View Poll Results: Who are you cheering for?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patriots

    10 33.33%
  • Chiefs

    20 66.67%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 123
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    539
    Looks like it is not going to be as frigid as we were first led to believe. Should be around 20 degrees.
    http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USMO0460

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    All this talk about Mahomes being arrogant is very amusing. I as a Chiefs fan have been paying close attention and I don't see this arrogance you guys seem to think he has. Maybe you are running into arrogant fans....but Mahomes? Please. This is great. The future is bright! Chiefs D steps up again. Pats don't figure out Mahomes. Game is not as close a shootout as everyone predicts. Chiefs win by two scores. That is how I imagine it. Since things rarely go exactly like I imagine it.....
    Yeah man, I have no idea where this is coming from. Mahomes seems like a decent guy who isn't cocky. Very jealous of the Chiefs for finding such an exciting player. I try and tune into every Chiefs game I can because he is so damn fun to watch.

    I can't stand the Patriots and will be cheering for them to get stomped on Sunday. They are the most arrogant/smug franchise in all of sports. Also, having Brady trying to play the "underdog card" last weekend is so incredibly laughable. You're team has been to 8 straight AFC Championship games, no one is underestimating your team.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    Looks like it is not going to be as frigid as we were first led to believe. Should be around 20 degrees.
    http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USMO0460
    THe feel like temperature is more like 12 F.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-16-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    Dude....my whole point was that the Chiefs D has improved over the last two games.....and you argued against that using numbers from those two games. Now you are acting like we are talking about all season. I know good and well that the Chiefs have had lousy defense this season. You can't win the argument so now you are spreading out to the games that were not part of the discussion to try to prove you know what you are talking about. When I call you out on that you call me arrogant? I'm missing your point? It was my point that was in dispute. Now you are tying to morph it into to your point....which is that the Chiefs D has let other teams run on them I guess. Well who ever disputed that? This is ridiculous. At this point I don't know why I am bothering with this because I'm sure you are not following.

    If you think the last two games is too small a sample size then fine....that's all you need to say. Bringing up other games that show how lousy the D has been this season is meaningless to my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    You'll learn that the Pats fans move the goal posts in debate to try and prove a point.... Doesn't matter what the original debate was.... Best to just ignore.
    First of all, I started the argument by saying the Chiefs D has not been stellar since Thanksgiving. Then YOU move the goal posts and say it was good for the past 2 games and that this is evidence that the Chiefs D has "turned the corner." In actuality it was my point in dispute, not yours.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    First of all, I started the argument by saying the Chiefs D has not been stellar since Thanksgiving. Then YOU move the goal posts and say it was good for the past 2 games and that this is evidence that the Chiefs D has "turned the corner." In actuality it was my point in dispute, not yours.
    What are the Patriots, 3-4 in road playoff games including 3 loses in Denver. I'm leaving out Super Bowls because they are neutral sites. Playing in KC will be a challenge.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    What are the Patriots, 3-4 in road playoff games including 3 loses in Denver. I'm leaving out Super Bowls because they are neutral sites. Playing in KC will be a challenge.
    Yes they are 3-4 on the road in the playoffs under Belichick. But how many teams are actually good road playoff teams? They are on the road for a reason - they are underdogs.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Yes they are 3-4 on the road in the playoffs under Belichick. But how many teams are actually good road playoff teams? They are on the road for a reason - they are underdogs.
    I get what you're saying but teams like the Broncos and Chiefs have hostile road environments and crowd noise. It's not like a playoff road game against the Cardinals or Dolphins. Given that they are 0-3 against the Broncos in road playoff games speaks well to the Chiefs chances in my opinion.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,203
    I wanna see the Pats lose the Superbowl again
    Red 98

    Kareem rises to the top

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    First of all, I started the argument by saying the Chiefs D has not been stellar since Thanksgiving. Then YOU move the goal posts and say it was good for the past 2 games and that this is evidence that the Chiefs D has "turned the corner." In actuality it was my point in dispute, not yours.
    You mean if I say something that disagrees with something you may have said......I am moving the goal posts? No.....made a point that disagree with that statement that the Chiefs D has been bad since Thanksgiving. You argued with that and when you were unsuccessful you brought up games that came before the last two to illustrate how bad the Chiefs D has been. Dude....nobody is arguing about the Chiefs D being bad before the last two games.....so why bring those up? If you made a point about the D being bad since Thanksgiving (I am not going back to check that) then my point disputed that. Goal posts are still right where I found them.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    You mean if I say something that disagrees with something you may have said......I am moving the goal posts? No.....made a point that disagree with that statement that the Chiefs D has been bad since Thanksgiving. You argued with that and when you were unsuccessful you brought up games that came before the last two to illustrate how bad the Chiefs D has been. Dude....nobody is arguing about the Chiefs D being bad before the last two games.....so why bring those up? If you made a point about the D being bad since Thanksgiving (I am not going back to check that) then my point disputed that. Goal posts are still right where I found them.
    If anything the Chiefs recent surge in defense brings hope. Patrick Mahomes for as great as his been this year, isn't playing his best. It's not like he's taken a huge step back or anything, but he's no longer a surprise. Teams are starting to figure out his tendencies (naturally).

    This is going to be a really good game........although I fully expected the Chargers to make it one too.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    3,001
    I went Chefs...it's hard to win on the road in the playoffs, and as great as Brady and Bellicheck have been they are just like everyone else with regards to road playoff games. Arrowhead is going to be insanely loud despite the cold. It's their first AFC Championship game ever in KC. I think the forecast has changed a little and so it may be a more pass happy day than folks think.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,722
    A Kansas City radio station is offering a prize pack that includes seats along the Chiefs super bowl victory parade route....

    https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...ong-super-bowl

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    13,646
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    A Kansas City radio station is offering a prize pack that includes seats along the Chiefs super bowl victory parade route....

    https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...ong-super-bowl
    Wow They never learn, always jinxing themselves!

    They were having contest like that back in 97. I remember one was whoever could put the deep whack into a 79 Bronco would win super bowl tickets. Imagine the disappointed party when Denver knocked them out of the playoffs in Their backyard that good!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-17-2019 at 10:35 PM.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,696
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    If anything the Chiefs recent surge in defense brings hope. Patrick Mahomes for as great as his been this year, isn't playing his best. It's not like he's taken a huge step back or anything, but he's no longer a surprise. Teams are starting to figure out his tendencies (naturally).

    This is going to be a really good game........although I fully expected the Chargers to make it one too.
    I agree... this is not the same offense without Kareem Hunt. Mahomes is holding the ball longer and has shown that he can be confused by different looks to coverages. Patriots had success with him the first time around. Game should not have been as close as it was but blown coverages were the story of the patriots' second half defense.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,243
    Quote Originally Posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    I agree... this is not the same offense without Kareem Hunt. Mahomes is holding the ball longer and has shown that he can be confused by different looks to coverages. Patriots had success with him the first time around. Game should not have been as close as it was but blown coverages were the story of the patriots' second half defense.
    The Chiefs scored at least 26 points in every game this season. They’re dynamic with our with Hunt because their quarterback is the most dynamic quarterback in the game right now.

    Blown coverages happen when a quarterback can make your secondary run around for 5 five seconds because of his scrambling ability.

    I fully expect NE to get let up light a Christmas tree this Sunday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •