View Poll Results: Who Are you Rooting for in SB 53?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pats

    3 15.79%
  • Rams

    13 68.42%
  • Don't Care/Will not Watch

    3 15.79%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 137
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Threads get closed and called stupid when they diverge so far off and away from the topic. Even for a snack that is no small eat.
    Fixed it for you......sorry Ras, had to make something silly out of it. My baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!


  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,002
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    First of all, calling out the mods is against the COC.

    Second, I’ll take the word of an MIT professor over that of a 10 year old.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    MIT is perhaps the best engineering/science university in the world. It is far better than the company the NFL hired, whose claims were already disproven.

    Rastic, you can go ahead and close down the thread. :smile:
    Geez tommy boyish....with all due respect to the mods, you sure seem to be acting like an overly law abiding citizen here. If you are, I guess I missed that class (make that semester).

    You may not know it, but you can "report" posts, rather than publicly try to win a silly debate using them as your backup team....which they are not.

    Watching brady too much, and his constant whining to the refs.
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-25-2019 at 06:40 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,812
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Fixed it for you......sorry Ras, had to make something silly out of it. My baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

    Haha.

    Still not as bad as EM and his Super Bowl LII thread

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Haha.

    Still not as bad as EM and his Super Bowl LII thread
    Heck if I started that thread, I probably would have had to keep it simple, like This Year's Super Bowl. My dates are outdated!!!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,962
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    MIT is perhaps the best engineering/science university in the world. It is far better than the company the NFL hired, whose claims were already disproven.
    They were not disproven, just look at the raw science --which is what you P*nsy pseudo-physicists have been whining for people to do.

    While MIT has merit, it's not-so-coincidentally in P*ts heartland. You are also making an invalid argumentum ad verecundiam here, a form of defeasible argument in which a claimed authority's support is used as evidence for an argument's conclusion. It is well known as a fallacy -- particularly it's use in science.

    Scientific knowledge is best established by evidence and experiment rather than argued through authority as authority has no place in science. Carl Sagan wrote of arguments from authority:

    "One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority." ... Too many such arguments have proved too painfully wrong. Authorities must prove their contentions like everybody else."

    --which Exponent most certainly did with scientific experiments that replicated the conditions as detailed in the "A Gillette Stadium Simulator" section of the article.

    Last edited by L.M.; 01-25-2019 at 09:42 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,753
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    They were not disproven, just look at the raw science --which is what you P*nsy pseudo-physicists have been whining for people to do.

    While MIT has merit, it's not-so-coincidentally in P*ts heartland. You are also making an invalid argumentum ad verecundiam here, a form of defeasible argument in which a claimed authority's support is used as evidence for an argument's conclusion. It is well known as a fallacy -- particularly it's use in science.

    Scientific knowledge is best established by evidence and experiment rather than argued through authority as authority has no place in science. Carl Sagan wrote of arguments from authority:

    "One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority." ... Too many such arguments have proved too painfully wrong. Authorities must prove their contentions like everybody else."

    --which Exponent most certainly did with scientific experiments that replicated the conditions as detailed in the "A Gillette Stadium Simulator" section of the article.

    Sorry, MIT cannot be dismissed simply because it is based in Mass. Those MIT professor(s) put their reputations on the line with their public comments, something which is far more important to them than their alleged fandom to the Pats. If they say something blatantly false, they will be ridiculed by scientific community. Exponent does NOT have the same reputation as MIT and its methods were called into question.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-26-2019 at 04:19 AM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    They were not disproven, just look at the raw science --which is what you P*nsy pseudo-physicists have been whining for people to do.

    While MIT has merit, it's not-so-coincidentally in P*ts heartland. You are also making an invalid argumentum ad verecundiam here, a form of defeasible argument in which a claimed authority's support is used as evidence for an argument's conclusion. It is well known as a fallacy -- particularly it's use in science.

    Scientific knowledge is best established by evidence and experiment rather than argued through authority as authority has no place in science. Carl Sagan wrote of arguments from authority:

    "One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority." ... Too many such arguments have proved too painfully wrong. Authorities must prove their contentions like everybody else."

    --which Exponent most certainly did with scientific experiments that replicated the conditions as detailed in the "A Gillette Stadium Simulator" section of the article.

    ideal Gas Law
    Ideal Gas Law
    Ideal Gas Law

    Why is this so hard to understand? 21 professors of physics and engineering from across the United States signed an Amicus Brief stipulating the lower PSI levels of those footballs are explained by the Ideal Gas Law. Additionally, if the balls had been deflated below NFL standards, the halftime results would have been much lower.

    I understand nothing will change people's minds at this point - but those same people need to understand science stands against them.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoot...tom-brady/amp/

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    ideal Gas Law
    Ideal Gas Law
    Ideal Gas Law

    Why is this so hard to understand? 21 professors of physics and engineering from across the United States signed an Amicus Brief stipulating the lower PSI levels of those footballs are explained by the Ideal Gas Law. Additionally, if the balls had been deflated below NFL standards, the halftime results would have been much lower.

