Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    many people don't have him as the top QB....

CBS sports has Lock as #1 QB and have ranked #21 overall.
    Really? This is the Post-Senior Bowl CBS Mock Draft. And I'm seeing Haskins listed ahead of Lock.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...r-senior-bowl/

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. People are talking about moving up to #2 to get Lock who many experts believe to be a 2nd Round "Blaine Gabbert" QB talent. And once again I ask, why would anyone move up to #2 and NOT go after the Top-Rated QB in Haskins? And I've yet to see a legitimate answer.
    Please cite the "many" experts who have Lock as a 2nd round, Blaine Gabbert type. As far as Haskins, there is not always a consensus top QB in the draft. Some liked Goff over Wentz. Some liked Darnold over Mayfield. Here's a decent scouting report on Haskins which notes his many strengths, but also some weaknesses.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...19dhaskins.php

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Please cite the "many" experts who have Lock as a 2nd round, Blaine Gabbert type. As far as Haskins, there is not always a consensus top QB in the draft. Some liked Goff over Wentz. Some liked Darnold over Mayfield. Here's a decent scouting report on Haskins which notes his many strengths, but also some weaknesses.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...19dhaskins.php
    It really doesn't matter how much sense anyone makes about QB A or Qb B.....none of them are good enough don't you know.....

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Really? This is the Post-Senior Bowl CBS Mock Draft. And I'm seeing Haskins listed ahead of Lock.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...r-senior-bowl/

Hope this helps.
    different people there have different rankings

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-50-big-board/

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Miller is not a quarterback. Hes not netting two firsts.

Teams had their chance to give up two firsts when he got tagged. There were zero reports of him negotiating an offer sheet with any other teams.

Now hes older.

Any deal involving Miller to move up will involve giving up more than just Miller and maybe the Broncos also get a late round pick in return.
    Mack delivered 2 firsts 2 seconds and Miller can not? I don't know about that. In order to give up Miller I would definitely demand #2 and a round 3 pick at least. Definitely would not do Miller and 10 for 2. Still frees up money to fill all our holes, but I value Miller more than that so would pass otherwise.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Mack delivered 2 firsts 2 seconds and Miller can not? I don't know about that. In order to give up Miller I would definitely demand #2 and a round 3 pick at least. Definitely would not do Miller and 10 for 2. Still frees up money to fill all our holes, but I value Miller more than that so would pass otherwise.
    What leverage would the Broncos have when everyone knows they would be trading up to get a quarterback?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.

The only reason lock was even mentioned as the #1 was bc scouts and gms got to see him throw at the Senior bowl. Haskins and Murray were not there so to me that's a flawed way of ranking them. I too have not seen a mock that had lock going before haskin and that's even after the Senior bowl. I'm not big on what ANYONE says about anything before April when it comes to the draft we are in January.

I am big on the opinions of guys when the actual football season finishes, as I prioritise the play on the field over the media hype. Based on that, Haskins was rated the top guy at quarterback when the actual football finished up, and I don't see why that has changed ? Drew Lock had a good Senior Bowl, but fans and the media live too much in the moment and tend to focus all of their energy on the most recent piece of news, NFL teams consider the entire picture.

On Drew Lock now being rated number one, I don't think that is solely because of the Senior Bowl, he was trending that way down the stretch of the season after a few really good performances. The hype for him being the top quarterback available was there before the Senior Bowl week began, and I think people were just happy to see him live up to the billing he came into the week of practice with. I personally thought the interviews and the way Lock carried himself was the most impressive thing about him at the Senior Bowl. Lock commanded the room and had a level of confidence to him a lot of people had questioned prior, and he looked like a franchise guy.

Maybe the Raiders would give up their top 5 pick for Miller?

Then get Lock then *Daniel (Jones), all in the top ten.
    Last edited by mozzerpete; 02-02-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Maybe the Raiders would give up their top 5 pick for Miller?

Then get Lock then Daniels, all in the top ten.
    Daniels? Who dat?

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I am big on the opinions of guys when the actual football season finishes, as I prioritise the play on the field over the media hype. Based on that, Haskins was rated the top guy at quarterback when the actual football finished up, and I don't see why that has changed ? Drew Lock had a good Senior Bowl, but fans and the media live too much in the moment and tend to focus all of their energy on the most recent piece of news, NFL teams consider the entire picture.

On Drew Lock now being rated number one, I don't think that is solely because of the Senior Bowl, he was trending that way down the stretch of the season after a few really good performances. The hype for him being the top quarterback available was there before the Senior Bowl week began, and I think people were just happy to see him live up to the billing he came into the week of practice with. I personally thought the interviews and the way Lock carried himself was the most impressive thing about him at the Senior Bowl. Lock commanded the room and had a level of confidence to him a lot of people had questioned prior, and he looked like a franchise guy.
    Sounds like you're letting others make up your opinion for you. Haskins was riding on the his successful December. His film from the entire season is less than impressive. He is probably QB2 or QB3 for most.

Haskins was/is a media darling, probably not truly a great prospect in the eyes of NFL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Sounds like you're letting others make up your opinion for you. Haskins was riding on the his successful December. His film from the entire season is less than impressive. He is probably QB2 or QB3 for most.

Haskins was/is a media darling, probably not truly a great prospect in the eyes of NFL teams.
    In NFL eyes? What team do you work for? What meeting room are you sitting in? Most I have seen still has Haskins 1st qb off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post

Not true, on either point, and to be honest, every quarterback in this class has a pretty mediocre body of work, all have shown to be very inconsistent, and that's why I believe we could see only 2 guys go in the first round. That is just my opinion, but I am someone who believes this class is a mediocre one, and I have said from the start of this process, I wouldn't even look at most of these prospects in round 1. Haskins though, he has the best body of work this past season in terms of NFL prospects, and if you want to look at a guy who is all fan hype and the media darling, it's Daniel Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post

Excuse me? "Drew Lock now being rated number one"? By who? I just went through a couple dozen updated Mock Drafts from the Databases that are available, and I only saw one where Lock was rated ahead of Haskins, after the Senior Bowl, and that was on a "Trade" Mock Draft where Denver traded up to the 2nd Pick, and took Lock. Haskins, at this point, is still the consensus #1 QB. Every other Mock that I took the time to look at had Haskins going before Lock. Here's the Link. Maybe you can find something that I didn't see.

https://www.mockout.com/2019-nfl-mock-draft-database/