Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    I guess Elway couldn’t win a super bowl in the old era either.
    But Elway did...2 even. Hey Brady won 5 he just did it in the "Sally" era. Its not his fault its just the truth.
    Last edited by Assassin27; 01-23-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Ty Law rule helped Manning win a Super Bowl (finally!)

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/1/6/...ange-the-rules
    I am not going to click on a link ran by a pansy fan, itís all biased Info like that other stupid page (your team cheats too/New England where we condone cheating) made by Pansy fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    But Elway did...2 even. Hey Brady won 5 he just did it in the "Sally" era. Its not his fault its just the truth.
    Wrong, Brady got sacked 41 times in 2001, more than Elway did in 1997 or 1998. And he won a super bowl in 2001, only 3 years after Elway won his last. The rules were not that much different in 2001. Maybe a little but letís not act as if the new NFL started in 2001. And by the way, Brady has been sacked almost as much as Elway and others who played in the so-called old era.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_career.htm
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-23-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Wrong, Brady got sacked 41 times in 2001, more than Elway did in 1997 or 1998. And he won a super bowl in 2001, only 3 years after Elway won his last. The rules were not that much different in 2001.
    Yes but they still recorded the opposition practices.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...hings-to-know/

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs07/n...ory?id=3227245

you like the post links to articles, well OK hereís a dose of your own medicine but these are from credible sources put out by the NFL and ESPN, not some biased Pansy writer!

Wrong, Brady got sacked 41 times in 2001, more than Elway did in 1997 or 1998. And he won a super bowl in 2001, only 3 years after Elway won his last. The rules were not that much different in 2001.
    Brady could never move Elway could.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Exactly! That's why I do not recognize brady as the goat. Never will. Brady is nowhere near the top when it comes to being pressured. He has never impressed with his ability to make things happen on the run. If messed with, he caves. I loved Montana. I also think Elway had the complete game. And I ask, how broken would brady be with a porous Oline?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Exactly! That's why I do not recognize brady as the goat. Never will. Brady is nowhere near the top when it comes to being pressured. He has never impressed with his ability to make things happen on the run. If messed with, he caves. I loved Montana. I also think Elway had the complete game. And I ask, how broken would brady be with a porous Oline?
    There is no question that Elway was physically more gifted than Brady. But Brady has better accuracy and mental awareness than Elway ever did. This is why he continues to play at 41 (and will likely play until 45). He does not rely on pure physical strength to be a great QB, something which deteriorates as you age. With Brady it's all heart and the mental awareness. He has taken the 5th most sacks out of any QB in NFL history, yet you Broncos fans claim he has no toughness and then blame it on his inability to run. Montana was known for having "chicken legs" and was not a great runner either. Then you ask how would Brady fare with a porous offensive line. This tells me you don't watch too many Patriots games. Look no further than the 2013 and 2015 AFCCG and tell me that Brady didn't take a beating behind a poor offensive line.

BTW, Elway came out this week and said Brady was the GOAT. Sorry to inform you.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-23-2019 at 08:03 PM.

What a nice thread about the rival of our rival on our board.
    Whoever said Patriots fans weren't klassy?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I think Patrick Mahomes has the potential of taking Elway's crown.
    With about one year under his belt, Mahomes clearly outplayed Brady in the AFC Championship.

I'm so confused on the arguments being brought to the table...... First Brady played in the old era, (no). Then Elway didn't, (no). Drastic rule changes started in 2001 to benefit the QB and offense, PERIOD. Then somewhere out of the blue, the amount of sacks QB's take matters with the discussion that was started? (no). Then something about Ty Law and Manning showed up, like you think its going to get us going?? Nobody cares. It's still part of, as Assassin stated, The "Sally" era.

This conversation continues to move around until something sticks I guess........ The rules changed, creating a passing league that HAS benefited Brady, Brees, Manning, Rivers, etc.......
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 01-24-2019 at 07:59 AM.

