Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    I think you're being unfair.
    Walker was drafted to play on the DL but due to injuries he played OLB.
    Now he's back to DL but this time under better coaching.
    Presently, I think he deserves more slack than anyone on the team.
    One more year should do it.
    You might be right, and I agree he gets a mulligan for the first year. I just donít understand why everyone blames coaching for him not being on the field last year.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
    So are we saying the great Bill Kolar who gave us a stud line in many recent years misjudged Walker?

Gotsis turned out good, Harris got way better here, our front 4 is actually pretty good overall. But somehow Walker is miscoached?

D-Lineman take a long time to develop...and that's when they get playing time, with feedback and coaching. Walker lost a year while being screwed out of his position. If I recall correctly the coaching staff admitted this, and it was posted on this site. So we've really got one season to judge him by and it's a season where the entire team fell apart in all three phases from top to bottom. I think he's going to get game day reps at DE this season and will show up as an impact player.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    "Resurgence" implies that Walker's football career will somehow be revived. The fact is, Walker has never been a factor from the day he was Drafted. And hoping that a new coaching staff will make a difference is kinda grasping at straws, IMO. If Walker could have helped VJ and the Broncos Defense, he would have been on the field. The Coaching staff was trying to hold onto their jobs, and would have loved it if Walker could have helped them do that. I don't think that our coaching staff from the last 2 years were "conspiring" to keep Walker off the field. I'm guessing that he is a complete and total bust.

But, I'm sure the new coaches will give Walker every opportunity to succeed. I'm just not going to hold my breath thinking that he will amount to anything.
    I am reading your comments and there is a heavy implication that Walker was being evaluated by competent coaches and above that creative and risk taking coaches. VJ & Woods are neither of those things. Walker is in that "Tweener" category who is a smaller yet effective DE. There will be times where he will get taken clear out of the game but there will be times where he can own the game. We are in dire need of a coaching staff who can assess the opponent and game plan using personnel, properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I am reading your comments and there is a heavy implication that Walker was being evaluated by competent coaches and above that creative and risk taking coaches. VJ & Woods are neither of those things. Walker is in that "Tweener" category who is a smaller yet effective DE. There will be times where he will get taken clear out of the game but there will be times where he can own the game. We are in dire need of a coaching staff who can assess the opponent and game plan using personnel, properly.
    If you are right, then Demarcus Walker should be a big factor in the Broncos future. Which would be great if he can play! We will see over the next few months if that happens. I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
    Could the hiring of Fangio lead to the resurgence of Demarcus Walker? We know the kid has talent. Fangio is known to get the best out of his guys. There has been times on the field when walker got an opportunity that he would show sparks that he actually play. What are your thoughts?
    i honestly feel that Walker is one of the guys who will Be most Benefited from Fangio. he fits what he wants at the DE position. and he has had flashes this last season.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I do not know that a new coaching staff can make one single player better. However, a new coaching staff can make a whole team better. If they can make the Broncos better and Walker is a part of that then great. If he isn't, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You might be right, and I agree he gets a mulligan for the first year. I just don’t understand why everyone blames coaching for him not being on the field last year.
    The Broncos website lists Derek Wolfe (7), Zach Kerr (5), Adam Gotsis (3) and DeMarcus Walker (2) designated at DE.

Walker now has (2) years under his belt, one at LB and one at DE.

Given the players involved and their experience, I can see an
    argument for his lack of PT.

Walker has ridden the bench for 2 years. Maybe itís time to stop blaming everyone but Walker.
    Malik Jackson did next to nothing his first 3 years in the league. And Walker was played out of position his first year, and the coaching staff got less than optimum play out of all the players, not just DeMarcus.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

You might be right, and I agree he gets a mulligan for the first year. I just don’t understand why everyone blames coaching for him not being on the field last year.
    What don't you understand? It's likely one of many mistakes that coaching staff made.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    The Broncos website lists Derek Wolfe (7), Zach Kerr (5), Adam Gotsis (3) and DeMarcus Walker (2) designated at DE.

Walker now has (2) years under his belt, one at LB and one at DE.

Given the players involved and their experience, I can see an
    argument for his lack of PT.
    I agree; Iím merely suggesting there are multiple things at play. He was out of position his first year and there is depth in front of him.

I personally donít think itís fair to put all of the blame on the coaching staff. Bill K is a very respected coach and is likely being brought back.
    I also agree that Walker might bloom this year.

I agree; Iím merely suggesting there are multiple things at play. He was out of position his first year and there is depth in front of him.

I personally donít think itís fair to put all of the blame on the coaching staff. Bill K is a very respected coach and is likely being brought back.
    I also agree that Walker might bloom this year.
    Kollar is back. That was announced within days of the Fangio hire.