Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 512
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,043
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    i don't think it is much about ben at all & that is just a cover what is really going on...

    first it was bell & now brown wanting out with both instances being about guaranteed money & that is because the steelers do their contracts different than a lot of teams in the fact that they don't offer up a ton of guaranteed money
    I can see Rosenhaus concocting this whole thing, and AB being sociopathic enough to go through with it. lol. Wouldn't surprise me.

  2. #497
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,746
    I think that Ben has been a bit toxic as well (based on past events...in which he was disciplined by the league). And based on what has transpired under the Steelers' roof, one can understand the trainwreck that 2018 was....not because of one WR. So I give AB some room, given the personalities involved. If a Raiders fan, one that is well respected here, is good with the deal, it adds some credibility to my own assessment.

    AB has some baggage no doubt, but he is not the only person in that organization that has had issues of some sort. Losing 2 super stars in one season, the way they lost them, makes me wonder if the place is in some mini chaotic state. And Big Ben has a big voice in the room, and may be causing some of the current problem. Just my guess....though I can not verify it.

    My basic point, toxic behaviour is unwelcome, but I do not think it all on AB's shoulders. Now, if he's done worse things (which I am not aware of), and he has been a thorn throughout his career, then I stand corrected. There is "occasional pain in the butt" level, but then there is "unwelcome" level, and I guess so far I just see him as more of the former than the latter.

    Oh well....AB's on to Oakland, and at least some of them are happy about it. And at least some experts I read think it a good situation.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-10-2019 at 05:14 PM.

  3. #498
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,746
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    The Raiders gave up a receiver who, frankly, dropped the ball a lot while there. He seemed to improve a bunch after the trade imo. In return they got 1 of if not the best receiver in game to play for them and show the younger guys how to play the position. So they got one of the best WRs in the game filling a big need that they won't have to in the draft and picked up and extra # 1 to go with him. I think this along was a great move for the Raiders. I also think this will instantly help Carr if he is still the qb. I can only hope that he blows up the locker room on the Raiders.
    Sounds good to me!

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,746
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    In the last four years he was ranked in the top 10 by his peers. He was ranked top 3 in the last three years.

    He was the highest ranked receiver and #2 overall ranked player last year.

    He's had six straight 100 catch 1000 yard seasons.

    He turns 31 in July. Players don't automatically decline in their early 30s.

    Anyone who thinks the Raiders got worse just because of future hypothetical tantrums is a fool. We got better at wide receiver, better than with Cooper who dropped a lot of passes and only started trying when he went to Dallas.

    Doesn't solve every problem but it solves one. And with regards to the salary, Amari Cooper will probably get more. Plus, Antonio wanted to be the highest paid receiver but he accepted being second to Odell.

    This was a win.
    Hey DS....has anyone in Oakland talked about the possibility of acquiring Bell too???? I mean, that seems extremely unlikely, but I read something about it the other day, and was wondering if it has any merit.

    I see him going to NYJ, Indy or Philly...but who knows?



    OMG....just hit me. The Raiders will also sign Bell, then go get Murray, followed by the 2 best defensive players on the board ( likely an Edge Rusher and CB), followed with an Oliner or Dliner….and suddenly they become legit overnight!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-10-2019 at 06:51 PM.

  5. #500
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,448
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey DS....has anyone in Oakland talked about the possibility of acquiring Bell too???? I mean, that seems extremely unlikely, but I read something about it the other day, and was wondering if it has any merit.

    I see him going to NYJ, Indy or Philly...but who knows?
    I see the Raiders going strong for him but being outbid by the Jets. I'm fine with that, I don't think Bell will excel in Oak Vegas because our o-line coach is Tom Cable, who is so bad that he's a better head coach than o-line coach.

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,746
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I see the Raiders going strong for him but being outbid by the Jets. I'm fine with that, I don't think Bell will excel in Oak Vegas because our o-line coach is Tom Cable, who is so bad that he's a better head coach than o-line coach.
    Just thinking ahead....with an already proven NHL team, Vegas will be pretty much a total entertainment center when they add The NFL as well. I suppose The NBA will be approaching soon.

  7. #502
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,448
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I was going to ask you, or some others about the trade, given you have more skin in this game. And I was going to ask how Raiders' fans are receiving the news. You clearly like the deal. And I have stated that, although I am not a super fan of AB, I also think that until last year, most fans would love to have him on their team.

