View Poll Results: Who Are you Rooting for in SB 53?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pats

3 15.79%
  • Rams

13 68.42%
  • Don't Care/Will not Watch

3 15.79%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    For all the accomplishments SBs, records and so on the Pats have achieved, Deflategate, Spygate the Tuck Rule and everything else will always be apart of their legacy. In a 100 years from now when the Pats are talked about for their accomplishments all the baggage will be talked about with it. Pats fans need to get it through their heads that it was the Pats themselves that created the negative parts of their legacy as much as the positive. They did it to themselves. Blame them not Rodger Goodell, the media or other fans. They wanted to walk the fine line and their legacy will always say so.

ok now I will talk about the SB
    Last edited by Assassin27; 01-27-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

This Rams team kind of reminds me of the 2001 Pats. Rams not getting any respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    For all the accomplishments SBs, records and so on the Pats have achieved, Deflategate, Spygate the Tuck Rule and everything else will always be apart of their legacy. In a 100 years from now when the Pats are talked about for their accomplishments all the baggage will be talked about with it. Pats fans need to get it through their heads that it was the Pats themselves that created the negative parts of their legacy as much as the positive. They did it to themselves. Blame them not Rodger Goodell, the media or other fans. They wanted to walk the fine line and their legacy will always say so.

Unfortunately for you and the other haters, no one cares anymore

This Rams team kind of reminds me of the 2001 Pats. Rams not getting any respect.
    Except the Pats played the Rams in the 2001 regular season and made adjustments the second time around. We got a glimpse of Faulk, Warner, etc. before the super bowl. This time both teams dont have a feel for each other.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-27-2019 at 10:40 AM.

For reasons that have nothing to do with football,
    I am rooting for New England. (Sorry CJ Anderson)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    It doesn't matter what you think - his teammates believed him and the team got 2 more super bowls out of it. Now I suggest you move on to discussing the super bowl, the topic of this thread.
    On record his teammates are biased, on record some nfl analysts are biased. Off record is a different story. Go ask Kurt Warner, Donovan McKnabb how they really feel about brady and the patriots!

I'm guessing the Pats legacy will be fine, but tIme will tell Assassin. Granted, I won't be around in 100 years - or even 50 for that matter, but I don't think it'll take that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    On record his teammates are biased, on record some nfl analysts are biased. Off record is a different story. Go ask Kurt Warner, Donovan McKnabb how they really feel about brady and the patriots!
    His teammates would have known if Tom did something nefarious. That's the point I was making. They saw deflategate for what it was and it produced two super bowls.
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none)

First of all, calling out the mods is against the COC.

Second, I’ll take the word of an MIT professor over that of a 10 year old.
    It doesn't matter what you think - his teammates believed him and the team got 2 more super bowls out of it. Now I suggest you move on to discussing the super bowl, the topic of this thread.

Hey Assassin....funny how this patsies dude continues to visit us, and in a smack thread tries to get us in trouble, as in "loosely" referring to the COC (given it is doubtful the person he referred to was seriously calling out mods), and then hints that we are derailing this smack thread. As if smack is reality, and as if anyone who goes into smack thinking that derailing a wee bit is a crime.

OK tommy little boy, this is about SBs. Assassin nailed it....the patsies made their messy bed and have to own it, They cheat so many times, that we know of, and get caught so many times (even though they are probably guilty of so much more...where's there's continuous smoke, yadda yadda), that it really matters not if they win another SB. Hey, they got some. I don't really care. They cheated many times, plus they have some real personality issues. And if someone luvs a pretty boy, who talks a good story but whines as loud as anyone when he gets touched, well, good on you.

Here's the deal. I never liked The Steelers when they won often. Or The Cowboys. But time flies by, and decades from now the patsies will be remembered by some folks, but it won't matter as much, because I hardly think about The Steelers or The Cowboys, and their SB years. Folks will care about who is playing now. And sure, they will get their rings, and their HoF recognition.....but most folks I hang with do not care. We don't like 'em, and they will fade like everything else. But what won't fade are the "question marks" surrounding them. It will go like this...."The patsies were a winning team, that cheated a lot. Led by a grumpy coach, and a pretty QB, who refs seemed to baby because he whined at the thought of being tackled."

As for this SB.....if the patsies win....just another number. But if The Rams win, it will be meaningful. A bright young HC, with a quality team, including the best defensive player in the game.. And yes, CJ and Talib. Go Rams!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-27-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

As for this SB.....if the patsies win....just another number. But if The Rams win, it will be meaningful. A bright young HC, with a quality team, including the best defensive player in the game.. And yes, CJ and Talib. Go Rams!!
    The Rams don't even deserve to be in it. You know it and I know. I'm not saying they won't play well, but to call it meaningful is a bit much.

not rooting for either team, i can't stand both but the pats will win of course.

Welcome Back! #85

The Rams don't even deserve to be in it. You know it and I know. I'm not saying they won't play well, but to call it meaningful is a bit much.
    Sorry that you disagree...…

Why do they not deserve to be in it?

Why is "meaningful" a bit much?

Unfortunately for you and the other haters, no one cares anymore
    If you didn't care you wouldn't have responded

Pats didn't deserve to be in it in 2001. Most of us know that. Maybe the Rams will play like the Pats did in 2001.

Pats didn't deserve to be in it in 2001. Most of us know that. Maybe the Rams will play like the Pats did in 2001.
    Why? Because the ref made a ruling consistent with the rules at the time?