Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Everyone is so worried about character, I guess Iím the only one worried about winning games. Weíve had plenty of players in the past with character issues, hell the super bowl team was full of them. Some of you act like you have to take them to dinner or something. Tell me a Super Bowl team that didnít have personalities and bad character guys.

Iíll promise you right now, heís no more of a cocky, locker room cancer than CHJ and Harris couldnít hold ABís jock. He makes the team better, bring him in.

I am 100% on the fence with this one. Some pretty compelling arguments both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    Everyone is so worried about character, I guess Iím the only one worried about winning games. Weíve had plenty of players in the past with character issues, hell the super bowl team was full of them. Some of you act like you have to take them to dinner or something. Tell me a Super Bowl team that didnít have personalities and bad character guys.

Iíll promise you right now, heís no more of a cocky, locker room cancer than CHJ and Harris couldnít hold ABís jock. He makes the team better, bring him in.
    The Steelers have a future Hall of Fame quarterback, one of the best offensive lines and talented skill players. With all the talent including AB they failed to win enough games to make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The Steelers have a future Hall of Fame quarterback, one of the best offensive lines and talented skill players. With all the talent including AB they failed to win enough games to make the playoffs.
    So you're saying defense matters??? Something Denver will have

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Yeah but all the discontent in the Steelers locker room may of had something to do with that. Regardless of how much talent you have on a team if they don't get along and there isn't a least a small amount of harmony within the rank and file you are not gonna win games.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    So you're saying defense matters??? Something Denver will have
    The Steelers were #6 in yards allowed per game and #16 in points allowed with 22.5. I would think the Steelers could win more games with a solid defense and all the talent on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Yeah but all the discontent in the Steelers locker room may of had something to do with that. Regardless of how much talent you have on a team if they don't get along and there isn't a least a small amount of harmony within the rank and file you are not gonna win games.
    Exactly right. You can have a lot of talent however everyone has to work toward the goal. I would guess AB isnít the only one responsible for the issues but he hasnít helped.

The threat of AB alone makes Denverís offense better. If all it really takes is a 2nd rounder, sign me up. I highly doubt ANYBODY they draft in the 2nd round would be an all pro elite player next season. AB is and will be. IMHO

Iím not sure I like the idea of trading away draft picks we may use to move up for a QB. Is AB really worth waiting on a QB for?

Quote Originally Posted by chessic View Post
    Iím not sure I like the idea of trading away draft picks we may use to move up for a QB. Is AB really worth waiting on a QB for?
    NO HE IS NOT. At least not a 1st or even a 2nd round IMO. A couple 3rd round or 4th rnds... Yeah.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-13-2019 at 09:26 AM.

I don't know guys.

Looking at the positive - In order to get Brown, we'd have to cut and eat some of Sanders' current contract (who knows how he'll respond after tearing his Achilles and because of his age) - which should be a wash from a financial situation but an upgrade from a performance standpoint.

His salary isn't horrible: 2019: $15 million (including bonuses), 2020: $11.3 million, 2021: $12.5 million.

But I don't know if it's worth it for us - as the Broncos - to give up a first or even second round pick for a guy who quite possibly could trend down from a performance standpoint. He'll be 31 next summer which isn't ancient by any means, but it could be the near end of his prime.

If we were a serious contender with a top quarterback who could make all the passes - then I could argue giving up a first round to second round pick would, but lets be honest we are not.

We need to build the team through the draft and fill the depth (hopefully we can score again through the draft like last year). We need those early picks to draft young players who can help solidify this team as rookie, and for many future years.

I say nah... Pass on this one.

In 2018 Antonio Brown ranked 58th with 12.5 yards per catch for WR/TE. Keep in mind thatís with a future HoF quarterback and one of the best offensive lines. Courtland Sutton ranked 5th with 16.8 yards per catch with one of the worst quarterbacks and an average makeshift line. Sutton was a rookie and should improve with more experience and coaching. The Broncos need a better quarterback and strengthen the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    I don't know guys.

Looking at the positive - In order to get Brown, we'd have to cut and eat some of Sanders' current contract (who knows how he'll respond after tearing his Achilles and because of his age) - which should be a wash from a financial situation but an upgrade from a performance standpoint.

His salary isn't horrible: 2019: $15 million (including bonuses), 2020: $11.3 million, 2021: $12.5 million.

But I don't know if it's worth it for us - as the Broncos - to give up a first or even second round pick for a guy who quite possibly could trend down from a performance standpoint. He'll be 31 next summer which isn't ancient by any means, but it could be the near end of his prime.

If we were a serious contender with a top quarterback who could make all the passes - then I could argue giving up a first round to second round pick would, but lets be honest we are not.

We need to build the team through the draft and fill the depth (hopefully we can score again through the draft like last year). We need those early picks to draft young players who can help solidify this team as rookie, and for many future years.

I say nah... Pass on this one.
    Well said. The Broncos are in a good position with cap space to sign quality free agents. I prefer to spend the cap on a Safety and or ILB (if not the draft). I think getting a guy like AB is like getting new furniture for your home when youíve got cracks in the foundation or bad plumbing.

In 2018 Antonio Brown ranked 58th with 12.5 yards per catch for WR/TE. Keep in mind thatís with a future HoF quarterback and one of the best offensive lines. Courtland Sutton ranked 5th with 16.8 yards per catch with one of the worst quarterbacks and an average makeshift line. Sutton was a rookie and should improve with more experience and coaching. The Broncos need a better quarterback and strengthen the line.
    Yeah, picking the one stat heís better than AB isnít much of an argument. I would like a guy with twice the yards as Sutton, and twice the yards per game, and averages a TD per game. Sutton isnít anywhere near ABís league yet.

AB is a luxury piece for a team looking to get over the hump (like the colts) and an older one at that. By the time we are ready to compete again he could very well be on the decline.
    He might not even be a top 10 Wr without a hall of fame Qb throwing him the ball.

Maybe, if we could trade Sanders and a 3rd it would be worth it but otherwise I'd prefer to keep our capital to continue to rebuild and grow the young guys