Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Elway: Keenum short term solution

Last edited by gerontion; 01-14-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Proof please.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Proof please.
    http://twitter.com/ZacStevensBSN/sta...69252622868486

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Wow, might as well cut Keenum now.

I donít know that he can even play well enough to force Elway to change his thinking.

If he did, Elway would have to be scared that itís just a fluke.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I'm glad he came out and said it, there is little to no doubt that we will be drafting a QB now. He also said in that conversation that answer could come through draft or trade. I would imagine there are only a couple options in the trade department that fit the stability he is looking for....Stafford or Wentz and I doubt either will be let go, plus, Elway is a cheap....butt....when it comes to giving up compensation

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Really interesting thing to say when he still has a year left on the contract and we don't yet have a backup plan. I guess it could be to motivate him (Keenum) to play better this year. Good to hear, overall, though, because he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm glad he came out and said it, there is little to no doubt that we will be drafting a QB now. He also said in that conversation that answer could come through draft or trade. I would imagine there are only a couple options in the trade department that fit the stability he is looking for....Stafford or Wentz and I doubt either will be let go, plus, Elway is a cheap....butt....when it comes to giving up compensation
    Elway will probably have to give up big compensation to get his QB in the draft, too.

So, it sounds like Elway feels ANYBODY else is plan A and Keenum is plan B.

1st round QB incoming

Is Foles a FA? I assume one of him or Wentz would be available. I'm not sure of any other top end QB's. I mean, apparently the 9ers have 4 qb's that are all better than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    Is Foles a FA? I assume one of him or Wentz would be available. I'm not sure of any other top end QB's. I mean, apparently the 9ers have 4 qb's that are all better than ours.
    I wouldn't mind having Foles. Carson can't seem to stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    I really believe we will be looking at Foles or Wentz. I'd prefer Wentz, because we know what he can do, and once healthy, he should become one of the league's best. No guarantees, but Elway did take a huge risk on an aging QB with a fairly serious health issue.

All in all, I can not see both QBs in Philly any longer. Foles has proven himself over and over....and Wentz should be back at some point.

I keep on repeating myself (sorry), but QB is such a key priority for this team. Case is a good guy, and a decent player....but not the guy. Whether it's a quality starter or a first round pick, the sooner we move on the better. And if I may.....lets go QB, ILB (like CJ Mosley), Oline...maybe kick AB's tires, and add one or more decent D players....and we are rock solid!!! O and D...at a high level!

And wow....Elway said that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I really believe we will be looking at Foles or Wentz. I'd prefer Wentz, because we know what he can do, and once healthy, he should become one of the league's best. No guarantees, but Elway did take a huge risk on an aging QB with a fairly serious health issue.

All in all, I can not see both QBs in Philly any longer. Foles has proven himself over and over....and Wentz should be back at some point.

I keep on repeating myself (sorry), but QB is such a key priority for this team. Case is a good guy, and a decent player....but not the guy. Whether it's a quality starter or a first round pick, the sooner we move on the better. And if I may.....lets go QB, ILB (like CJ Mosley), Oline...maybe kick AB's tires, and add one or more decent D players....and we are rock solid!!! O and D...at a high level!

Peyton didnít really have any health issues. He had the neck injury, but after multiple surgeries to repair it, it was then business as usual. He had never missed a game prior to that injury. I believe Denver was also protected if he didnít pass his yearly physical.
    Wentz seems to get injuried every year with something new. He seems like more of a risk but I would still take it.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

I certainly like Foles more than Keenum, but I worry he is more of a system QB. And honestly he wasn't great this postseason. I wouldn't want to trade a bunch of assets for him and sign him long term for huge money.

Hopefully the only Philly QB Elway takes a crack at is Wentz because he has a long, positive upside when 100% healthy

If we go after "Foles (Fool's) Gold" we'll be looking for a legit 'starting/franchise' QB again next off-season.

I'd rather go Wentz or draft and roll with either Day 1.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 01-14-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above