Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 126
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,165
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Lynch went from Denver's FO to GM of the Niners. He asked permission to interview some of Denver's personnel and hired a FO guy and an assistant coach away from the Broncos. Maybe Elway reminded him of that? All's well that ends well.
    I think it was Shanahan that was blocking the interview and then I think it was Lynch that talked with Shanahan convincing him of what’s a more ethical move in this business and what isn’t.

    The Broncos have helped the 49ers to great lengths in the past and vice versa and I think John Lynch wanted to keep things that way.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Hey man......what's wrong with the Dutch!?!?!?
    Ever heard of a Dutch oven?? And I'm not taking about the cooking pot.......

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I'm just feeling excited about my Broncos for the first time in a few years if this hiring happens. Things feel like it's happening up. Now we just need a QB and we're in the money.
    I'm with you! The past few years have been pretty hard to live with. If all the positive reports on the new coaches are correct, then the Broncos might be fun to watch again---at the very least, hopefully enough variety in the play-calling (on both sides of the ball) that us arm chair QB's won't be able to call all the plays before they are run.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,198
    Quote Originally Posted by teetdogs View Post
    Awesome!!!

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    7,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Awesome!!!
    Haha its not just the names either...they do look the part of some goodfellas
    Glen Haven Fire

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,252
    "Mile High Mafia" has a nice ring to it. If I lived in the US, that would be straight on a shirt, and I would be selling it as of tomorrow morning, someone get onto that.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,384
    Excerpt from article by Matt Miller:

    “The Denver Broncos hired former San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks coach Rich Scangarello as their new offensive coordinator, and folks around the league are already taking notice. One former general manager texted me to say that Scangarello will be a head coach in the near future.”

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,638
    https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/2...s-offense-nfl/

    Rich Scangarello explains Broncos’ new offensive vision
    Scangarello will call NFL plays for the first time next season


    Rich Scangarello’s football philosophy will guide the Broncos’ offense in a new direction next season.

    Where will it lead? Scangarello, hired away from Kyle Shanahan’s 49ers staff, was introduced as Denver’s next offensive coordinator Thursday at UCHealth Training Center. Scangarello coached quarterbacks the past two seasons in San Francisco and will be a first-time NFL play caller in 2019. Here is a sampling of responses at his news conference.

    On his introduction to new Broncos coach Vic Fangio: “I knew that to be in the NFL you had to grow your circle and your network. I kind of sought out some guys I thought were very talented coaches and great teachers that people I’d been around had high regard for. I made an effort to try and meet Vic. He was gracious enough to sit down with me in Indianapolis (at the NFL combine) and we just kind of hit it off and connected. I really appreciated his time and the things he said. We just felt a connection in that way that he sees the game a lot like I do. That’s really how we started our relationship from the beginning and that was a little over a year ago.”

    On his offensive philosophy: “My roots have always been in the zone run system that Kyle Shanahan has run. I started that with my first mentor, my first head coach I worked with, Tom Cable (in Oakland), and it evolved over the years. I see an offense that’s willing to take shots, that’s aggressive but is detailed in every way, that takes care of the football, that empowers its players to be the best they can be by putting them in the position to be successful. I think our offensive power is the quarterback to have success and we can adapt to his skill set. As we build this as a group and a staff, I’m looking forward to doing that. We can make that happen.”

    On the returning roster: “I’m excited about the pieces we do have. I thought they did an outstanding job in the draft last year. They played a lot of young players very early in their career and you can see them evolve over the season. … I love the core group and I’m excited to work with them.”

    On quarterback Case Keenum: “I’m excited to work with Case. We were not in the market for a quarterback in San Fransisco last year, but he was a free agent and I did my due diligence (scouting) on him. He really played outstanding in Minnesota (the year before). He was a big part of helping them get to where they got in that NFC Championship game. He’s gritty, he’s a winner, he’s competitive and you could see that on the film. … Each (quarterback) is a little unique and you have to adapt to them. I see traits that we can help Case be the best he can be. That’s our job as an offense and the players around him to empower him and really play confident like he was in Minnesota.”

    On modernizing the offense: “I think the game is always evolving. It can touch on a lot of things. There’s a perception that college football has evolved in a completely different direction than the NFL and that’s trickling into our game. So there are those fresh ideas which you’re starting to see with the RPOs and different things people are doing and that can help the quarterback. … I respect Kyle Shanahan as much as anyone I’ve been around as a coach. His mind is brilliant. I’ve learned so much from him. But the reality of it is that he is always evolving every year. … We’ll take that same approach.”


    Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/2...s-offense-nfl/

    Rich Scangarello explains Broncos’ new offensive vision
    Scangarello will call NFL plays for the first time next season


    Rich Scangarello’s football philosophy will guide the Broncos’ offense in a new direction next season.

    Where will it lead? Scangarello, hired away from Kyle Shanahan’s 49ers staff, was introduced as Denver’s next offensive coordinator Thursday at UCHealth Training Center. Scangarello coached quarterbacks the past two seasons in San Francisco and will be a first-time NFL play caller in 2019. Here is a sampling of responses at his news conference.