I'd also like to add.....

I had to research the accuracy aspect you brought up between Brady and Elway. Here's what I've found out.................

ESPN did a study in 2017 on short passes vs. beyond the sticks. In weeks 1-13, QB's threw 672 passes under 10 yards @ 72.3% and 390 passes over 10 yards @ 42.8%. This trend started in the pass happy "Sally" era in the early 2000's because it's an effective method. It's explained as an extended running game, if you've never heard that term. In 2004 a study was done on short passing in the NFL. Guess which QB threw the highest percentage of short passes, (1-10 yards)??? Anyone? If you guess Tom Brady, you are correct!!! He is averaging 58.3% of his passes within the 1-10 yard range and maintains that every year, (next gen stats) There's been several articles as well that state Brady throws the worse long ball but is the best under 10 yards.

Therefore the conclusion of my thesis, (LOL), is that Brady has had better accuracy due to the short passes and the era where the receivers aren't being draped on all the way down the field leaving smaller windows for completion!!

*This is not a knock on his success, just some fact checking*

There is no question that Elway was physically more gifted than Brady. But Brady has better accuracy and mental awareness than Elway ever did. This is why he continues to play at 41 (and will likely play until 45). He does not rely on pure physical strength to be a great QB, something which deteriorates as you age. With Brady it's all heart and the mental awareness. He has taken the 5th most sacks out of any QB in NFL history, yet you Broncos fans claim he has no toughness and then blame it on his inability to run. Montana was known for having "chicken legs" and was not a great runner either. Then you ask how would Brady fare with a porous offensive line. This tells me you don't watch too many Patriots games. Look no further than the 2013 and 2015 AFCCG and tell me that Brady didn't take a beating behind a poor offensive line.

Uh you just proved their point, Brady has all this protection, all these league rules to protect him yet heís still an ass that has eaten turf far more than he should had.

Ya thatís better awareness

As for accuracy, Elway had to hold onto the ball until somebody got open because defenders had a lot more freedom in the past, It was none of this quick out crap. Even Montana said ďthe longer you hold the ball the harder it is to find an open receiverĒ. However guys like Elway and Montana went deep, they didnít pad their stats with these little Pansy Josh McDummy 10 yards or under passes.

Brady has all the rules in place to aid him, heís had longevity with his HC and OC and quick out designs perfect for a sad little weasel that hasnít been hit as much these last couple of years because of rule changes but if he is hit a lot, Then what does that say for his awareness after all these rules are in place to protect him?

We are not stupid we can see how Brady has spent the last 20 years and padding
    his little stats. You are the only one trying to convince people otherwise, youíre trying to convince them that their eyes are lying to them but no one is going to buy your garbage just to support a weak argument.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-24-2019 at 08:09 AM.

I mean at this point. I hate the guys guts...but I think we're nearing the point where it's getting harder to deny his goathood.

He's still a glorified system QB, but....in the system he's in, he's done more than any other QB even if it makes me want to throw up to admit it...

That said, I still put Elway on a high pedestal. He played in a far harder era of the NFL... Brady wouldn't have lasted 10 years in Elway's league and he wouldn't have the rings he has.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 01-24-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I mean at this point. I hate the guys guts...but I think we're nearing the point where it's getting harder to deny his goathood.

He's still a glorified system QB, but....in the system he's in, he's done more than any other QB even if it makes me want to throw up to admit it...

That said, I still put Elway on a high pedestal. He played in a far harder era of the NFL... Brady wouldn't have lasted 10 years in Elway's league and he wouldn't have the rings he has.
    I agree completely with this statement!!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2ACA&FORM=VIRE

this is what the early years of elways career was like

late hit going out of bounds, no flag

today that guy would have been tossed out of the game, suspended, fined and the league would make another rule change if it was brady
    Last edited by arapaho; 01-24-2019 at 04:08 PM.