Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Jason La Canfora

@JasonLaCanfora
    Brown was unwilling to go to Buffalo, period. Wasnt even a matter of money at that point. So the deal fell through. Steelers and Bills had stopped talking and both sides had moved on. Market for Brown is pretty bleak right now

I hope we are totally off the radar for this guy.....
    Brown is such a diva. I'm glad there's no interest by our team for that. I'm sure Bills fans are just as relieved.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Who made who ? I hope you are joking with that ? Big Ben had more success in the NFL prior to Brown ever stepping foot on a practice field in Pennsylvania, you can't be serious with this statement ?
    I'm gonna say it again. Big ben has alway had talent around him. I'm by no means saying big ben sucks. That 1st SB was betis and the def. And I'm talking about since brown been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Whether it's fair or not Roethlisberger never quit on his team, which Brown can't say. Roethlisberger also has helped the Steelers to 2 Super Bowl wins and they've played in 3 Super Bowls with him. Brown played a minor part in one Super Bowl appearance.

Roethlisberger has built up a lot of goodwill, Brown has torched all of his.

As for him wanting to be released, the Steelers can actually just hang onto him and not do anything. Let the offseason play out. When training camp shows up if he doesn't show up he faces fines. Regular season shows up and he still hasn't reported, now he's not getting paid. If he does show up, he's suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. They're actually being a lot more fair to Brown than they have to be.
    It's about respect. None of us is in that locker room. Dont try to make ben out to be a saint bc he is far from it. And they can pay the bonus and keep him and when ben sucks all the drama will come with questions from the media. Just like with bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Juju will be great as a no. 1 I think the reason Ben is always surrounded by talent is because he makes good guys look great. Also, they very well could pay him all that money to sit around because they have to pay him most of it regardless
    Ben makes wr look great? Ok.

Ben is a good QB, He has some good stats.
    He is a tough QB who plays through injuries for the most part.

Jason La Canfora

@JasonLaCanfora
    Brown was unwilling to go to Buffalo, period. Wasnt even a matter of money at that point. So the deal fell through. Steelers and Bills had stopped talking and both sides had moved on. Market for Brown is pretty bleak right now.
    Jim Kelly said the same thing, then everything changed when he got there. Same with Shawn Merriman.

I'm tired of the Brown saga now. If he goes to Oakland.Vegas, great. If he doesn't, that's cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    It's about respect. None of us is in that locker room. Dont try to make ben out to be a saint bc he is far from it. And they can pay the bonus and keep him and when ben sucks all the drama will come with questions from the media. Just like with bell.
    He's hardly a saint, but he never quit on his team, Brown did. Roethlisberger has won Super Bowls. Brown has great regular season stats. There's also the matter of Brown's former teammate calling him selfish and one of the worst teammates he'd been around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Ben makes wr look great? Ok.

A lot of receivers had posted fantastic numbers with Roethlisberger. I don't think he makes the receivers what they are, but his performance raises their performances. I'm not sure Brown comes anywhere near those numbers playing with a worse QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    A lot of receivers had posted fantastic numbers with Roethlisberger. I don't think he makes the receivers what they are, but his performance raises their performances. I'm not sure Brown comes anywhere near those numbers playing with a worse QB.
    Roethlisberger has played hard and throug( injuries, putting his team before his body,,, his never quit style has helped and hurt his team over the years. ( live Favre)

Brown, has gone full me first, much like bell. All about the money... roesthlisberger has taken pay cuts

Is Roesthleberger a “ good guy”. No, has he called out team mates ? Yes...

He shows up for games and plays.,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Roethlisberger has played hard and throug( injuries, putting his team before his body,,, his never quit style has helped and hurt his team over the years. ( live Favre)

Brown, has gone full me first, much like bell. All about the money... roesthlisberger has taken pay cuts

Is Roesthleberger a “ good guy”. No, has he called out team mates ? Yes...

He shows up for games and plays.,
    While he’s never quit on his team, he’s def threaten to quit in the offseason when things didn’t go his way a couple times. But yea, nothing compared to AB

ESPN Radio reporting Brown to Raiders. Compensation is unknown but Brown got a raise as part of the deal.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Gave up a 3rd and a 5th. Brown goes from 0 guaranteed to over $30 mil guaranteed.

Top 5 receiver, maybe top 2. Still keep our first four picks.

I'm not mad. Cautiously optimistic.

His blonde stache + Vegas though...

Wouldn’t have minded Denver giving up that much for AB. Now we have to see him twice a year. Ugh.

Smart move by the Raiders, on multiple fronts. They add a legit talent to make up for the culling of other legit talent on the team, all while keeping the top compensation they received for doing so. I wouldn't call Brown a top 2 receiver personally, maybe borderline top 5, but none the less he is an elite talent. I wonder if Derek Carr will be more willing to open things up and take some shots down the field now ? No doubt a great football move, and if the Raiders feed him the ball, I am sure he will be happy regardless of the results in the win/loss column, the Raiders are a ways away, but I see this situation having a good chance of working out.

I guess the Steelers really didn’t want to pay the roster bonus or whatever it was that was coming up. They should have held out until the draft at least.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!