    But last year was, as I mentioned, a trainwreck in Pittsburgh. I mean, two of your very best players not too excited about their situations, Two all star types. And to be honest, a coach, who I still like, seemingly less easy to support.

    And what about this Ben dude? Based on past situations, I do not care for Ben. I'll leave it there.

    So folks can like or dislike anyone they so choose. I am not a Ben fan...though I was years ago. I do not care for AB's antics, but I do not see him as "dislikable" as many others. And most of this, in my books, was a last year thing. When not only one of the very best WRs we've seen of late, along with one of the very best RBs we've seen of late, had issues with their "same" organization.

    In the end, based on AB's obvious skillset, his on the field production, his practice freak nature, and yes, his desire to help young players....I think The Raiders swung a good deal. Not a cheap one, but did not sell the draft capital farm to land him.
    Raiders fans are pretty excited about this, as I think any fan of an NFL team would be despite Brown's baggage. I don't follow the Steelers as much but it seems like the Brown and Bell feelings about the organization were not unique.

    Brown has arguably been the best wideout in the last 6 years, no worse than top 3. Now will he be that in the next 3? Probably not. For the money, I will settle for top 5. Nothing less.

    One thing that I hate to admit is that Pittsburgh isn't at a total loss and I wouldn't be surprised if JuJu outplays Brown these next three years. He's a special talent. Same goes for Connor outplaying LeVeon.

    Lost in all this is our new GM, Mike Maylock, is being praised by Drew Rosenhaus on driving a hard bargain and making this work so that the Raiders came off winning like they did.

    Call me crazy but I wouldn't be shocked if the Raiders tried hard to get Odell Beckham so that Gruden has his new Tim Brown and Jerry Rice. I doubt it will happen because the Giants have leverage that the Steelers don't, and it's too much money to put on one part of a team, but I think Gruden would at least entertain it.

  8. #503
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,448
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Just thinking ahead....with an already proven NHL team, Vegas will be pretty much a total entertainment center when they add The NFL as well. I suppose The NBA will be approaching soon.
    Give them the Knicks. I'm tired of those bums. I should've NEVER dropped the Lakers for those losers lol.

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    15,704
    AB yelling at chucky because hes not getting the ball could be must see tv

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,746
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Give them the Knicks. I'm tired of those bums. I should've NEVER dropped the Lakers for those losers lol.
    You know what they say..."it's always a gamble"

  11. #506
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,571
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I think that Ben has been a bit toxic as well (based on past events...in which he was disciplined by the league). And based on what has transpired under the Steelers' roof, one can understand the trainwreck that 2018 was....not because of one WR. So I give AB some room, given the personalities involved. If a Raiders fan, one that is well respected here, is good with the deal, it adds some credibility to my own assessment.

    AB has some baggage no doubt, but he is not the only person in that organization that has had issues of some sort. Losing 2 super stars in one season, the way they lost them, makes me wonder if the place is in some mini chaotic state. And Big Ben has a big voice in the room, and may be causing some of the current problem. Just my guess....though I can not verify it.

    My basic point, toxic behaviour is unwelcome, but I do not think it all on AB's shoulders. Now, if he's done worse things (which I am not aware of), and he has been a thorn throughout his career, then I stand corrected. There is "occasional pain in the butt" level, but then there is "unwelcome" level, and I guess so far I just see him as more of the former than the latter.

    Oh well....AB's on to Oakland, and at least some of them are happy about it. And at least some experts I read think it a good situation.
    I agree. As much as a diva / me-first person AB is, that ENTIRE organizatino right now is a hot mess. And really, it starts with their franchise quraterback. Mike Tomlin lost control of that group.

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,410



    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

  13. #508
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,746
    The Raiders are going to be very competitive this year....with AB, Trent Brown, Ty Williams, Joyner....with FA still in motion. I keep referring back to it, but they have 4 very high draft picks, and if they score well, and Carr gets back some of his mojo, I expect us to be fighting hard to stay near the top of the division, maybe even for some time. I was all over Gruden earlier in the season, but now, with Mayock on board, it appears to be an organization moving forward.

  14. #509
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post



    Good start!

  15. #510
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    12,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post



    Lol Ihope this is a preview of things to come
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 03-14-2019 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Antonio brown

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •