Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Antonio Brown (Merged) - now a Raider - just kidding, he's not

According to Ian Rapoport, Denver will be one of the teams in play for Antonio Brown. Apparently price is a 2nd and possibly a 3rd round pick.

No way... a petulant child and too much money...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    No way... a petulant child and too much money...
    Plus if we go with a young offensive coordinator, whoís going to keep this guy in check! Whoís going to control the diva attitudes between he and sanders?

Fangio will be busy with defense, he doesnít have time to mess around with a couple of little divas!

Sounds like another Elway move!

Not a good idea

I just saw this on nfl.com heck no.

Broncos expected to make a run for Antonio Brown
    The Denver Broncos are apparently one team named that will be pursuing a trade for Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown.
    By Tim Lynch on January 12, 2019 11:56 am

The Denver Broncos are reportedly going to pursue a trade for Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown as noted by Ian Rapoport on NFL Game Day on Saturday. The asking price looks like a second-round pick.

Despite the late season implosion by Brown, he still found a way to snag 104 receptions for 1,297 yards and a whooping NFL-best 15 touchdowns in 2018. He has over 1,200 yards receiving in six-straight seasons with Pittsburgh.

Emmanuel Sanders commented on Brownís falling out with the Steelers soon after saying heíd welcome him in Denver with open arms.

The two pairing in Denver with Courtland Sutton would be interesting in 2019, but could the trade also signal an end of Emmanuelís tenure in Denver?

Sanders is working on rehab on an Achilleís injury that he may not even be ready to come back from by Week 1 of the regular season. He could end up being a cap casualty as the Broncos look to move through free agency and trades.

I would do it.

So far the responses are mostly negative. But one thing that I can not deny, he is a special player, and can break open games. The dude seems to make big plays whenever I watch him. Sure, there is a downside. But if we had a decent QB, and with our run and D game, this type of acquisition would likely be a plus in the short term.

Heck the dude had his most TDs ever (15) this year, 104 receptions and nearly 1,300 yards in 15 games.

Another thing....are The Steelers innocent bystanders in all the controversy this year??
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-12-2019 at 12:17 PM.

If we go after him and letís say grab Flacco, get some interior defense help with the first round pick, could we be a Super Bowl caliber team?

Quote Originally Posted by OurHouse View Post
    If we go after him and let’s say grab Flacco, get some interior defense help with the first round pick, could we be a Super Bowl caliber team?
    I think that if we had a decent QB, although I am not for Flacco, and as you say, add some interior D and another Oliner, I am pretty sure we'd make the playoffs. And from there.....good things can happen. Imagine Brown and those young WRs, who will improve next year, and the young studs at RB. Just need an arm of some sort to distribute the ball, on target. Heck, sign Fitz for a year, and draft a QB.

Something like this...trade for Brown, sign Mosley and Fitz. Draft a QB. Sign or draft an Oliner. Pending the deal, maybe we keep our 2nd (this year) for the Oliner. Short and long term success.
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-12-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I think that if we had a decent QB, although I am not for Flacco, and as you say, add some interior D and another Oliner, I am pretty sure we'd make the playoffs. And from there.....good things can happen. Imagine Brown and those young WRs, who will improve next year, and the your studs at RB. Just need an arm of some sort to distribute the ball, on target. Heck, sign Fitz for a year, and draft a QB.
    Dez Bryant will be on the market for peanuts. Kick his tires at camp...

Brown
    Bryant
    Sutton
    Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Dez Bryant will be on the market for peanuts. Kick his tires at camp...

Brown
    Bryant
    Sutton
    Sanders
    Holy cow.....this would be some kind of WR group!!! Just find an ordinary passer, another Oliner, and with the run game we have, we become explosive!!!

I like a little "crazy" now and again, and Elway can be the ambassador of crazy in my opinion!
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-12-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OurHouse View Post
    If we go after him and letís say grab Flacco, get some interior defense help with the first round pick, could we be a Super Bowl caliber team?
    Flacco's is done...no thanks...

I heard about this today. I don't like the guy. Who needs this kind of headache

HeMan Sanders already has some comments about it - negative ones

It's already a distraction

On the other hand ........ as good as Mahommes is- imagine if he didn't have Tyreek Hill

Do we keep Sanders? Almost seems like it's one or the other
    Last edited by dizzolve; 01-12-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I heard about this today. I don't like the guy. Who needs this kind of headache

HeMan Sanders already has some comments about it - negative ones

It's already a distraction

On the other hand ........ as good as Mahommes is- imagine if he didn't have Tyreek Hill

Do we keep Sanders? Almost seems like it's one or the other
    Self preservation by Sanders IMHO. He will be an aging receiver coming off an Achilles injury. Not a good proposition for Denver. Brown and Sutton make this offense better immediately. Sometimes the production is worth the headache. And maybe Fangio won’t be as forgiving as Tomlin. Who knows, but it’s definitely a deal I would explore.