Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    Lock also when pressured either rolls out and there his ball placement have been downfall. Also when pressured, Lock continues to throw off his back foot creating INTs. I’d pass on both.Give me DEFENSE!!
    I glad you said. Almost ALL QBs numbers drop under pressure very little goes up. And if lock over comp% is 56 and Haskins % under pressure is better than lock career %. Hahahahha and some of you want lock at 10 omg.....very interesting. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    He threw what, 8 ints last season? Same as Haskins and one less than Murray. You knock him because he has the athleticism to escape pressure? It sounds to me you dont like him just to not like him.
    It sounds to me we can do better with the #10 pick. Iím not knocking Lock nor Haskins. They can do that themselves. I want someone drafted to start Day 1 with immediate impact. Neither QBs offer that.

With Von Miller, CHJ, Kareem Jackson hitting the 30 year old plateau and Elway with his 3 year window, itís time to win now. Give me an impactful DLineman, ILB, TE now before QBs with question marks.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    He threw what, 8 ints last season? Same as Haskins and one less than Murray. You knock him because he has the athleticism to escape pressure? It sounds to me you dont like him just to not like him.
    I like Lock, but his ineffectiveness against pressure up the middle is concerning

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I like Lock, but his ineffectiveness against pressure up the middle is concerning
    That's the problem with this year's draft class. All the QBs have big question marks around them and it's hard to trust any of them. Lock seems like the safest pick out of the group but is that what anyone is really looking for in a QB?

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    That's the problem with this year's draft class. All the QBs have big question marks around them and it's hard to trust any of them. Lock seems like the safest pick out of the group but is that what anyone is really looking for in a QB?
    Safer than Haskins?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Safer than Haskins?
    IMO. 1 year starter, rumors about whiteboard issues. Haskins might have a higher ceiling but it seems he has the lower floor as well. Kind of the typical boom or bust prospect.

If Lock had been playing with the elite talent that Haskins and Murray had I think he would be the consensus #1.
    Multiple years with improvements in each
    All the tools
    Good personality and leadership skills

Quote Originally Posted by CheyennePress View Post
    I think most would agree that there would be no reservations taking Lock in the 2nd round, yes? He may or may not be available at that point, but I think there is that possibility.
    Who would have reservations about taking, according to Elway, one of the draft's 10 best players in the 2nd round?

Impossible scenario that he even falls past, say 13th overall, though.

It sounds to me we can do better with the #10 pick. Iím not knocking Lock nor Haskins. They can do that themselves. I want someone drafted to start Day 1 with immediate impact. Neither QBs offer that.

With Von Miller, CHJ, Kareem Jackson hitting the 30 year old plateau and Elway with his 3 year window, itís time to win now. Give me an impactful DLineman, ILB, TE now before QBs with question marks.
    When your QB room is Flacco-Hogan-Grayson, the time to "win" is not now. It is not even in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    IMO. 1 year starter, rumors about whiteboard issues. Haskins might have a higher ceiling but it seems he has the lower floor as well. Kind of the typical boom or bust prospect.
    I agree. Same with Murray. As one year starters, they could continue to build off of their productive year or that could be the best we ever see out of them as they quickly get pushed out of the league.

Lock and Jones, while many don't want to hear it, are likely the safest QBs in the draft and I think they'll be the first two taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I agree. Same with Murray. As one year starters, they could continue to build off of their productive year or that could be the best we ever see out of them as they quickly get pushed out of the league.

Lock and Jones, while many don't want to hear it, are likely the safest QBs in the draft and I think they'll be the first two taken.
    Who wins by playing it safe? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Yep consolation prizes! If Jones is still there in the second then sure take a chance then. Lock might be a good option at 10 but I still hate watching the #10 overall pick shine the pine when there are guys that will play and play very well next year that we can draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Who would have reservations about taking, according to Elway, one of the draft's 10 best players in the 2nd round?

Impossible scenario that he even falls past, say 13th overall, though.
    10 best players in this draft? Nope. A team will draft him in the Top 10 because of need and only need.

Iíd rather draft an impact player than a safe player. TBH, I donít believe heís as safe as you claim he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I hear you. I think Lock has as high of a ceiling as any QB in his draft so that's why I'm most high on him. Same ceiling as Murray/Haskins but less of a bust risk. Not as big of a fan of Jones, I think he has a high floor but not a very high ceiling. Somewhere around Eli Manning honestly. Coincidentally, I see him going to NYG. Maybe even as high as 6th overall.

10 best players in this draft? Nope. A team will draft him in the Top 10 because of need and only need.

Iíd rather draft an impact player than a safe player. TBH, I donít believe heís as safe as you claim he is.
    Hey you're entitled to your opinion, but everyone's big board is going to be different. I'm sure he is of the 10 best players on more than one team's board.

What could be more impactful than a QB?