Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I can live with Lock at 10 (if Oliver and Wilkins are gone)... even if it means, most likely, we repeat the Cutler over Ngata boner. But if we trade up for Lock... it will destroy DEN for for years.
    I think weíll only draft a DE high if they canít reach a deal with Wolfe to lower his cap number, decide DeMarcus Walker is a bust which Iím still not sure about Fangio will hopefully get best out of him or Shelby Harris doesnít get offered a new contract

Amen. Bc Lock is a risk at 10 (there are at least 6 guys that are much better options).

But to trade up and surrender 4 premium
    Picks? Thatís a desperate move.

Stay at 10. Take a CB or DT. Then try to trade back into first for Greer or Jones. If not, then go OL in the second and look for a 3rd round qb.
    I agree, completely. And I have to scratch my head wondering why so many people think it's a great idea to mortgage our future by giving up many Picks to move up to get Lock when I don't see ANYONE on these Boards suggesting that if we are going to move up, why we wouldn't be moving up for Haskins who is the top-rated QB in the Draft. Although, I have an idea on that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I agree, completely. And I have to scratch my head wondering why so many people think it's a great idea to mortgage our future by giving up many Picks to move up to get Lock when I don't see ANYONE on these Boards suggesting that if we are going to move up, why we wouldn't be moving up for Haskins who is the top-rated QB in the Draft. Although, I have an idea on that subject.
    Really? What is your idea on the subject of people not mentioning Haskins more often? If you think it's for a nefarious reason, go ahead and say so. I've seen a lot of people advocating for Haskins. I'm one of them. However, perhaps there are some who have legitimate questions about Haskins? They worry about his lack of experience. They worry that maybe he was a product of Meyer's genius and all the talent on OU? Also, because he is the top ranked QB the draft, perhaps he's mentioned less often because posters feel Denver really don't have a legit chance to draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Well, there's this....

Report Elway is 'smitten' with Lock

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...2019-nfl-draft

I would wager that if Elway is smitten with a QB denver is going to trade up for him.

Elway loved Mayfield/ Darnold and tried to trade up to #2 to get one of them.

I don't see Elway as a guy who is going to settle this time.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Can someone explain to me Lock not being worth trading up for?
    In my mind, the drop off after Lock is massive especially if Jones is gone. I'd rather trade up for Lock than trade back to get Grier who I view as a 3rd rd qb at best.

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    I would wager that if Elway is smitten with a QB denver is going to trade up for him.

Elway loved Mayfield/ Darnold and tried to trade up to #2 to get one of them.

I don't see Elway as a guy who is going to settle this time.
    Other GMs might have the same mindset and it could turn into a bidding war. Not sure if I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Can someone explain to me Lock not being worth trading up for?
    In my mind, the drop off after Lock is massive especially if Jones is gone. I'd rather trade up for Lock than trade back to get Grier who I view as a 3rd rd qb at best.
    Lock isnít a good enough prospect to wager your teamís future on. His biggest red flags are accuracy and decision-making. For elite QBs, those are pretty important tools. Doesnít mean he wonít improve... but... this isnít trading up for Luck or something...

On top of that.... DEN had awful drafts from 2012-2017. The cupboard is bare. We are crawling out of this, bc of last draft, but have a long way to go.

This franchise isnít in the position to wager here. It cost NYJ 3 second rounders and a first to jump up from 6 to 3. Imagine the cost to go from 10 to 2.

Lock isnít a good enough prospect to wager your teamís future on. His biggest red flags are accuracy and decision-making. For elite QBs, those are pretty important tools. Doesnít mean he wonít improve... but... this isnít trading up for Luck or something...

On top of that.... DEN had awful drafts from 2012-2017. The cupboard is bare. We are crawling out of this, bc of last draft, but have a long way to go.

This franchise isnít in the position to wager here. It cost NYJ 3 second rounders and a first to jump up from 6 to 3. Imagine the cost to go from 10 to 2.
    Like I asked earlier , if a player isnt worth moving up from #10 maybe hes not worth a #10 pick to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Like I asked earlier , if a player isnt worth moving up from #10 maybe hes not worth a #10 pick to begin with.
    That makes no sense.

Itís one thing to draft a guy at 10 and he becomes a bust. Itís quite another to surrender 2 first round picks and 2 second rounders and a 4th for a guy and he goes busts.

And, on top of that, sometimes a guy is worth the 10th pick and other times the same
    Prospect isnít worth the 10th pick. Like if a top 5 talent ďfallsĒ to 10... then you can not justify drafting the other guy at 10, but would take him at 10 if they other guy didnít fall.

Itís all about value and cost. Itís really basic economics.

Elway can definitely show his hand, if we are looking to rebuild and feel that he found his qb, he has Von to trade in the deal. Could probably even keep pick 10. I would think Von could return pick #2 plus another pick. Not that this will happen, but it could.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Elway can definitely show his hand, if we are looking to rebuild and feel that he found his qb, he has Von to trade in the deal. Could probably even keep pick 10. I would think Von could return pick #2 plus another pick. Not that this will happen, but it could.
    No one is giving up a top five pick for Von Miller, certainly not without being asked for the #10 pick to go along with him. The Broncos would definitely have to give up more than just Miller.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    No one is giving up a top five pick for Von Miller, certainly not without being asked for the #10 pick to go along with him. The Broncos would definitely have to give up more than just Miller.
    I disagree. Miller is worth 2 firsts at least. Niners could add Miller, Earl Thomas, and Ramsey. They have cash and need vets. Miller is a proven player, still good years left in him. Von would sell for two firsts minimum, the 49ers could have Bosa or other Pass Rusher (cant remember his name right now. Lol) or Von. Lynch is a smart man that understands a SB MVP is worth that pick.

You also may be right. Maybe it is too high. But I'd consider it if I'm Lynch. Especially with the knowledge Von has in Phillip's Defense. It's a great new start for both clubs.

I disagree. Miller is worth 2 firsts at least. Niners could add Miller, Earl Thomas, and Ramsey. They have cash and need vets. Miller is a proven player, still good years left in him. Von would sell for two firsts minimum, the 49ers could have Bosa or other Pass Rusher (cant remember his name right now. Lol) or Von. Lynch is a smart man that understands a SB MVP is worth that pick.

You also may be right. Maybe it is too high. But I'd consider it if I'm Lynch. Especially with the knowledge Von has in Phillip's Defense. It's a great new start for both clubs.
    The Rams are the team to beat. Von can help Kyle find holes in their D. Just makes Von a possible game changer for them. They give us a new offense.. OC QB coach QB. We give them a formidable defense. Fair Trade.

Miller is not a quarterback. Heís not netting two firsts.

Teams had their chance to give up two firsts when he got tagged. There were zero reports of him negotiating an offer sheet with any other teams.

Now heís older.

Any deal involving Miller to move up will involve giving up more than just Miller and maybe the Broncos also get a late round pick in return.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!