Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Resurgence of Demarcus Walker?

Could the hiring of Fangio lead to the resurgence of Demarcus Walker? We know the kid has talent. Fangio is known to get the best out of his guys. There has been times on the field when walker got an opportunity that he would show sparks that he actually play. What are your thoughts?
    Go Hard or Go Home

Quote Originally Posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
    Could the hiring of Fangio lead to the resurgence of Demarcus Walker? We know the kid has talent. Fangio is known to get the best out of his guys. There has been times on the field when walker got an opportunity that he would show sparks that he actually play. What are your thoughts?
    I think Fangio is the best thing that could have happened for Demarcus Walker. I think Fangio will put Walker in the best position to succeed.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    I think Fangio is the best thing that could have happened for Demarcus Walker. I think Fangio will put Walker in the best position to succeed.
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
    "Resurgence" implies that Walker's football career will somehow be revived. The fact is, Walker has never been a factor from the day he was Drafted. And hoping that a new coaching staff will make a difference is kinda grasping at straws, IMO. If Walker could have helped VJ and the Broncos Defense, he would have been on the field. The Coaching staff was trying to hold onto their jobs, and would have loved it if Walker could have helped them do that. I don't think that our coaching staff from the last 2 years were "conspiring" to keep Walker off the field. I'm guessing that he is a complete and total bust.

But, I'm sure the new coaches will give Walker every opportunity to succeed. I'm just not going to hold my breath thinking that he will amount to anything.

Did I hear someone say ďDeMarcusĒ?

Was hoping for my guy to have another chance at this whole coaching gig.

So, Iíll go. But wait? Did I hear he has a job coaching the D lineman at the Senior Bow this year? Yippeeeeee!!!!

Nightly Nite Broncos fans. The dimples and the greatest smile on earth are bacccckkkkjj coaching in NFLl!!!!! lol
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 01-24-2019 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    "Resurgence" implies that Walker's football career will somehow be revived. The fact is, Walker has never been a factor from the day he was Drafted. And hoping that a new coaching staff will make a difference is kinda grasping at straws, IMO. If Walker could have helped VJ and the Broncos Defense, he would have been on the field. The Coaching staff was trying to hold onto their jobs, and would have loved it if Walker could have helped them do that. I don't think that our coaching staff from the last 2 years were "conspiring" to keep Walker off the field. I'm guessing that he is a complete and total bust.

But, I'm sure the new coaches will give Walker every opportunity to succeed. I'm just not going to hold my breath thinking that he will amount to anything.
    Adding Wade Phillips in 2015 worked wonders for Malik Jackson.

It could happen again for another player.

The previous coaching was atrocious with personnel management. Walker has flashed every time heís played. His rookie season was lost the moment they had him switch to OLB, bring in an actual edge rusher for that not an interior rusher whoís never played OLB before. They may not have actively conspired against him but they definitely didnít put him in a position to showcase why he was drafted in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    The previous coaching was atrocious with personnel management. Walker has flashed every time heís played. His rookie season was lost the moment they had him switch to OLB, bring in an actual edge rusher for that not an interior rusher whoís never played OLB before. They may not have actively conspired against him but they definitely didnít put him in a position to showcase why he was drafted in the 2nd round.

That also explains Von and Chubb being in coverage so much, terrible coaching by a couple guys who shouldn't coach a pop warner team. Never more happy to see someone leave town more than I am Joseph and Woods.

If the New coaching staff will make him active and give him some time to play and gain experience and maybe even develop, it will be a huge step in the right direction that he has not been able to get. Kinda hard to show anything from the bench. I may not hold my breath, but I'm gonna root for the guy. Actually assuming that the last coaching staff had any sort of clue is real the stretch for me. I'm happy to see fresh eyes in the building and hoping to see him get a chance and us get a chance to see him.

Personally I don't believe VJ or Woods could have developed Lawrence Taylor or Von Miller if he fell into their laps. I am sure glad they are far away from Von now.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 01-23-2019 at 07:15 PM.

I think new blood in the coaching staff will "wake up" a lot of the under performing Broncos on both side of the ball! We will see.

Walker has ridden the bench for 2 years. Maybe itís time to stop blaming everyone but Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Walker has ridden the bench for 2 years. Maybe itís time to stop blaming everyone but Walker.
    In 688 more snaps, Wolfe had .5 sack more than Walker. Harris is considered by many on here to be our best dlineman yet if you take out Walker and his 21 snaps, Harris played the least after having 5.5 sacks the previous season.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Walker has ridden the bench for 2 years. Maybe it’s time to stop blaming everyone but Walker.
    I think you're being unfair.
    Walker was drafted to play on the DL but due to injuries he played OLB.
    Now he's back to DL but this time under better coaching.
    Presently, I think he deserves more slack than anyone on the team.
    One more year should do it.

Our previous coaching staff was TERRIBLE at putting guys in the right spots that was best for them. I think Demarcus played 1 game on the Dline and he got a sack. Drafting a Dlineman and trying to make him thin down and put him as a OLB does NOT work. Why change a player when he was dominant at his natural position. Why mess that up. Why even draft him?Remember Jarvis Moss? WALKER DESERVES a second chance and I think he will have a good year next year and could even see him be the player WE thought he could be.

So are we saying the great Bill Kolar who gave us a stud line in many recent years misjudged Walker?

Gotsis turned out good, Harris got way better here, our front 4 is actually pretty good overall. But somehow Walker is miscoached?