Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    If I wanted him @ 10, and wanted him @ 20.....why wouldn't I want him @ 41. If we pass @ 41 and he's still there @ 52.....then take him there. Now, getting him in the second round, there wont be as much pressure to get him on the field as a 1st rounder brings. He can ride the pine for a year or two so we can see what Flacco has. AND, Flacco will not feel the pressure either.
    Well it worked out pretty close to your script!

I just hope drafting Lock inspires Flacco instead of anger him. After what happened in Baltimore, if I were Lock, I wouldn't ask Flacco for very much advice. lol

I'm really surprised we traded up from 52 to 42 to get him. I wish we would have drafted him in the first round to get the 5th year option, factoring in that he will already at minimum be behind Flacco for one year.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I am pleased with the pick, don't love it or think that it's a huge steal, and I think he went around about where he should of. But I would have preferred to have taken Rosen off the Cardinals for that 52nd pick, and used that 4th rounder on some of the talent that has fallen into the 4th round. I guess the new shiny toy is what Elway desired though, and there is no denying Lock has some serious talent. I just hope he can find some consistency in his game.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I am pleased with the pick, don't love it or think that it's a huge steal, and I think he went around about where he should of. But I would have preferred to have taken Rosen off the Cardinals for that 52nd pick, and used that 4th rounder on some of the talent that has fallen into the 4th round. I guess the new shiny toy is what Elway desired though, and there is no denying Lock has some serious talent. I just hope he can find some consistency in his game.
    Elway could have had Rosen last year if he thought Rosen was "the guy." Now the team that drafted Rosen has basically tossed him aside after trading up for him. I still think that's a fishy situation. I get the feeling that there is something up with Rosen's personality.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Elway could have had Rosen last year if he thought Rosen was "the guy." Now the team that drafted Rosen has basically tossed him aside after trading up for him. I still think that's a fishy situation. I get the feeling that there is something up with Rosen's personality.
    Elway also passed on Lock at 10, then passed on him at 20, then passed on him at 41, before trading up at 42 to grab him. You could say based on this Elway didn't love Lock either. Compare that to last year with Rosen, and Elway passed on him yes, but at 5, with an elite defensive prospect on the board. Passing on someone doesn't mean you don't like them altogether, as demonstrated by Elway passing on Lock on 3 occasions before selecting him.

It also seems pretty obvious as to why the Cardinals moved on from Rosen. They ended up with the top pick, the new coach fell in love with his guy, it's not really that hard to understand, and I don't think every story line needs a cryptic back story. In fact, Rosen has been credited for the way he has handled this process of pre-draft speculation, and his team mates have taken to social media supporting him after the news of his trade happened.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Elway also passed on Lock at 10, then passed on him at 20, then passed on him at 41, before trading up at 42 to grab him. You could say based on this Elway didn't love Lock either. Compare that to last year with Rosen, and Elway passed on him yes, but at 5, with an elite defensive prospect on the board. Passing on someone doesn't mean you don't like them altogether, as demonstrated by Elway passing on Lock on 3 occasions before selecting him.

It also seems pretty obvious as to why the Cardinals moved on from Rosen. They ended up with the top pick, the new coach fell in love with his guy, it's not really that hard to understand, and I don't think every story line needs a cryptic back story. In fact, Rosen has been credited for the way he has handled this process of pre-draft speculation, and his team mates have taken to social media supporting him after the news of his trade happened.
    Elway very obviously didn't think Lock was "the guy" either. It's very telling that he made the comment about Lock knowing he wasn't going to be the starter. Would he have said the same about Rosen? You never know but the fact is that Elway passed on Rosen last year at #5...as well as this year at #10, #20, #42, and #43. Rosen is a guy that has been passed on pick after pick by a bunch of teams and traded away at a substantial loss by the team that DID draft him. There is more to this story.

Elway very obviously didn't think Lock was "the guy" either. It's very telling that he made the comment about Lock knowing he wasn't going to be the starter. Would he have said the same about Rosen? You never know but the fact is that Elway passed on Rosen last year at #5...as well as this year at #10, #20, #42, and #43. Rosen is a guy that has been passed on pick after pick by a bunch of teams and traded away at a substantial loss by the team that DID draft him. There is more to this story.
    Eh we will see. I think Rosen is a franchise QB because despite being in quite possibly the worst designed offense Iíve ever seen, he still showed flashes of greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I donít think so, they were rumored to be targeting Rosen heavily and just wanted to trade back with that pick before trading it to Arizona.
    Ya I heard the wanted to jump both GB and Detroit. Rumor was both teams wanted him, plus it also removed the chance of Miami making a last minute switch.

I'm very content with Lock at 42. We dont have to microwave him, we can slow cook him. Id be ok sitting him for 2 years if need be. I'm a little anxious to see if Scangarello sticks around for next year, or if he could be in line for the young offensive HC trend. Very good situation for us and Lock. Unfortunately though, Lock will be the face of the draft. So let's hope it's not another Paxton.

Here's what a Mizzou fan said about him at Profootballtalk:

daramsman says:
    April 26, 2019 at 9:22 pm
    Being from Missouri Iíve watched Lock his entire career. The kid can absolutely sling it. Elway May have finally found the right guy. They need to coach him up like all rookies but the kid is a gun slinger. Watch in a couple of years. He might save Elwayís job

23 0 Rate This
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...w-locks-slide/

That is one opinion. I think it's very clear the reasoning as to why Rosen was moved on, it's a pretty unique situation, and not comparable to anything we have seen before. Not sure if you're aware of the background in the Kingsbury and Murray relationship, but Joel Klatt and the guys on NFL Network gave some background to the story and it's very easy to understand as to why Arizona made this move. You are connecting some dots and jumping from A to Z with speculation in all honesty, and I feel with all the media coverage this story has received over the last 72 hours, and in the last couple weeks leading up to the draft, I think we would have heard some of those "unnamed sources" coming out and suggesting these things, but it didn't happen. I really don't think the back story is all that drama filled.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I'm very content with Lock at 42. We dont have to microwave him, we can slow cook him. Id be ok sitting him for 2 years if need be. I'm a little anxious to see if Scangarello sticks around for next year, or if he could be in line for the young offensive HC trend. Very good situation for us and Lock. Unfortunately though, Lock will be the face of the draft. So let's hope it's not another Paxton.
    Letís be real this is the Denver Broncos and our current starter is Joe Flacco. Drew Lock will not be on the bench for 2 years. Iíd be surprised if he isnít starting by week 12-13.

Obviously the goal is not to rush him. And hopefully Flacco can turn back the clock 6 years to prevent it. But most likely we will be eliminated by December and Elway will want to see what Lock can do. And fans will be clamoring for him the second Flacco has a bad 3 interception game.

I mean I hope our staff doesnít cave to demands of fans. But what fans say today versus our tendency to be impatient with QBs in season will put a ton of pressure on Flacco.

We will be super lucky to have Flacco perform well enough to allow us to sit Lock for a year. And Iíd be super shocked for him to not be the 2020 starter. Unless he is Lynch 2.0. Which i doubt.

Has anyone heard a reason why Mack Wilson is falling so much? You had people like Benjamin Allbright have him going in the first. We donít have a pick in the next round so I highly doubt we have a chance but Iím a little shocked.