Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bring back TD Elway!

Bring him back to coach our young running backs.

Davis lives in California with his wife and 3 kids. Plus, he has never coached football. I doubt if we will be seeing that happen.

You'd first need him to some in a mentor coach like we did with d.Ware. If he does well then he'd get "promoted". Either that or he'd need to start college then move to the NFL..

Quote Originally Posted by Lavi View Post
    Bring him back to coach our young running backs.
    Where is this coming from?

I think heís happy working for the network and not likely making quite a bit more than a position coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Where is this coming from?

I think heís happy working for the network and not likely making quite a bit more than a position coach.
    Where is this coming from? I see how long you been here. Do not act like we have not seen just about every good former Bronco be asked to coach something by the posters on these boards.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    I think I will always be amazed by people thinking great players will be good coaches.

Magic Johnson tried it, didnít work.

If Terrell Davis wanted to be a coach, he probably would have shown some interest by now.

We just saw Joey Porter dismissed by the Steelers, presumably because he was contributing to a poor culture.

Coaching isnít for everyone, for various reasons.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Lol. Geez......

Let's bring back Bucky Dilts to coach the punters!

He went from not even expected to make the team to Superbowl MVP and 2000 yard rusher. John was pretty good at saying its TD's team now. And it seemed his team mates had a lot of respect for him. I don't think he wants to coach, But if he wanted to get his feet wet, or just come back here and there and spend time with the guys, I would jump on the chance. I'm sure he has some very valuable advice. I certainly wouldn''t make him the rb coach straight out of the gate, but I would find a way to have him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Where is this coming from? I see how long you been here. Do not act like we have not seen just about every good former Bronco be asked to coach something by the posters on these boards.
    That doesnít make it ok to toss random choices out there on the forum without providing any detail to support your suggestion.

Itís a ludicrous off the wall idea but since weíre on the subject, why not ask John Engleburger and Justin Bannan to come back and help coach the D-line or Willie Middlebrooks and Deltha ONeal to come back and coach the secondary.

They may not had been good players but does it matter? Whoís to say Davis would coach better than Quentin Griffin or Derek Lovelle...
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-18-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Let's bring back Bucky Dilts to coach the punters!
    I think he is dead.

Wow, you guys are harsh but I can understand the overall sentiment. Sure, being a former player doesn't guarantee success, but it's not a terrible idea to bring in T.D to help imo. Is it realistic? Who knows?

Thanks for the thread Lavi.

TD seems to enjoy being with the NFL Network again. We will most likely see him at training camp doing our coverage again

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    That doesn’t make it ok to toss random choices out there on the forum without providing any detail to support your suggestion.

It’s a ludicrous off the wall idea but since we’re on the subject, why not ask John Engleburger and Justin Bannan to come back and help coach the D-line or Willie Middlebrooks and Deltha ONeal to come back and coach the secondary.

They may not had been good players but does it matter? Who’s to say Davis would coach better than Quentin Griffin or Derek Lovelle...
    Yep its LUDICROUS to think a RB who went for 2000 yds, was SB MVP and is a HOFer could help our young backs in any way at all.Just LUDICROUS............

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Davis lives in California with his wife and 3 kids. Plus, he has never coached football. I doubt if we will be seeing that happen.
    I agree, it's fairly obvious TD is not a coach and isn't trying to become one. I do think his time around the facility is inspirational and worthwhile, and, I believe he does that quite often. He is a true Bronco gem,