Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 592
  1. #406
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,148
    Antonio Brown is talented, but I'm sure by the end of the year if the Raiders aren't winning games he'll create a toxic environment that will be impressionable on the young and developing team in Las Vegas. Yiadom did a fairly good job shutting him down last season when all our CBs were on IR, so him being on the Raiders doesn't worry me too much.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  2. #407
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,148
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Smart move by the Raiders, on multiple fronts. They add a legit talent to make up for the culling of other legit talent on the team, all while keeping the top compensation they received for doing so. I wouldn't call Brown a top 2 receiver personally, maybe borderline top 5, but none the less he is an elite talent. I wonder if Derek Carr will be more willing to open things up and take some shots down the field now ? No doubt a great football move, and if the Raiders feed him the ball, I am sure he will be happy regardless of the results in the win/loss column, the Raiders are a ways away, but I see this situation having a good chance of working out.
    Paying a WR 18 million over 3 years is not a smart move, nor having 30 million guaranteed in the contract. He's a player that is talented, but not worth that much. Right now the Raiders are still rebuilding, so he'll have to learn what it's like not always having the QB protected and feeding him or Ju-ju the ball.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  3. #408
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,364
    Raiders did good on this one, some will disagree. Added a top 3 WR while still keeping their 1st round picks. Add a RB, TE and some help on D, they might be in good shape.

    It definitely seems like the rest of the division is moving in a positive direction while we are moving negatively.

  4. #409
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,715
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Paying a WR 18 million over 3 years is not a smart move, nor having 30 million guaranteed in the contract. He's a player that is talented, but not worth that much. Right now the Raiders are still rebuilding, so he'll have to learn what it's like not always having the QB protected and feeding him or Ju-ju the ball.
    Hes not worth it to you. His production says otherwise. Yet to be seen how he will be with the raiders.

  5. #410
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,715
    This is crazy we we dont have any explosive player on offense. But every other team in our. If the raiders he some of their holes filled on def and draft Metcalf at 4 to put him ab. Along with 2 more 1st rounders. Cant wait for us to get a new gm with an open mind to the new NFL and not the NFL of the 90s.

  6. #411
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,622
    The cap people! Denver doesnít have the cap space for AB if they want to fix the whole team. Yes the draft picks were low for a top WR but itís def still not worth it.

  7. #412
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,009
    Why not just keep Cooper??

  8. #413
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    The cap people! Denver doesn’t have the cap space for AB if they want to fix the whole team. Yes the draft picks were low for a top WR but it’s def still not worth it.
    I'm not saying get AB by any means. What I'm saying is how other teams around us are getting playmakers and we dont have any at all on offense. And only two making DEs and def. Crazy I preparing myself for yet 3 straight seasons with to 10 picks.

  9. #414
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I'm not saying get AB by any means. What I'm saying is how other teams around us are getting playmakers and we dont have any at all on offense. And only two making DEs and def. Crazy I preparing myself for yet 3 straight seasons with to 10 picks.
    Yea def see your point. I think our offseason will be more impactful with pickup. I truly believe Denver signs Callahan and Amos while drafting White. That would be a hugeee upgrade to this D.
    Offense does worry me a little too but Flacco has dealt with a lack luster offense through many years in Balt. Take away an aged Smith and Boldin he never really had much talent. If Denver can find a RT and sign WR Humpries we will be a very good team. This is also assuming Sanders cancome back healthy like last year.

  10. #415
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Why not just keep Cooper??
    IMO cooper is not as good. Raiders got Antonio brown and a 1st and gave up Cooper and 3rd.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

  11. #416
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,217
    What's so amazing/ mind boggeling about this whole situation is that with this comment there are 415 total comments about Antonio Brown being traded from the Steelers.... and while he is fairly talented he isn't all that and a bag of chips.. His mouth is why nobody wants him. He is a problem child in the locker room. And with everything the Broncos have going on with what could be considered a complete rebuild do we really need any discontent from a loud mouth diva like AB?
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

  12. #417
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    What's so amazing/ mind boggeling about this whole situation is that with this comment there are 415 total comments about Antonio Brown being traded from the Steelers.... and while he is fairly talented he isn't all that and a bag of chips.. His mouth is why nobody wants him. He is a problem child in the locker room. And with everything the Broncos have going on with what could be considered a complete rebuild do we really need any discontent from a loud mouth diva like AB?
    Plus heís not getting paid $19m per year. Iíve always said it and still will, you do not pay top money for a WR. Elite wr do not help your team win a SB. When was the last time an elite (top 5) wr won a SB? Same goes for RBs.

  13. #418
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    This is crazy we we dont have any explosive player on offense. But every other team in our. If the raiders he some of their holes filled on def and draft Metcalf at 4 to put him ab. Along with 2 more 1st rounders. Cant wait for us to get a new gm with an open mind to the new NFL and not the NFL of the 90s.
    I guess the UDFA that was among the runner-ups for OROY isn't explosive enough?
    #swapping

  14. #419
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Plus he’s not getting paid $19m per year. I’ve always said it and still will, you do not pay top money for a WR. Elite wr do not help your team win a SB. When was the last time an elite (top 5) wr won a SB? Same goes for RBs.

    2015. When DT and Dez set the bar for WR salaries.
    #swapping

  15. #420
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Antonio Brown is talented, but I'm sure by the end of the year if the Raiders aren't winning games he'll create a toxic environment that will be impressionable on the young and developing team in Las Vegas. Yiadom did a fairly good job shutting him down last season when all our CBs were on IR, so him being on the Raiders doesn't worry me too much.
    They should worry you. They have 3 1st rounders in this yearís draft and over $50 million to spend in FA. They have Mike Mayock running their board and we have frugal Elway (car salesman) waiting for the cheap deal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •