Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but when a team scores 3 points and puts up 260 total yards, after being a dominating offense all year, I find it hard to believe one holding call was the difference in things clicking for them. 421.1 yards per game, 32.1 points per game to 3 points and 260 yards, that's not one holding call that was the issue.
    The only meaningful holding call was McVay holding Gurley out of the playbook. Now THAT was egregious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    The only meaningful holding call was McVay holding Gurley out of the playbook. Now THAT was egregious.
    Totally disagree. I have no idea why some people keep harping on that. He had about 20% of their plays which isn't much less than many other games this season. The truth is, he was ineffective and that wouldn't have changed if he had another 10 carries. It wasn't the number of plays...they had to change the type of play they were running.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I do not believe you read the comments you responded to. The comments were to run the ball differently then what they did nearly all game. IN fact the one run play I remember which went outside CJ ended up with decent yardage. A few more runs like that or if CJ breaks one of his signature runs again BB then all of a sudden the Pats would be forced to adapt and move away from their initial game-plan. McVay simply didn't have a plan B or he just failed to go to it.

Lastly I was very disappointed in the no call in the end-zone on Cooks. His backstop arm was CLEARLY held. Yes I know we don't want ticky tack calls to be made all SB but the refs then proceeded to negate a 1st down by the Rams by calling "holding"....
    No calls on the DBacks was the order of the day. Virtually every pass that had a close defender there was some form of interference. They definitely let them play. Peters is very good at "gloving" the receiver - meaning he grabs inside his body and runs with the receiver while his hand is holding the receiver. Some games they let him get away with it, and that's what they did this game

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    No calls on the DBacks was the order of the day. Virtually every pass that had a close defender there was some form of interference. They definitely let them play. Peters is very good at "gloving" the receiver - meaning he grabs inside his body and runs with the receiver while his hand is holding the receiver. Some games they let him get away with it, and that's what they did this game
    and there is in almost every play so.... Unless there is an official for every receiver they aren't going to get called.....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Totally disagree. I have no idea why some people keep harping on that. He had about 20% of their plays which isn't much less than many other games this season. The truth is, he was ineffective and that wouldn't have changed if he had another 10 carries. It wasn't the number of plays...they had to change the type of play they were running.
    Goff was ineffective from the start and it was obvious early on he was blinded by the pressure. Use your MVP more. And 20% of the plays is misleading when your longest drive thru three quarters is 5 plays. They had more punts then he had touches until midway thru the last quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Goff was ineffective from the start and it was obvious early on he was blinded by the pressure. Use your MVP more. And 20% of the plays is misleading when your longest drive thru three quarters is 5 plays. They had more punts then he had touches until midway thru the last quarter.
    That's the main reason why Gurley had so few carries. It's hard to get a RB carries/yards when you can't sustain drives. They very well might have wanted to get him more carries but weren't in a position to do so.

That's the main reason why Gurley had so few carries. It's hard to get a RB carries/yards when you can't sustain drives. They very well might have wanted to get him more carries but weren't in a position to do so.
    Absolutely, and the reason they couldn't sustain any drives was the brilliance of that defense. I always had respect for a few of the Pats defenders, but after watching that game and the Championship game against the Chiefs it's no wonder that Pats defensive coach got a head coaching job. The way he used linebackers and DLinemen interchangeably and how they confused the Rams blockers was terrific. And, as Romo kept pointing out the way they rushed lanes upfield totally ruined the Rams cutback runs.
    Fangio has some of that same reputation and I hope we see it in action next season.

They weren't in a position to do so because McVay was completely out of his league and could not make the necessary adjustments. He even admitted he was out-coached.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    They weren't in a position to do so because McVay was completely out of his league and could not make the necessary adjustments. He even admitted he was out-coached.
    Exactly. You have two weeks to prepare. You have to know Belichick is going to look at what you have done previously and scheme it accordingly. If you canít come up with a plan to get your MVP more involved as a so called offensive guru, I donít know what to say.