    On his introduction to new Broncos coach Vic Fangio: “I knew that to be in the NFL you had to grow your circle and your network. I kind of sought out some guys I thought were very talented coaches and great teachers that people I’d been around had high regard for. I made an effort to try and meet Vic. He was gracious enough to sit down with me in Indianapolis (at the NFL combine) and we just kind of hit it off and connected. I really appreciated his time and the things he said. We just felt a connection in that way that he sees the game a lot like I do. That’s really how we started our relationship from the beginning and that was a little over a year ago.”

    On his offensive philosophy: “My roots have always been in the zone run system that Kyle Shanahan has run. I started that with my first mentor, my first head coach I worked with, Tom Cable (in Oakland), and it evolved over the years. I see an offense that’s willing to take shots, that’s aggressive but is detailed in every way, that takes care of the football, that empowers its players to be the best they can be by putting them in the position to be successful. I think our offensive power is the quarterback to have success and we can adapt to his skill set. As we build this as a group and a staff, I’m looking forward to doing that. We can make that happen.”

    On the returning roster: “I’m excited about the pieces we do have. I thought they did an outstanding job in the draft last year. They played a lot of young players very early in their career and you can see them evolve over the season. … I love the core group and I’m excited to work with them.”

    On quarterback Case Keenum: “I’m excited to work with Case. We were not in the market for a quarterback in San Fransisco last year, but he was a free agent and I did my due diligence (scouting) on him. He really played outstanding in Minnesota (the year before). He was a big part of helping them get to where they got in that NFC Championship game. He’s gritty, he’s a winner, he’s competitive and you could see that on the film. … Each (quarterback) is a little unique and you have to adapt to them. I see traits that we can help Case be the best he can be. That’s our job as an offense and the players around him to empower him and really play confident like he was in Minnesota.”

    On modernizing the offense: “I think the game is always evolving. It can touch on a lot of things. There’s a perception that college football has evolved in a completely different direction than the NFL and that’s trickling into our game. So there are those fresh ideas which you’re starting to see with the RPOs and different things people are doing and that can help the quarterback. … I respect Kyle Shanahan as much as anyone I’ve been around as a coach. His mind is brilliant. I’ve learned so much from him. But the reality of it is that he is always evolving every year. … We’ll take that same approach.”


    I am super excited !!

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    On quarterback Case Keenum: “I’m excited to work with Case. We were not in the market for a quarterback in San Fransisco last year, but he was a free agent and I did my due diligence (scouting) on him. He really played outstanding in Minnesota (the year before). He was a big part of helping them get to where they got in that NFC Championship game. He’s gritty, he’s a winner, he’s competitive and you could see that on the film. … Each (quarterback) is a little unique and you have to adapt to them. I see traits that we can help Case be the best he can be. That’s our job as an offense and the players around him to empower him and really play confident like he was in Minnesota.”
    CK requires a lot of 'adaptation'. I hope Rich can do it or it will be another long season of groaning about QB ineptitude.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,638
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    CK requires a lot of 'adaptation'. I hope Rich can do it or it will be another long season of groaning about QB ineptitude.
    I really think he's just being 'politically correct' (lying) about how and what he feels about Keenum.


    Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,049
    He had Mullen’s watch and study Case. He must see something in Case. After the interview today if he or Ed shine they will be a HC next year.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    3,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I really think he's just being 'politically correct' (lying) about how and what he feels about Keenum.
    If you are a coach in the NFL, and bad-mouth the players who you have under contract, then you won't be a coach long. We will find out in Free Agency and the Draft what conclusions the Broncos coaching staff have come up with conccerning the QB situation and Keenum, in particular. It's way too early, now. But yeah, I saw Scangarello speaking in terms of getting Keenum back to where he was in Minnesota. We'll know more at the end of April.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,311
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    CK requires a lot of 'adaptation'. I hope Rich can do it or it will be another long season of groaning about QB ineptitude.
    I don't by any means think Case is a better than average QB, but he can play at an average level with an OC that properly uses him. We didn't properly utilize him last year so we got far below average play out of him.

    We still need to replace him, but if we're stuck with him starting for one more year, he can play at a higher level. I think if we run a Kyle Shannahan style of offense, Case will be right at home in that system.


  15. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,638
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    If you are a coach in the NFL, and bad-mouth the players who you have under contract, then you won't be a coach long. We will find out in Free Agency and the Draft what conclusions the Broncos coaching staff have come up with conccerning the QB situation and Keenum, in particular. It's way too early, now. But yeah, I saw Scangarello speaking in terms of getting Keenum back to where he was in Minnesota. We'll know more at the end of April.
    Yeah that was my point in saying he was just being "politically correct' cause what coach, especially a new coach, in their right mind is going to say less than positive things about a player...especially one that they may have to coach.


    Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •