Anyone else feel like we need a major move at TE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Letswinplz77
    Playmaker
    • Oct 2007

Anyone else feel like we need a major move at TE?

At #10 I realize QB, OL, CB, ILB are all probably ahead of Tight End in terms of need, but should they be? Butt might be done with football. Heuerman is average, when healthy. We have no difference maker at the position and there will be two available from Iowa alone. Who thinks we should trade back, stock picks, and take the best TE available in the middle or the end of the first round?
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT
  • mozzerpete
    All-Pro
    • May 2008

Do we even need a traditional TE?
    Can't we just get any tall body out there with speed who can catch.
    One quicker catch capable OT would be ideal in this situation for goal line.

Lindsay can zoom around the corner to mask TE blocking deficiencies.
    Bryce Love in the third would be ideal to pair with Lindsay assuming he's fully healthy.
    Denver needs speed.

What is Denver's offense, again?

Comment

• johnlimburg
      Ring of Famer
      • Sep 2009

I had hope for Jake Butt coming off of injury last year, but after suffering another serious set back, he cannot be trusted heading into the off-season to be a contributor. I also liked Troy Fumagalli, he was drafted last year and was looking good in camp, but again, he suffered a serious injury and cannot be relied on heading into the off-season.

Looking at the free agent group of tight-ends, it is horrible, and I don't see any upgrade amongst that group. Tyler Eiferts name will get thrown around but the man is made of glass. In 6 NFL seasons he has played in just 45 games, and despite being only 28 years old, I wouldn't go near him. I think we need to address the position in the draft, it's just a matter of at what point.

I would prefer to use our early round picks on areas like the offensive line, the defensive backfield, and quarterback, but in that third round I would love to see T.J. Hockenson selected. I think you could see him go on a real climb leading up to the draft, he is such a well-rounded player, and he could come in and contribute from day 1.

Comment

• myoung
        Captain
        • Mar 2004

I think we have too many other needs to consider a TE in the first round. I wouldn't be opposed to Kaden Smith in the 4th round, which after he runs I doubt he will be. My guess is that he goes somewhere in the mid to late 2nd round. I hope we spend our first few draft picks on other areas of need.

Comment

• orange crush75
          Captain
          • Feb 2006

We have a bigger need for a Qb then te imo.

Comment

• conannilsen
            Special Teams
            • Aug 2007

Still have Heuermann Butt Fumagali and one day they'll be healthy. The next men up have been pretty solid too. Great potential for a huge impact to come.
            2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• dipablo
              Protector of the Realm
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
              Still have Heuermann Butt Fumagali and one day they'll be healthy. The next men up have been pretty solid too. Great potential for a huge impact to come.
              I agree, TE is not something i would focus on this off season, i would roll the dice that at least one of those guys can stay healthy. Too many better positions to spend cap on FA and draft picks. Risky i know with their injury history but id roll the dice on it.
              Out of Order - BCMB Div I 2023 Champ | TD for Sutton - BCMB FF Smackdown

Comment

• conannilsen
                Special Teams
                • Aug 2007

Jesse James is FA too, but I imagine he would get more money elsewhere. Knows the Schemes Munchak uses, so could help the young guys learn it quicker.

Comment

• armedequation
                  cafe official sidekick
                  • Aug 2005

I also have to say that i liked the way parker and lacosse stepped in. Its not like they were stellar but they stepped up when called upon
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• conannilsen
                    Special Teams
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                    I also have to say that i liked the way parker and lacosse stepped in. Its not like they were stellar but they stepped up when called upon
                    LaCosse was arguably the best of the bunch this year for sure. All of those 5 guys are well rounded too. After relying on Julius Thomas and having Tamme etc, this depth I am way more comfortable with.
                    Last edited by conannilsen; 01-16-2019, 05:06 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• broncolee
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2007

If there’s a quarterback you like, you take him before you take a tight end you may or may not need.
                      Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jun 2007

I liked them too but they were ignored by defenses when they released into the flat. I’d like to have seen them do more down the field but I think Fumagalli will take the job and run with it this season.

Comment

• armedequation
                          cafe official sidekick
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          I liked them too but they were ignored by defenses when they released into the flat. I’d like to have seen them do more down the field but I think Fumagalli will take the job and run with it this season.
                          Ive heard from a badger fan that fuma caught everything thrown his way and that he was hornibrooks security blanket
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• johnlimburg
                            Ring of Famer
                            • Sep 2009

Ive heard from a badger fan that fuma caught everything thrown his way and that he was hornibrooks security blanket
                            I just looked an old scouting report on him, he is missing his index finger, yet was considered to be a sure target with great hands, pretty interesting little note. He was making some noise in camp a year ago also, so hopefully he comes back healthy and can contribute.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2010

i feel if sutton can become the star i think he will develop into. getting a good TE may not be the most important. we do need at least an average TE but our group seems to have a few those.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                              X