Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 592
  1. #571
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,722
    It's late on the East Coast. I'll be back later. Ciao.

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,446
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Yet they're still on their respective teams and walking Hall of Famers. That was a funny one.


    Now we're eliminating half the league... even though you named an NFC quarterback who won one in that time frame.

    At this point, you're just blindly posting stats.

    Your comparisons to Carr and the Raiders isn't making your point and it isn't even insulting my fandom for my team because it comes off as info yelled from a high chair. You keep saying your blank blank is better than my blank blank, but it's so empty that it defeats your purpose. You're not saying why Flacco will lead the Broncos to the Super Bowl or why the Ravens made a mistake trading him, aka not wanting him anymore (remember Corey Liuget). You're just saying he's a Super Bowl MVP that's more accomplished than Carr, better than half the league or maybe Aaron Rodgers or Big Ben... oh wait you guys beat Big Ben in Denver but wait it wasn't with Flacco but he still won a Super Bowl in 2012 so that makes him better in 2018 because Derek Carr hasn't won a playoff game.

    That's you.

    But here's another thing. You diss Tom Brady all the live long day because he lost twice in the AFC Championship in Denver... but you used his name to hype up Flacco.

    Now he's where your argument will get comical. Since you mentioned Tom Brady, are you talking about all 4 of his MVPs which includes the 2 he won before Manning won his, or just his last two? Be careful, the Pats fans will see this and can use it against you. I know I would if I was given the luxury (oh wait Carr hasn't done a thing I almost forgot!). It's a chess move and I'm already on my next two.

    Step away from the checkers board and join me in a game of chess. Your next move is why Flacco will lead Denver to the Super Bowl this year.
    Flacco averages 23.6 pts a game last year with Denverís defense that is a enough to win some games. His ability to stand tall in the pocket and push the ball downfield is what will propel us into a playoff run, not to forget our two headed backfield that carried the teams offense last year, now they have a Qb.

    Iím not worried about the Pats fans having material, they scream 6 rings over and over but dont have an explanation why their team and all their Rings are 1-4 all time vs Denver.

    Their is no comparison to Carr and Flacco.
    Flacco has won on the biggest stage. Flacco also has dealt with injuries hurting his play but thatís something you only wanna use for Carr right.
    Funny to think Flacco won 4 games last year and only played in 9, Carr won 4 out of 16.
    But Flacco is done put a fork in him and this is the season Carr carries the Raiders!!
    Carr threw 19 tds in 16 games last year Flacco 12 in 9 games. I donít see what makes you think Carr is the superior Qb.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 08-26-2019 at 04:52 AM.

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,722
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Flacco averages 23.6 pts a game last year with Denver’s defense that is a enough to win some games. His ability to stand tall in the pocket and push the ball downfield is what will propel us into a playoff run, not to forget our two headed backfield that carried the teams offense last year, now they have a Qb.

    I’m not worried about the Pats fans having material, they scream 6 rings over and over but dont have an explanation why their team and all their Rings are 1-4 all time vs Denver.

    Their is no comparison to Carr and Flacco.
    Flacco has won on the biggest stage. Flacco also has dealt with injuries hurting his play but that’s something you only wanna use for Carr right.
    Funny to think Flacco won 4 games last year and only played in 9, Carr won 4 out of 16.
    But Flacco is done put a fork in him and this is the season Carr carries the Raiders!!
    Carr threw 19 tds in 16 games last year Flacco 12 in 9 games. I don’t see what makes you think Carr is the superior Qb.
    Who's comparing Flacco to Carr? You are. You're using Carr as a benchmark for Flacco's success, an argument that you popped out of thin air. That's the problem with you Broncos fans. You put words in our mouths to hype up your side of the story. Not once did I bring up, mention or make this a Carr vs Flacco debate. It's almost as if you're trying to convince yourself that Flacco isn't his early career form. No one is denying he's good. But few is saying he's the answer.

    But if you want SOME comparison to make you happy, Flacco is 1-2 vs. Carr head to head. And there's a good chance that two of those Raider teams ('15, '17) are worse than this current one or at worse, even par with those two teams. Sadly, the "biggest stage" hasn't helped Flacco's record vs. Carr.

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,446
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Who's comparing Flacco to Carr? You are. You're using Carr as a benchmark for Flacco's success, an argument that you popped out of thin air. That's the problem with you Broncos fans. You put words in our mouths to hype up your side of the story. Not once did I bring up, mention or make this a Carr vs Flacco debate. It's almost as if you're trying to convince yourself that Flacco isn't his early career form. No one is denying he's good. But few is saying he's the answer.

    But if you want SOME comparison to make you happy, Flacco is 1-2 vs. Carr head to head. And there's a good chance that two of those Raider teams ('15, '17) are worse than this current one or at worse, even par with those two teams. Sadly, the "biggest stage" hasn't helped Flacco's record vs. Carr.
    Of course your not because Carr and Flacco are very similar if you compare them last year.

    And youíd have to give up on your season. But like me your hoping your Qb rebounds.
    Flacco be aiming to tie up him and Carrís head to head week 1.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 08-26-2019 at 01:55 PM.

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    643
    Well this thread aged poorly.

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,429
    In swoops Belichick...
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none) Rivers - 0

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,722
    Think Elway takes a chance?

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,558
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    In swoops Belichick...
    I hope so, because this nutjob is no tamable Moss 2.0 if that's what you're deluding to. But the P*ts only have $9M in cap space so I'm not sure how they could swing a deal acceptable to AB with so little wiggle room.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,558
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Think Elway takes a chance?
    No way.

    9char
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,429
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I hope so, because this nutjob is no tamable Moss 2.0 if that's what you're deluding to. But the P*ts only have $9M in cap space so I'm not sure how they could swing a deal acceptable to AB with so little wiggle room.
    The Pats are likely the only team that would want him at this point. Pats give him a vet minimum deal for 1 year. If Brown plays well, he can cash out next year in Free Agency. If the Pats sign him and he is a problem, they cut him. They have enough receivers as is.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none) Rivers - 0

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,722
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The Pats are likely the only team that would want him at this point. Pats give him a vet minimum deal for 1 year. If Brown plays well, he can cash out next year in Free Agency. If the Pats sign him and he is a problem, they cut him. They have enough receivers as is.
    Brown of course takes you over the top but you're fine without that risk. I can't see him shutting up on the field, in the locker room or social media for 17+ weeks.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,351
    They are talk8mg that everything done is grievable.. so he can possibly...slim chance...but can possibly get his guaranteed money back... so there is a lot still on the table.,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,255
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Brown of course takes you over the top but you're fine without that risk. I can't see him shutting up on the field, in the locker room or social media for 17+ weeks.
    AB's only consolation in this whole thing is he can now wear whatever helmet he wants.

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,558
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    They are talk8mg that everything done is grievable.. so he can possibly...slim chance...but can possibly get his guaranteed money back... so there is a lot still on the table.,
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    AB's only consolation in this whole thing is he can now wear whatever helmet he wants.


    More appropriate to the world he lives in.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •