View Poll Results: Who are you cheering for?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patriots

10 33.33%
  • Chiefs

20 66.67%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I can't believe I'm going to bat for the Chiefs here, but.....

Using the 8.6 YPC is false. It was 6.2 avg. Still high, right? Well lets look at it a little deeper.....

Mack only ran the ball 9 times for 46 yards.... Sounds good.... that's 5.1 YPC.... Only problem is one carry was 20 yards. I know it doesn't change that 5.1 YPC, but.....

Hines ran the ball 3 times for 24 yards.... Sounds good.... That's 8.0 YPC.... Only problem is one carry was 14 yards. I know it doesn't change that 8.0 YPC, but....

Luck ran the ball 2 times for 17 yards.... Sounds good.... That's 8.5 YPC.... One carry was 9 yards and another was 8. broken QB scrambles tend to have high YPC so.......

Lets take out Mack's 1 carry and Hines 1 carry...... The avg is 4.4 YPC.... Still not bad but for the sake of argument, I'll now remove Lucks broken play runs..... The avg. is 3.6 YPC..... not looking as good.

I know the bottom line shows 6.2 YPC but it wasn't like they ran all over them for 30 carries and 200 yds..... It was only 14 carries..... 9 by the starting RB..... I don't think you even watched the same game or watched it at all......
    Ha....I didn't read this until after I posted. You said it better than I did. Face still straight by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    First of all....it was 6.2 YPC....look for yourself....am I wrong?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401038957

Second.....they carried it only 14 times. They spent most of the time passing. The Chiefs were playing with a lead all game.....most of the time by more than one score. Here is my straight face....right here......and it is telling you this.....the Chiefs are improved on D.
    Still high...

Here are the Chiefs opponents at home this year...

SF
    JAX
    CIN
    DEN
    ARZ
    BAL
    LAC
    OAK

IND

First of all....it was 6.2 YPC....look for yourself....am I wrong?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401038957

Second.....they carried it only 14 times. They spent most of the time passing. The Chiefs were playing with a lead all game.....most of the time by more than one score. Here is my straight face....right here......and it is telling you this.....the Chiefs are improved on D.
    What about the 127 yards they gave up to Oakland a few weeks ago? Martin was averaging 5.0 YPC.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    What about the 127 yards they gave up to Oakland a few weeks ago? Martin was averaging 5.0 YPC.
    What? Really? The Raiders scored all of 3 points on the Chiefs in that game. I'll take giving up those yards all day for only 3 points against us. Just accept it. The Chiefs are playing better D than they have in a long time. The only question is....will it last? Lets just say it will.

Still high...

Here are the Chiefs opponents at home this year...

SF
    JAX
    CIN
    DEN
    ARZ
    BAL
    LAC
    OAK

IND
    Guess you ignored my post on this....

Guess you ignored my post on this....
    He didn't have a good answer. See how he tried to distract away from it by posting next year stuff? He knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Then he brings up worse numbers that the Raiders had against us.....a team that only scored 3 points.

Oh the irony of Patriots fans complaining about someone else having biased officials on their home field .

What? Really? The Raiders scored all of 3 points on the Chiefs in that game. I'll take giving up those yards all day for only 3 points against us. Just accept it. The Chiefs are playing better D than they have in a long time. The only question is....will it last? Lets just say it will.
    a team that is behind by a lot of points should not have a ton of yards on the ground.

He didn't have a good answer. See how he tried to distract away from it by posting next year stuff? He knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Then he brings up worse numbers that the Raiders had against us.....a team that only scored 3 points.
    Ok, what about the 194 yards rushing by the Ravens?

The Goodellgate portion is immaterial IMO. That the Pats are 3-5 in games he's officiating is a wee bit interesting.

The officiating should be the least of the Pats' concerns. Figuring out how to contain (at least partially) Patrick Mahomes is the long pole in the tent

Ok, what about the 194 yards rushing by the Ravens?

LOL.....you are now talking about games before the last two games that I point to as showing the Chiefs D is improved. Just give it up....please? You aren't even following the conversation.

LOL.....you are now talking about games before the last two games that I point to as showing the Chiefs D is improved. Just give it up....please? You aren't even following the conversation.
    Wow, youíre arrogant. Youíre missing my point. I just gave you a recent example of a team that ran all over your ďimprovedĒ D. I donít care if itís not the last two games, which to me are meaningless since 1 was against a bottom feeder team. Itís too small of a sample size.

And if you want a one game sample, I can point to the Pats putting up 41 points on the Chargers, whereas the Chiefs only put up 28 points in their most recent meeting with them.

Wow, you’re arrogant. You’re missing my point. I just gave you a recent example of a team that ran all over your “improved” D. I don’t care if it’s not the last two games, which to me are meaningless since 1 was against a bottom feeder team. It’s too small of a sample size.

And if you want a one game sample, I can point to the Pats putting up 41 points on the Chargers, whereas the Chiefs only put up 28 points in their most recent meeting with them.

Dude....my whole point was that the Chiefs D has improved over the last two games.....and you argued against that using numbers from those two games. Now you are acting like we are talking about all season. I know good and well that the Chiefs have had lousy defense this season. You can't win the argument so now you are spreading out to the games that were not part of the discussion to try to prove you know what you are talking about. When I call you out on that you call me arrogant? I'm missing your point? It was my point that was in dispute. Now you are tying to morph it into to your point....which is that the Chiefs D has let other teams run on them I guess. Well who ever disputed that? This is ridiculous. At this point I don't know why I am bothering with this because I'm sure you are not following.

If you think the last two games is too small a sample size then fine....that's all you need to say. Bringing up other games that show how lousy the D has been this season is meaningless to my point.
    Last edited by obi-groo; 01-16-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Dude....my whole point was that the Chiefs D has improved over the last two games.....and you argued against that using numbers from those two games. Now you are acting like we are talking about all season. I know good and well that the Chiefs have had lousy defense this season. You can't win the argument so now you are spreading out to the games that were not part of the discussion to try to prove you know what you are talking about. When I call you out on that you call me arrogant? I'm missing your point? It was my point that was in dispute. Now you are tying to morph it into to your point....which is that the Chiefs D has let other teams run on them I guess. Well who ever disputed that? This is ridiculous. At this point I don't know why I am bothering with this because I'm sure you are not following.

If you think the last two games is too small a sample size then fine....that's all you need to say. Bringing up other games that show how lousy the D has been this season is meaningless to my point.
    You'll learn that the Pats fans move the goal posts in debate to try and prove a point.... Doesn't matter what the original debate was.... Best to just ignore.