Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Not sure Greedy Williams will be there at 10. Baker will be....If Greedy is gone, we should trade back with Miami and take Baker....unless the top brass feel their QB is there....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Kiper is bad baker is a round 2 prospect if your looking for a cb at 10 your looking for either murphy or Williams. no other CB is worth it this draft.
    In your opinion. In Kiper’s opinion Baker is worthy of being selected at #10 instead of in the second round. Maybe a case of beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

I have no clue if either of you has the “correct” opinion. I will likely be just as adamant about my opinion of the direction or players that I think the Broncos should be choosing this offseason.

It is fun to speculate but in the end the only opinion that truly counts is Elway’s when he makes that call on draft day.

Baker is absolutely a 1st round player. He’s the complete package at CB.

I think I would prefer Murphy, but we need a denzel Ward type, so if Baker is the answer.

Personally, tho, I think a disruptive interior presence is a bigger need... Oliver, Williams, Simmons, Wilkins... and, of course, a qB (Lock or Jones)... even ILB or OL...

We have so many needs, we cannot reach in the first. Draw up our big board of our top 10 favorite prospects and take top guy left in the board. Don’t think.

Would Make sense to trade down with wAS, who wants a qB, and get a CB at 15 and add draft capital for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I think I would prefer Murphy, but we need a denzel Ward type, so if Baker is the answer.

Personally, tho, I think a disruptive interior presence is a bigger need... Oliver, Williams, Simmons, Wilkins... and, of course, a qB (Lock or Jones)... even OL...

Would Make sense to trade down with wAS, who wants a qB, and get a CB at 15 and add draft capital for 2020.
    I agree, I think you only take a CB in the top 10 if he’s a transcendent player like Talib. Baker is good but I would prefer we take him in the middle of the 1st.

This is the problem with drafting for need, you reach for players like we did under Shannahan far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I agree, I think you only take a CB in the top 10 if he’s a transcendent player like Talib. Baker is good but I would prefer we take him in the middle of the 1st.

This is the problem with drafting for need, you reach for players like we did under Shannahan far too often.
    I think our choice will come down to Oliver, Wilkins, Lock or Jones. If all 4 are gone, then we go Devin White or top OL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Exactly....I keep hearing wait until 2020 which is the craziest thing ever. That draft is not that deep and who is to say we would be in a good spot to even get them. Crazy.
    Others just hear what other people say and roll with it.

This QB class is probably better than last years, at least depth wise. After the top 5 last year, the QB's really dropped off. You still have guys like Finley, Thorson, Stidham, among others.

Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson vs Haskins, Grier, Lock, Jones and Murray isnt much of a dropoff. And yes, we dont know where Denver is gonna pick next year. Maybe Fangio gets the defense up and rolling, they add some key FA's, get better health wise and make the playoffs. Then you have to trade extreme draft capital for a SHOT at Herbert or Tua. Next years class isnt this deep. Get one now, and let the chips fall where they may. Taking QB's is like baseball, you dont go for the single, you keep going for the homerun until you get it.

Some of them arent perfect but it's not 2013 level bad like some make it seem it is.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I think our choice will come down to Oliver, Wilkins, Lock or Jones. If all 4 are gone, then we go Devin White or top OL.
    None of these OL are worth a top 10 pick. Wilkins or Oliver i wouldnt use a top 10 pick on. Devin White yes, none of the corners are worth a top 10 pick that will be there. I still suspect they go QB after the moves being mad, just hard to not see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Kiper is bad baker is a round 2 prospect if your looking for a cb at 10 your looking for either murphy or Williams. no other CB is worth it this draft.
    I disagree on Baker being a round 2 prospect. It is tough to know without seeing the CBs run and workout. I am a big fan of tape, but measurables (especially quickness and top end speed) matter at CB. If Baker runs a 4.4 or lower, I think he is on the radar for round 1. If he runs in the 4.5 range I agree he is round 2-3 especially with his frame. I completely understand why Greedy will go earlier but I think Baker is the better cover guy. I love Murphy as well. My personal preference, before seeing them run, is Murphy over Baker. I believe there will be at least 3 CBs taken in round 1-- if they run fast.

No disagreement on Kiper. He is often way off with several guys each draft.

No thanks, re-sign Roby and go get Bryce Callahan. I feel comfortable with Harris, Callahan, Roby, and Yiadom. We HAVE to take a QB at 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Funny how some think this is a weak qb draft. I wonder if they say it bc they actually watch or bc that's what they hear others such as analysis, other people say it is.
    I agree, Haskins and Lock look legit to me. I’m not to big on Grier or Jones at 10 but I think they’ll be the top two available with Haskins and Lock gone so a CB would be the logical choice however I don’t expect Greedy Williams to be there either though.

See we are missing a top tier CB, LT,ILB,QB and an elite NT.

I believe Harris is better suited as a NT/DE hybrid. For me I think we are really missing a true beast who can stuff the run and collapse the pocket at the DT/NT position. Another 8nteresting option would be a true burner at WR like T.Hill of KC. We have great options with size but we need another guy with speed as Sanders is not getting younger.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    No thanks, re-sign Roby and go get Bryce Callahan. I feel comfortable with Harris, Callahan, Roby, and Yiadom. We HAVE to take a QB at 10.
    ew. MORE TRASH coverage this year again? no upgrades any where. Roby got exposed and is not worth a fraction of what he will make on the FA market.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Others just hear what other people say and roll with it.

This QB class is probably better than last years, at least depth wise. After the top 5 last year, the QB's really dropped off. You still have guys like Finley, Thorson, Stidham, among others.

Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson vs Haskins, Grier, Lock, Jones and Murray isnt much of a dropoff. And yes, we dont know where Denver is gonna pick next year. Maybe Fangio gets the defense up and rolling, they add some key FA's, get better health wise and make the playoffs. Then you have to trade extreme draft capital for a SHOT at Herbert or Tua. Next years class isnt this deep. Get one now, and let the chips fall where they may. Taking QB's is like baseball, you dont go for the single, you keep going for the homerun until you get it.

Some of them arent perfect but it's not 2013 level bad like some make it seem it is.

This is a real stretch. I agree with most analysts that last years class had multiple guys that were not only projected to be starters but potential pro bowl or all pro type of players. This year... Not so much. I would be shocked if this years class comes anywhere near last years. Every guy this year (with the possible exception of Haskins) comes with significant risks. Most will have a second to third round grade and will be over drafted because of the value at the position. If Lock tests as good as most think he will he will rise to a first round grade also. Mason Rudolf and Luke Falk would be in the discussion to crack this top 5...Just my opinion of course.

None of the guys this year would be in the Darnold / Mayfield discussion for #1