    I understand nothing will change people's minds at this point - but those same people need to understand science stands against them.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoot...tom-brady/amp/
    Don’t bother. They will not know what the ideal gas law, Guy Lusac’s law, or an amicus brief is. All they know to say is "Da Reffzzz helped the Patriots!"
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 01-26-2019 at 10:49 AM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,826
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Don’t bother. They will not know what the ideal gas law, Guy Lusac’s law, or an amicus brief is. All they know is Da Reffzzz helped the Patriots.
    That's nice and all, except there was no controlled environment or test. There is no denying Ideal gas law is a legitimate fact, but your team certainly wasn't vindicated by it. After 30 minutes of football, some of those balls were wet, some were handled, etc....lots of different factors then just a simple "air pressure can drop".

    It's a shame too, Tom Brady is likely just as good no matter what the ball is like.......even if the "next time it's a watermelon".

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,753
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    That's nice and all, except there was no controlled environment or test. There is no denying Ideal gas law is a legitimate fact, but your team certainly wasn't vindicated by it. After 30 minutes of football, some of those balls were wet, some were handled, etc....lots of different factors then just a simple "air pressure can drop".

    It's a shame too, Tom Brady is likely just as good no matter what the ball is like.......even if the "next time it's a watermelon".
    No experiment, not even the one done by Exponent, could replicate the ALL the conditions at Gillette that night.

    The fact that the NFL randomly tested the PSI of footballs in 2015 and did not release the results are telling...perhaps because the league found out they were wrong about Brady the whole time. Oh well, the team rallied around him and won 2 super bowls.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,002
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    They were not disproven, just look at the raw science --which is what you P*nsy pseudo-physicists have been whining for people to do.

    While MIT has merit, it's not-so-coincidentally in P*ts heartland. You are also making an invalid argumentum ad verecundiam here, a form of defeasible argument in which a claimed authority's support is used as evidence for an argument's conclusion. It is well known as a fallacy -- particularly it's use in science.

    Scientific knowledge is best established by evidence and experiment rather than argued through authority as authority has no place in science. Carl Sagan wrote of arguments from authority:

    "One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority." ... Too many such arguments have proved too painfully wrong. Authorities must prove their contentions like everybody else."

    --which Exponent most certainly did with scientific experiments that replicated the conditions as detailed in the "A Gillette Stadium Simulator" section of the article.

    You owned him at "hello".

    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    That's nice and all, except there was no controlled environment or test. There is no denying Ideal gas law is a legitimate fact, but your team certainly wasn't vindicated by it. After 30 minutes of football, some of those balls were wet, some were handled, etc....lots of different factors then just a simple "air pressure can drop".

    It's a shame too, Tom Brady is likely just as good no matter what the ball is like.......even if the "next time it's a watermelon".
    Because cheaters going cheat. And then lie, and then whine...….not the wonderful swell guy lots of folks think. Not to mention Belicheat….who controls everything but somehow knows nothing about those skinny balls. Classic case of leaders who take all the glory, but do not remember a thing when their team breaks the rules/law.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,826
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    No experiment, not even the one done by Exponent, could replicate the ALL the conditions at Gillette that night.

    The fact that the NFL randomly tested the PSI of footballs in 2015 and did not release the results are telling...perhaps because the league found out they were wrong about Brady the whole time. Oh well, the team rallied around him and won 2 super bowls.
    That's exactly right, you can't replicate the exact conditions.......but that doesn't stop you southie Scientists from submitting that answer at every opportunity. In fact, one of your cousins just started his post regurgitating it three times. You guys are like dogs jumping at the doorbell.

    But that's old news......Brady has demonstrated that despite any advantages he and the team may have taken advantage of, he is STILL the best in business.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,753
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    That's exactly right, you can't replicate the exact conditions.......but that doesn't stop you southie Scientists from submitting that answer at every opportunity. In fact, one of your cousins just started his post regurgitating it three times. You guys are like dogs jumping at the doorbell.

    But that's old news......Brady has demonstrated that despite any advantages he and the team may have taken advantage of, he is STILL the best in business.
    See now it's clear you are hating. Southie scientists? The professors who signed onto that Amicus Brief cited by Mainrxvil were from all over the country, not just Massachusetts.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,002
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    No experiment, not even the one done by Exponent, could replicate the ALL the conditions at Gillette that night.

    The fact that the NFL randomly tested the PSI of footballs in 2015 and did not release the results are telling...perhaps because the league found out they were wrong about Brady the whole time. Oh well, the team rallied around him and won 2 super bowls.
    tra la la....we all know that you folks are more special than us, so things are back as they should be. Ok dude...we get it. You are best in everything. Even you're water is better. Trouble is, after reading your stuff I start to not like The Red Sox, or The Celtics, or other teams (I already dislike The Bruins). Even the stellar Harvard is starting to give me some angst. You ruin it for all of us trying to like the great state of Massachusetts. Might have to cancel a future trip there, even though I have heard good things.....from others.

    BUT in fairness....through my long life, in spite of folks like you, I have been a huge Celtics fan, a huge Bruins / Bobby Orr fan, a big time Red Sox fan (Fred Lynn/Jim Rice days), and yes, a Patsies fan, back in the days of nothingness.
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-26-2019 at 12:14 PM.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,826
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    See now it's clear you are hating. Southie scientists? The professors who signed onto that Amicus Brief cited by Mainrxvil were from all over the country, not just Massachusetts.
    I think your misinterpreting who is in your group. Professors and Scientists have earned their (respected) titles. That is why no one argues the science behind the fluxuating pressure (Ideal gas law). But these guys aren't stating that nothing happened, just that it could happen and that science could prove it.

    Unfortunately "Deflategate" involved many factors and a controlled scientific experiment wasn't one of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •