the new OC likes other kids that will fit his offense better....

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    What I thought before with Kubiak heís never (as far as I know) had to develop a rookie QB and in that style offense itís set up to fail a young QB.

Rookie QBs are looking better now because OCs build their offenses around their young QBs to make them successful (and easy) by not making it a huge transition from college to the NFL.

I love Kubiak, but his offense would have had a young QB set up to fail. It would have been a veteran QB for a while in here.

This shows me that there will be a rookie QB in here next year hopefully Kubiak is still around in the front office though because there needs to be another draft like we had last year to be able to get back to competing.
    That RPO offense can pose some serious fits for an offense, just look what the jets did to us however Gary just couldnít see himself coaching without Dennison and Pariani!

However I agree with you about that system destroying a young QB but all that does is make Sam Darnold look like a very brilliant young guy.

We need an offense that will give D coordinators around the league fits to deal with and Vic knows better than anyone who could do such a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    What I thought before with Kubiak he’s never (as far as I know) had to develop a rookie QB and in that style offense it’s set up to fail a young QB.

Griese then Lynch in Denver. In Houston, Keenum. Some things about that offense are very helpful to rookies, like the scripted plays, playing under center and a committed rushing attack can also take the pressure off.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Vic Fangio should be able to hire his own staff to his liking. That is what the HC is supposed to do. Elway has a bad record for firing coaches but seems to me that he is making all the bad decisions.