Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Draft Simmons in 3rd or 4th. He’ll miss the season .... but is a first round talent. DAL Did this with that Lb from ND that’s good now.

Did they say he'd miss the season? Cause an ACL seems to be a 6 or 7 month recovery these days. He could be active at some point during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Lock doesn't fit what Gruden wants in a QB. Think back to Rich Gannon, the offence was all about short quick timed passes. A traditional West Coast Offense. Drew Lock is more what Al Davis used to want in a QB, a guy with a big arm who can go "vootical" if Gruden is dumb enough to pull the plug on Carr, I think he looks for his WCO QB.

That being said I think the 3 picks they have in the first round are all spent on defense. It might be 3 individual picks or using 2 to trade up and get 2 elite level defenders, but I think that's where he goes with it. I could see them going with an interior force as well as a good edge rusher.
    I think WR is a good bet for one of his top 4 picks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    That is after they stop drooling....
    We’d all be drooling too!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Lock doesn't fit what Gruden wants in a QB. Think back to Rich Gannon, the offence was all about short quick timed passes. A traditional West Coast Offense. Drew Lock is more what Al Davis used to want in a QB, a guy with a big arm who can go "vootical" if Gruden is dumb enough to pull the plug on Carr, I think he looks for his WCO QB.

That being said I think the 3 picks they have in the first round are all spent on defense. It might be 3 individual picks or using 2 to trade up and get 2 elite level defenders, but I think that's where he goes with it. I could see them going with an interior force as well as a good edge rusher.
    You make a great point, they’ve gotta replace Mack and Cooper and fast otherwise fan base will turn on Gruden even though they’ll be leaving Oakland soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The Cowboys drafted Jaylon Smith in the second round. I imagine Simmons will also have to be drafted that high if someone truly wants him.
    Depends on how many teams take him off their board completely for hitting that woman a few years back. I think that was a one time mistake though. He should be next in line on a growing list of high level interior pass rushers from MSST.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Depends on how many teams take him off their board completely for hitting that woman a few years back. I think that was a one time mistake though. He should be next in line on a growing list of high level interior pass rushers from MSST.
    Some will. But not all will. If he was projected top 10 before the injury that means people were willing to take the risk and ignore that. I don’t see that suddenly being an issue because he tore an acl.

Some teams may have never bothered to begin with. But I imagine some will still see the value as too talented to skip past second round.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Some will. But not all will. If he was projected top 10 before the injury that means people were willing to take the risk and ignore that. I don’t see that suddenly being an issue because he tore an acl.

Some teams may have never bothered to begin with. But I imagine some will still see the value as too talented to skip past second round.
    But they might think they can wait an extra round because of it but it only takes one team. He will probably still go in the 2nd round though, he’s just way too talented. He might still go in the first if a team feels they don’t need him immediately

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    But they might think they can wait an extra round because of it but it only takes one team. He will probably still go in the 2nd round though, he’s just way too talented. He might still go in the first if a team feels they don’t need him immediately
    Seems like knee injuries always cost guys first round just because he would miss all of camps and preseason at this point. Jaylon was more talented than Simmons is supposed to be and without any character flaws and still didn’t go first round. Though if i recall they thought his knee risk was potentially career ending for a month or two.

With Simmons likely not at that level of risk someone might still pounce early.

I would wait until the 5th round and pick Dayton Mack from TAMU. Former 5 star prospect, flashes Aaron Donald-like quickness and athleticism. Just needs to put it together consistently every snap and be more disciplined in his technique.

I see interior pressure as a high priority. We've seen plenty of what happens to the edge rush when the QB can step forward, and how suspect our coverage is when the QB has time. It's the only position we can draft (besides QB) that elevates multiple other positions - makes edge rush more effective and in doing so covers holes at LB and secondary. I like Harris, but he's not a pocket pusher - if he's blocked, he's neutralized. Nor is Peko. If Oliver is there, take him! But he probably won't be, in which case I'm OK taking the #1 player at any of the positions we need. There are plenty to choose from.

I still think Denver is going to get:
    RT James
    G Foster
    and either Mosley or the S Amos and CB Callahan( this will determine who we draft)

Denver is going to cut:
    Marshall
    Leary
    Stewart
    and trade/ release Keenum

Restructure/extend:
    Wolfe gets restructured. Making too much for little production
    CHJ gets an extension
    Billy Turner gets extended.

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    I see interior pressure as a high priority. We've seen plenty of what happens to the edge rush when the QB can step forward, and how suspect our coverage is when the QB has time. It's the only position we can draft (besides QB) that elevates multiple other positions - makes edge rush more effective and in doing so covers holes at LB and secondary. I like Harris, but he's not a pocket pusher - if he's blocked, he's neutralized. Nor is Peko. If Oliver is there, take him! But he probably won't be, in which case I'm OK taking the #1 player at any of the positions we need. There are plenty to choose from.
    He is the best interior pass rusher we have, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    and he knows to get his hands up when stopped... that counts for something.. I really hope they extend him..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    i have big hopes for walker. i feel he can be ideal in the nfl at a 3-4 DE spot. as a pass rush speciallist. i hope he gets used more. i feel he is due to break out soon.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    Agreed. On the opposite side of the equation, look at what a huge difference drafting Quenton Nelson had on the Indianapolis Colts. So many said that a guard wasn't worth a #5 or #6 draft position, but suddenly, Andrew Luck has a Renaissance season and goes from 40+ sacks per season to under 20 and is the least sacked QB in the NFL. He has a clean pocket to step into, and he was shredding defenses, again, instead of getting destroyed and going down with injuries. Yes, there was far more to the success to the Colts O-line improvements than Nelson, but he played like a beast and having a stable--or demolished--pocket to step into can make all of the difference. I could only imagine Denver's defensive front with the likes of Quinnen Williams or Oliver destroying the interior with Chubb and Miller coming from the edge.