Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BeavisBronco View Post
    Well, exactly what we should have avoided - now we have a QB controversy. We should have picked up a backup in the later rounds (Gardner Minshew maybe?) and let Flacco show what's left in the tank this year while we wait for next year's QB class. This just sent a message to Flacco that he's not the guy, which will be a problem come training camp time. Just great - this isn't what we needed. One more distraction when you're trying to right the ship from a DISASTROUS 2 years under Vance Joseph.
    Joe Flacco played better than he had in awhile before he got hurt last year and Jackson being drafted probably had something to do with that. Flacco is 34 and injury prone, Lock at least provides hope if/when he goes down.

Well, exactly what we should have avoided - now we have a QB controversy. We should have picked up a backup in the later rounds (Gardner Minshew maybe?) and let Flacco show what's left in the tank this year while we wait for next year's QB class. This just sent a message to Flacco that he's not the guy, which will be a problem come training camp time. Just great - this isn't what we needed. One more distraction when you're trying to right the ship from a DISASTROUS 2 years under Vance Joseph.
    Slow down....we all know including Flacco....that Drew needs a little work....he { Flacco } might have 2 years to provehe is the man if he performs AND stays healthy !!! It's all good

in a year or 2 maybe. i don't think any one is expecting less then then the kc model or the Farve to Rodges. let Flacco play for a year or 2, then lock steps and is the starter. could be a very good possibility

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Done with Elway as GM....qb isn't a position of need. Now I'm not mad at the spot I mean lock wasn't expected to drop that far but he basically did nothing with that trade but waste it on a project. With so many holes to fill man this is why I scratch my head with our drafts lol. Wow...
    How is QB not a position of need?

Didn't reach for him either, took him in a spot where if it doesn't work out, he was our third pick not the focal point of the draft. If he does work out then that makes the value even more impressive. I think we've had a very good draft so far.
    Administrator

Joe Flacco is the Starter!
    The only controversy I think will be Drew Lock getting the #3 Jersey from Colby Wadman.

There is no controversy, Flacco plays this year and Lock sits.....pretty simple

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Didnít like Lock as a first round pick but this a solid value for him in the 2nd round. Not entirely sure why we traded up for him as the Patriots were the only team that mightíve taken him but I donít think heís the type of QB they want.
    My exactly feeling and thinking

ok...last bump :-)

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    ok...last bump :-)
    Another bump.

I was way off on the first round, but we still got two of my favorite prospects in the 2nd round. According to Schefter, Lock was our #1 QB.

Really pleased with this draft. If we can nab a NT or an ILB in round 3 I'll be pumped. Lots of good talent still on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    how is QB not a spot of need. Flacco has not proven to be better then a below average NFL QB and hogan and greyson have been on multiple teams for a reason. you don't want them starting any games incase flacco gets injuried. if i am being honest our QB room still scares me. but if lock ends up being a back up he is still an upgrade to greyson(who doesn't have an nfl arm) and hogan
    Yes our backups aren't solid I get that. Personally if it's me I need to see what flacco does. In the meantime fill those positions of need. We are still weak in the lb position and cb of Harris walks and in my opinion he didn't take advantage of the trade with pit. Again no problem with where he selected lock I just feel he could have went in a different direction. Had a feeling he wanted lock I'll more than likely come around to it though. My post was initial reaction.

Flacco can squash any controversy by playing well. If he's pissed, good. Let him take it out on Denver's opponents.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Itís a good thing Flacco can be dumped without penalty.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Hated him at #10. Would've hated it if we didn't take Risner before him but can't hate it at 42. Lots of raw talent and hope he sits for a full year behind Flacco at least. I trust Scangarrelo to develop him.

Anyone know what we gave up to move up 8 spots?