Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 898

Thread: Drew Lock

  1. #871
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Lock will be the steal of the draft I feel. I hope he learns and sits behind Flacco for a few years until he is ready to start.
    I don't think it will take more than a few years. If history plays itself like the last few years for Flacco, he'll get injured at some point and Lock will get his chance to start. The odds are pretty high that Lock will be our starter by game 17.

  2. #872
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    10,028
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I don't think it will take more than a few years. If history plays itself like the last few years for Flacco, he'll get injured at some point and Lock will get his chance to start. The odds are pretty high that Lock will be our starter by game 17.
    We shall see maybe, maybe not time will tell. Flacco has been injury prone as of late that much is true.

  3. #873
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Done with Elway as GM....qb isn't a position of need. Now I'm not mad at the spot I mean lock wasn't expected to drop that far but he basically did nothing with that trade but waste it on a project. With so many holes to fill man this is why I scratch my head with our drafts lol. Wow...
    How is QB not a position of need.

    Behind Flacco there's Grayson and Hogan, two journeymen QB's. QB was a massive need short and long-term, mostly the latter. Thank god Elway took Lock, my QB1/2 with Haskins.

  4. #874
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,513
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    How is QB not a position of need.

    Behind Flacco there's Grayson and Hogan, two journeymen QB's. QB was a massive need short and long-term, mostly the latter. Thank god Elway took Lock, my QB1/2 with Haskins.
    Very true, I thought we needed a young guy in the pipeline. I expected a guy in the 3rd or 4th. However, they got the #1 guy on their board with their second 2nd rounder. Let's not forget we don't win the SB without Brock filling in for Peyton. Move helps in the both the present and future.

  5. #875
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,420
    Man the draft is over and Lock is a Denver Bronco now whether people like it or not. I canít believe people are still arguing about whether it was a good pick or not....

    Oh wait yes I can. Thatís what we do around here.

    But seriously itís over with now. I didnít really want Lock. But at least we didnít do it at 10. Now itís time to move on and hope he balls out. Thatís whatís best for the Broncos at this point.

  6. #876
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,659
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    How is QB not a position of need.

    Behind Flacco there's Grayson and Hogan, two journeymen QB's. QB was a massive need short and long-term, mostly the latter. Thank god Elway took Lock, my QB1/2 with Haskins.
    Right. Along with signing Brett Rypien, it looks like a coherent plan for the QB position going forward which was well executed. Trading back netted Fant. Risner was still there at #41, but not for long. Elway used the capital gained from the trade back and past transactions to move back up and grab Lock who probably wouldn't have been there much longer either.

    QB room has five guys in it right now, but maybe not for long since that's too many for TC. Scangarello will know what to do with them, and I'll bet his input was a big part of the plan. QB situation is miles ahead of where it was last year.

    Personally I was hoping for more O-Linemen, but Dalton is a very good and versatile instant starter. O-Line depth is a bit iffy, but Munchak has a group with which to work and will get the best guys shuffled to there best spots with a game day depth plan in place.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  7. #877
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,659
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Very true, I thought we needed a young guy in the pipeline. I expected a guy in the 3rd or 4th. However, they got the #1 guy on their board with their second 2nd rounder. Let's not forget we don't win the SB without Brock filling in for Peyton. Move helps in the both the present and future.
    I didn't want a QB at #10 because I am skeptical of the quality of this class. Drew Lock was the majority opinion of mock drafters going to Denver at #10. It was interesting when Ed Oliver went to Buffalo at #9, Elway immediately traded back and got Fant at #20.

    At the beginning of the second round, three O-Linemen were picked before Denver in what looked like a run at that position and I was nervous. When they picked Dalton, I yelled so loud I scared my dogs.

    I think Elway, Fangio, Scangarello and company knew what they were doing when they traded back up to get Lock. Originally, like you, I was hoping they would get somebody like Finley or Thorson in the middle rounds. IMO what they have now at the QB position is way better than last year.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  8. #878
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Man the draft is over and Lock is a Denver Bronco now whether people like it or not. I canít believe people are still arguing about whether it was a good pick or not....

