Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    That would be so awesome.

Disappointed about Kubes. Obviously loyal to a fault if hes dying in the Rick Dennison hill.
    If Kubes is dying on the Dennison hill, then Im ok with him leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    No. Because that was clearly the intent. It sounds like Dennison was the hang up, and that Kubiak wanted him here but Elway didn't.
    As much as I wish Kubes was coming back, Im okay with Elway standing firm on no Dennison. He is the one piece to Kubes staff that holds his teams back.

Gary started his 24th season as a Bronco, this's unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Uh, my love of the Fangio hire just took a hit.

Whatever happened to the report that part of the reason Fangio was hired was because Fangio agreed to work with Kubiak having a say in the offense...?
    Kubiak wanted his old buddies back, their offense is so stale and bland. This is probably more an Elway move, he didnt want those guys back in Dove Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Uh, my love of the Fangio hire just took a hit.

Whatever happened to the report that part of the reason Fangio was hired was because Fangio agreed to work with Kubiak having a say in the offense...?

Yeah somehow I just knew my happiness about our new HC would be followed with some sort of disappointment and/or drama.

I hope Kubiak remains on board in some capacity...especially offensively.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Very glad the team is looking to go in a different direction offensively.

Apparantly they clashed on the idea of dennison as well as Kubiak's pitch for how he'd run the offense.

I bet Kubiak had lots to say about Keenum, and making him the centerpiece, to rei state his old small/athletic OL, bring back the old school playcalling, while Fangio and Elway were not fans of any of that.

Sign up Munchie boy for the OL, bring on a hot shot OC, draft a rookie QB and I'm pumped!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Good move by Elway then.

Dennison no es bueno.
    I like Kubiak but if this is true how did he expect the Broncos to just accept Dennison? After all our offensive struggles this season that was never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Vic is picking his staff.
    No I think Gary wanted to bring Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani back! Elway wasnt havin that

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Great news, I didn't want Gary involved offensively here, and I didn't want him bringing back some of the coaches he often works with, great news. I also like that Fangio is having a say on his staff, Elway didn't just hire a yes man and I like that a lot, especially after the Vance situation. I would of loved Gary around in the front office if he was in fact the reason we finally had a decent draft last year, but who knows how much input he actually had.
    Fangio should hire his own people. 110% agreed there. Elway really scares me. Id prefer someone else calling the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    No I think Gary wanted to bring Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani back! Elway wasnt havin that
    Interesting....where did you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Klis saying that ........."Broncos hope to bring in Mike Munchak. I can report hope is Munchak as O-line coach, not O-coordinator. He does have family here".........

Not sure I would want Munchak as coordinator having never done that before
    I very much doubt thr Steelers let him leave for an OL coach job. I don't even think they would allow him to leave to be an OC either. He's very well regarded in Pittsburgh and they don't want to lose him.

Who better to bring in an OC than Fangio... whos had to defend any type of offense and against a lot of OCs over 19 years.

He knows what style of offense is tough to defend against and hell hire someone that runs it.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    I very much doubt thr Steelers let him leave for an OL coach job. I don't even think they would allow him to leave to be an OC either. He's very well regarded in Pittsburgh and they don't want to lose him.
    He doesnt have a contract with them right now. If money is equal hed probably choose Denver based on his family being in Denver.

Are there any actual reports of Dennison being the hang up here ? Or is this just fan/media speculation ? Surely when Elway and Kubiak were talking all year long about his potential return, the staff that would accompany him was also discussed ? Maybe this is just Vic Fangio not wanting Kubiak as his offensive coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Are there any actual reports of Dennison being the hang up here ? Or is this just fan/media speculation ? Surely when Elway and Kubiak were talking all year long about his potential return, the staff that would accompany him was also discussed ? Maybe this is just Vic Fangio not wanting Kubiak as his offensive coordinator.
    Adam Schefter reported that this was 100% not Fangio's call, and Les Shapiro is reporting that the hang up was that Kubiak wanted to bring in his old assistants and Elway said no.