Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I hate living in Boston today.

The Pats fans were insufferable before. Forget about it. It’s worse. Darn you Rams.

Darn you McVay. Don’t know what the heck you were doing out there but the moment was obviously too big for you.

Not so much the offensive genius everyone said you were. Horrible play calling. Just putrid.
    I'm with you. Living in New England is not fun today.I had to shut my phone off the text messages would not stop.

I have the day off today...thank god!!! But will have to deal with all the Pats fans tomorrow at work

McVay is a joke...That's all I have to say about him.

Hats off to Son of Bum. He had a great game plan!
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    agreed. Been that saying that for a long time. People saying they hate them now will be telling their grandkids in 40 years...Yea, I saw those 2000's Patriots play...they were GREAT!!! Best dynasty ever!!!
    Absolutely 110% can confirm I will never be doing that in my lifetime.

Just like non Steelers fans are not calling the 70s Steelers the best dynasty ever like they were happy to have seen them play.

What a boring super bowl. We had a little get together at our house with some friends and co-workers and I probably only watched about four plays total.

It's kind of funny seeing and hearing people's thoughts on the SB the day after. Lots of people upset about the game being boring. Maybe I am in a large minority but I actually enjoyed the game.

I enjoyed watching both offenses struggle bad, bigly, and worse and I enjoyed watching both defenses make plays when they needed to. I liked watching age overcome the upstart both in Belichick / McVay and Brady / Goff. I loved seeing the missed field goal and wondering if it would come down to the kickers in this game.

High scoring games are for sure fun but this, for me at least, was a different kind of fun: teams unexpectedly struggling and fighting to not make any big, game changing mistakes and score, neither team playing much to its strength. Phillips calling a great defense against Brady / Belichick and Flores calling a superb defense against Goff / McVay. In the end it came down to determination and experience. A much more mental side of football than we are used to.

It may not be the most glamorous SB, certainly not for the Patriots, but it was probably the most enjoyable win I have watched of theirs.

My only gripe is I believe Hightower should have been MVP. For all that Edelman did during the game he wasn't the difference maker on offense, a prayer thrown to Gronk with a LB in coverage did more for them on offense than all of Edelman's great routes and receptions. Hightower though was all over the field on defense and instrumental in shutting down the Rams offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    I'm with you. Living in New England is not fun today.I had to shut my phone off the text messages would not stop.

I have the day off today...thank god!!! But will have to deal with all the Pats fans tomorrow at work

McVay is a joke...That's all I have to say about him.

Hats off to Son of Bum. He had a great game plan!
    Ugh...I hate the Patriots with every fabric of my being...but I have to echo Butler that it was so refreshing watching McVay fall on his face.

Wish the NFL had let the Saints into the big game. Me thinks that would've been a better contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Ugh...I hate the Patriots with every fabric of my being...but I have to echo Butler that it was so refreshing watching McVay fall on his face.

Wish the NFL had let the Saints into the big game. Me thinks that would've been a better contest.
    I think the Saints would have won the SB if they didn't get robbed in the NFCCG.

Does it not seem like the Patriots are super beefed up for the playoffs/Super Bowl not to mention their 2nd half stamina strength/awareness? How do they roll as they do like the Seadderall Seahawks have seemingly untiring in the 2nd half while out manning (no pun intended) the competition in weight/strength/stamina/awareness? Plain simply diet/weights/strength & conditioning? Zen/yoga/oxygen/state of the art equipment/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    agreed. Been that saying that for a long time. People saying they hate them now will be telling their grandkids in 40 years...Yea, I saw those 2000's Patriots play...they were GREAT!!! Best dynasty ever!!!
    Not even close to the best dynasty ever. The Boston Celtics won 11 titles in 13 years. The Oilers won 5 Cups in 7 years. The Leaf won 6 Cups in 10 years. The Canadiens won 5 Cups in 5 years. The Islanders won 4 Cups in 4 years. The Lakers won 5 titles in 9 years. The Bulls won 6 titles in 8 years. The Packers won 5 titles in 7 years. The Steelers won 4 titles in 6 years. The 49ers won 4 titles in 9 years. The Yankees won 8 titles in 16 years. After that, they won 8 titles in 12 years. The UCLA Bruins won 10 titles in 12 years. Alabama won 5 titles in 9 years. The UConn Huskies won 8 titles in 15 years.

By the way, what's with the exclamation points? Are you happy or excited the Pats have done so well?
    Last edited by gerontion; 02-04-2019 at 09:42 AM.

I hated the Pats before and I will continue to Hate the Pats in the Future !! That is all...

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I hated the Pats before and I will continue to Hate the Pats in the Future !! That is all...
    I'm with you. I hated the Pats when they were bad I hate them now and in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    I think the Saints would have won the SB if they didn't get robbed in the NFCCG.
    If the Refs hadn't fixed the Chefs game it could have been a new era in Championshjp contention.

You realize that the last time the Pats didn't go to the finals we knocked them out in the AFCCG..
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    If the Refs hadn't fixed the Chefs game it could have been a new era in Championshjp contention.

You realize that the last time the Pats didn't go to the finals we knocked them out in the AFCCG..
    Thank god for our Broncos!

What a terrible game that was,.... ug....it now rivals the craptasticness of the giants/ravens superbowl , my least favourite one of all time....that doesn’t include the broncos losing
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

One thing continues to hold true. Wade Phillips owns Tom Brady. The Rams defense did their job and then some last night, very disappointed in their offensive effort. Makes me happy we went with a veteran defensive guy as HC and not some hot shot young offensive guy.

I don't think I heard Talib mentioned once, must have shut his side down...
    [