• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OurHouse
    Practice Squad
    • Sep 2010

Antonio Brown (Merged) - now a Raider - just kidding, he's not

According to Ian Rapoport, Denver will be one of the teams in play for Antonio Brown. Apparently price is a 2nd and possibly a 3rd round pick.
  • EddieMac
    Canuck Mod, eh!
    • Feb 2004

No way... a petulant child and too much money...
    sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
      Banned User
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      No way... a petulant child and too much money...
      Plus if we go with a young offensive coordinator, who’s going to keep this guy in check! Who’s going to control the diva attitudes between he and sanders?

Fangio will be busy with defense, he doesn’t have time to mess around with a couple of little divas!

Sounds like another Elway move!

Comment

• Papa-pwn
        Captain
        • Aug 2008

Not a good idea

Comment

• $Broncos$
          Playmaker
          • Aug 2010

I just saw this on nfl.com heck no.

Comment

• Saddletramp
            Captain
            • Nov 2005

Broncos expected to make a run for Antonio Brown
            The Denver Broncos are apparently one team named that will be pursuing a trade for Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown.
            By Tim Lynch on January 12, 2019 11:56 am

The Denver Broncos are reportedly going to pursue a trade for Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown as noted by Ian Rapoport on NFL Game Day on Saturday. The asking price looks like a second-round pick.

Despite the late season implosion by Brown, he still found a way to snag 104 receptions for 1,297 yards and a whooping NFL-best 15 touchdowns in 2018. He has over 1,200 yards receiving in six-straight seasons with Pittsburgh.

Emmanuel Sanders commented on Brown’s falling out with the Steelers soon after saying he’d welcome him in Denver with open arms.

The two pairing in Denver with Courtland Sutton would be interesting in 2019, but could the trade also signal an end of Emmanuel’s tenure in Denver?

Sanders is working on rehab on an Achille’s injury that he may not even be ready to come back from by Week 1 of the regular season. He could end up being a cap casualty as the Broncos look to move through free agency and trades.
            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Bronco51
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2005

I would do it.

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

So far the responses are mostly negative. But one thing that I can not deny, he is a special player, and can break open games. The dude seems to make big plays whenever I watch him. Sure, there is a downside. But if we had a decent QB, and with our run and D game, this type of acquisition would likely be a plus in the short term.

Heck the dude had his most TDs ever (15) this year, 104 receptions and nearly 1,300 yards in 15 games.

Another thing....are The Steelers innocent bystanders in all the controversy this year??
                Last edited by CanDB; 01-12-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• OurHouse
                  Practice Squad
                  • Sep 2010

If we go after him and let’s say grab Flacco, get some interior defense help with the first round pick, could we be a Super Bowl caliber team?

Comment

• dizzolve
                    Orange Rush
                    • Mar 2009

I heard about this today. I don't like the guy. Who needs this kind of headache

HeMan Sanders already has some comments about it - negative ones

It's already a distraction

On the other hand ........ as good as Mahommes is- imagine if he didn't have Tyreek Hill

Do we keep Sanders? Almost seems like it's one or the other
                    Last edited by dizzolve; 01-12-2019, 11:22 AM.
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Bronco51
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                      I heard about this today. I don't like the guy. Who needs this kind of headache

HeMan Sanders already has some comments about it - negative ones

It's already a distraction

On the other hand ........ as good as Mahommes is- imagine if he didn't have Tyreek Hill

Do we keep Sanders? Almost seems like it's one or the other
                      Self preservation by Sanders IMHO. He will be an aging receiver coming off an Achilles injury. Not a good proposition for Denver. Brown and Sutton make this offense better immediately. Sometimes the production is worth the headache. And maybe Fangio won’t be as forgiving as Tomlin. Who knows, but it’s definitely a deal I would explore.

Comment

• dizzolve
                        Orange Rush
                        • Mar 2009

Looks like Elway's on a mission again

Maybe by bringing in a receiver like that- you can create desire by a QB ....... or other free agents. Get that ball rolling again

Comment

• ELWAY421
                          Football Immortal
                          • Dec 2007

Pipe dream. Ian was clearly grasping for straws lol.

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                            Football Immortal
                            • Dec 2012

His cap hit for 2019 is 22.165M ... I am not sure all that would have to be on the Broncos, not sure how that works, his contract with restructuring and bonus' looks complicated. At the least the Steelers have pretty good reason to trade that cap hit. Over 21M dead cap too.
                            I don't think it is realistic, even if a lot of the contract doesn't come with him he still has a base of 12.6M.
                            sigpic

Comment

• dizzolve
                              Orange Rush
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                              Pipe dream. Ian was clearly grasping for straws lol.
                              It was somewhat of an afterthought of a report

Maybe they had actual words about it with PITT since they're working on Munchak

Comment

Working...
                              X