    Oh wait yes I can. Thatís what we do around here.

    But seriously itís over with now. I didnít really want Lock. But at least we didnít do it at 10. Now itís time to move on and hope he balls out. Thatís whatís best for the Broncos at this point.
    I mean.. itís literally a discussion board. People like to discuss draft picks lol

  9. #879
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I hope we have the 1st pick in next year draft just like Arizona. And u hope 3 of next years qb lite it up during the college season.
    What a silly thing to hope for. Sounds more like something a chargers or raiders fan would hope for.


  10. #880
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,420
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    I mean.. itís literally a discussion board. People like to discuss draft picks lol
    There is a difference between discussing Broncos football and adamantly hoping certain Broncos fail just to be right.

    Iím completely on board with the first. Not so much the latter.

  11. #881
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I hope we have the 1st pick in next year draft just like Arizona. And u hope 3 of next years qb lite it up during the college season.
    In the effort to understand you clearly, are you saying when the players get off the bus at the stadium, you want the coaches to say, "Let's go lose this game, boys."? You want the Denver Broncos to lose more games than all the other teams? Why? I don't think that will happen for a lot of reasons. I think it's more likely Denver will have a winning season this year than to lose the most games of all the teams. I must say that in the context of acquiring and coaching football players to play games at any level, you have one of the strangest viewpoints I have ever encountered.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  12. #882
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,888
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    There is a difference between discussing Broncos football and adamantly hoping certain Broncos fail just to be right.

    I’m completely on board with the first. Not so much the latter.
    Apologies for butting in but where are you seeing comments "hoping he fails"?

    From what I have seen most comments are questioning Lock's potential. Just like others express concern for Flacco's health or his current abilities as a QB.

    Just opinions.

  13. #883
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,420
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    In the effort to understand you clearly, are you saying when the players get off the bus at the stadium, you want the coaches to say, "Let's go lose this game, boys."? You want the Denver Broncos to lose more games than all the other teams? Why? I don't think that will happen for a lot of reasons. I think it's more likely Denver will have a winning season this year than to lose the most games of all the teams. I must say that in the context of acquiring and coaching football players to play games at any level, you have one of the strangest viewpoints I have ever encountered.
    He is assuming it will have meant he was right about both Flacco and Lock. And that we would then be drafting the style of quarterbacks he wants. He is more concerned with being right than the Broncos being good.

  14. #884
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,420
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Apologies for butting in but where are you seeing comments "hoping he fails"?

    From what I have seen most comments are questioning Lock's potential. Just like others express concern for Flacco's health or his current abilities as a QB.

    Just opinions.
    Ear2dastreets said he hopes the Broncos draft number 1 in 2020. That would mean Flacco failed miserably and we also would have no faith in Lock by that point.

  15. #885
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,888
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Ear2dastreets said he hopes the Broncos draft number 1 in 2020. That would mean Flacco failed miserably and we also would have no faith in Lock by that point.
    Just saw that quote. I suppose that is the logical conclusion to his statement.

    But if that is his opinion all you can do is disagree. I was not thrilled with the Lock pick either but I get the FO reasoning behind it. I also think that Flacco is going to have a better year then most expect. That is not because i am hoping that Lock fails, just think he is not ready yet. He may be the better athlete but IMO not the better NFL QB yet. I am optimistic that Flacco will provide the element most lacking from the Broncos offensive side of the ball for a few seasons now. Veteran leadership.

    IMO the train would have to seriously jump the tracks for the Broncos to be in position to draft #1. Don't see it happening. Actually think they will be a borderline playoff team. Having Flacco/ Lock tandem for the next couple seasons will be a solid situation. My biggest concern is impatience and a QB controversy based on politics more then performance.

    We shall see. Until then a contrary opinion is just that, an opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •