Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Every single team that went with a veteran re-tread out of training camp with a young guy sitting behind them had moved on within the first month of the season. Case Keenum would of been on that list had Chad Kelly not been an idiot, and I don't see the point of wasting all of those valuable reps in camp and in the off-season on a guy who you know isn't going to be here long-term. Draft Rich a young quarterback to build the offense around, embrace the struggles of starting a rookie quarterback, and hope for development in year 1. I'll accept a 4-12 season if a young quarterback is being developed in the process, but a different approach needs to be taken this time around by Elway.
    "With the #10 pick of the NFL draft... the Denver Broncos select: Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma" - hopefully

-GB2

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I'm just feeling excited about my Broncos for the first time in a few years if this hiring happens. Things feel like it's happening up. Now we just need a QB and we're in the money.
    I'm feeling the same way.

We just need an actual starting-caliber/franchise-caliber QB to make it all come together.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    And why don't we trade for Mayfield, Wentz, or Mahommes?

Maybe it's because they all already have a job with teams that want to keep them.
    I think they meant why didn't we just hire Kyle 'when we had the chance to two off-seasons ago'.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    We probably should have. That being said, I'm very optimistic about our current coaching staff.
    Yep...and me too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Sure. I got it when I read it.

And why didn't we sign Bill Belichick when he left New York? And why didn't we, and every other team in the league, Draft Tom Brady? It's history. And it's ridiculous to look back with 20/20 hindsight and point out all the things that we should have done.
    It was reported that Kyle interviewed very well but as John admitted in the Peter King interview that he was already set on hiring Joseph. I think we all knew that at the time but if things go south with Fangio, I think John’s admittance of the poor process during the VJ hire will ultimately do him in!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Once everything is in place, I'm probably gonna make myself a new signature featuring Vangio, Scangarello and Donatell.

Just think of the new "talk" in the office in future. Like a trade or contract offer:

"I gave him an offer he couldn't refuse."

Or think of the confusion whenever one of them mentions "being a hit man"!!

So Kyle Shanahan Credits this guy for finding Nick Mullins. he was the driving factor for him ending up on the 49ers. which sounds good. he will have a high pick to find some one he thinks can fit his system. and he is good at finding QBs.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I think they meant why didn't we just hire Kyle 'when we had the chance to two off-seasons ago'.
    It was reported he wanted some personnel control.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It was reported he wanted some personnel control.
    Sounds a lot like Mike but you can’t blame him especially going into his first coaching gig while considering Elways draft history prior to 2018.

I think a lot of us would like the option to choose our own personnel, especially our first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch
    The Dutch are fine. It's their ovens you gotta watch out for...
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    So Kyle Shanahan Credits this guy for finding Nick Mullins. he was the driving factor for him ending up on the 49ers. which sounds good. he will have a high pick to find some one he thinks can fit his system. and he is good at finding QBs.
    Hopefully he doesn't fall for some 7th round or UDFA that he believes he can turn into something. Get him to pick out his favourite amongst the high ranked QBs and bring them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sounds a lot like Mike but you can’t blame him especially going into his first coaching gig while considering Elways draft history prior to 2018.

I think a lot of us would like the option to choose our own personnel, especially our first time around.
    IMHO Elway’s draft history is not as bad as some say. He’s on par with with “better than average GM’s” around the league for player retention and productivity of players drafted.
    Some of his drafts have been not so so great and some have been good. Overall it’s been better than average.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch
    What in the world could you have against the Dutch. They make awesome ovens....

Don't mess with the Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    Don't mess with the Dutch.

He is Austrian but I like where you going with it.