Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The Steelers have Ben Roethlisberger and they could not avoid conflict with Antonio Brown. AB puts himself ahead of the team which is the opposite of the type of player Fangio wants.
    Exactly and that is why I believe this is a solo Elway move!

This will catapult a down fall! Sorry for the negativity And we just trade a guy like this to the LA Rams? Thereís no reason to do this right now.

Perfect, hopefully land Le'veon too. Use Freeman or Booker in the AB trade.

If they make this deal Sanders is gone if he isnít already.

Since the Steelers have to take the big cap
    Hit does that mean for a 2nd pick we are getting AB at a low cap number??? If thatís correct then I get it!!

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Perfect, hopefully land Le'veon too. Use Freeman or Booker in the AB trade.
    Just wondering how we are going to afford to pay Von, Antonio Brown, and still bring in the free agents needed to run both sides of the ball?

Somebodyís going to have to go if Antonio Brown is on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Exactly and that is why I believe this is a solo Elway move!

This will catapult a down fall! Sorry for the negativity And we just trade a guy like this to the LA Rams? Thereís no reason to do this right now.
    Itís not being negative. As far as receivers letís see how Sanders recovers. He was playing well before the injury despite limitations with Keenum.

After the Steelers take the cap hit what is Denver on the hook for and how long?
    That will tell me if itís a good idea or not

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    After the Steelers take the cap hit what is Denver on the hook for and how long?
    That will tell me if itís a good idea or not
    Hereís the breakdown - without getting into all the details the Steelers would take the hit for his signing bonus - all the prorated signing bonuses would stay with the Steelers.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...ade-rumors-nfl

The restructure has huge implications for the Steelers to move on from Brown. Any prorated guaranteed money that has been paid out will count against the cap. Below is the years left on Brownís contract.

$12,625,000 base salary

$7,040,000 prorated signing bonus

$2,500,000 roster bonus

$22,165,000 cap number

$11,300,000 base salary

$18,340,000 cap number

$$12,500,000 base salary

$19,540,000 cap number

The four scenarios the Steelers have for life after Brown.

Trade
    The entire $21.12 million prorated signing bonus would immediately come due at the time of the trade in 2019. Pittsburgh would save just over $1 million on Brownís cap number but would leave behind. The trade would need to be executed before the fifth day of the new league year to avoid the $2.5 million roster bonus. If they executed the trade after the fifth day of the league year the Steelers then would be underwater on cap savings.

Release
    The cap implications are the same as if Pittsburgh traded Brown. or If he would be released, the release would happen after the new league year started and before the fifth day because of the roster bonus. Brown could not be released between now and the new league year because of his prorated bonus acceleration would push the team over the cap in 2018.

Release with the June 1 designation
    If Pittsburgh could find no suitors this route would be the most palatable. The organization would still have to absorb the $21.12 million prorated signing bonus but the team could spread it out over two seasons. This does not happen evenly. The 2019 roster bonus would count against the cap but the remaining $14.08 would not be counted until 2020. The team could make the move before the roster bonus is due. The catch here is that the cap relief would not be given to the team until after June 1, 2019. Brownís cap number for 2019 is $22,165,000 and Pittsburgh would only be on the hook for $7.04 million which means the Steelers would have an additional $15.125 million in cap space as long as the move was done before the roster bonus kicked in.

Post June 1 trade
    This scenario would work exactly like a June 1 release.

Bring AB here is a waste of his time, we have no offense.

I don't buy it. Reciever is way down our list of needs and giving up the pics and money is not helping us address our needs in fact it is the opposite. To boot there is a lot of talk about him being me first over the team which is the exact opposite of what Ewlay looks for. Don't buy it at all. I think its "click bait".

Iíd rather sign Munchak is and have him bring along a lineman or two.

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    I wonder if this was leaked by Denver to get back at Lynch for denying us from the interview.
    I never liked John Lynch. I thought he was a total Phony from the day the Broncos brought him in after his best days as a player were over. And then to stab the guy (John Elway) who encouraged Lynch to take on the GM job in the back by disallowing an interview where the 49ers QB Coach, Scarangello, would move UP to OC? And this is AFTER Elway allowed Lynch to poach Adam Peters, our Player Personnel guru at the time, when Lynch was getting his start in San Francisco.

If I was Elway, I would be more than a little angry.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/1...in-transition/

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...uvered-as-a-gm
    Last edited by gtown53; 01-12-2019 at 02:35 PM.

We traded away DT to make room for the young guys. I'm pretty sure Brown wont be coming here

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    We traded away DT to make room for the young guys. I'm pretty sure Brown wont be coming here
    Brown is 30 and plays like hes 25

Thomas is 31 and plays like hes 48

Big Difference

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    It would be a huge disappointment if they traded for that clown.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    I’d rather sign Munchak is and have him bring along a lineman or two.
    .................... post of the thread