Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    [/B]

I know you and many of us say that, but all I've heard Elway say is he is gonna keep swinging for the fences. The 2 things I think that Elway learned throughout his career was 1. Never play to not lose, always play to win and 2. If your gonna go down, go down fighting and giving it all you got. I really believe this is his overall outlook. It would not surprise me at all and in fact I am with the group that somewhat expects Elway to make a move for qb this month. While I am hoping it is a different move, it will not surprise me if its Lock and I will certainly be excited if it is.
    I agree and love that Elway is willing to keep taking risks but I just can't see it with Lock. I don't think you trade for Flacco and pair it with the signings of Jackson, James and Callahan if you're grabbing a QB at #10.

I could be wrong but nothing about this off-season indicates to me that they go QB in the first. I think we will grab an impact player and continue to build a team around whoever the next young QB becomes.

Elway wants to win and win now. That has been his strategy since he became the GM and I don't see that changing. There will be too much talent available at #10 to invest it on a project.
    Last edited by JW7; 04-09-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I'm not buying they take Lock at #10. He is an end of 1st/early 2nd round talent that is considered a project.
    NFL GMs consider him a top 10 talent, why is your opinion better?

I agree and love that Elway is willing to keep taking risks but I just can't see it with Lock. I don't think you trade for Flacco and pair it with the signings of Jackson, James and Callahan if you're grabbing a QB at #10.

I could be wrong but nothing about this off-season indicates to me that they go QB in the first. I think we will grab an impact player and continue to build a team around whoever the next young QB becomes.
    Everything about this offseason screams rookie QB, from Flacco's contract to the signings we've made.

Flacco's contract, based on his play, should have a smaller cap hit. However, restructuring him would cready guaranteed money which = dead cap hit when he is cut for our developing QB taking over. The team is being built in a way that anticipates having a good QB on a rookie contract in the next year or so, thus truly opening up the SB window with our large influx of cap space in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    NFL GMs consider him a top 10 talent, why is your opinion better?
    What GMs? And is it all GMs? I've seen a lot of talent evaluators who have him graded as a a 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Everything about this offseason screams rookie QB, from Flacco's contract to the signings we've made.

Flacco's contract, based on his play, should have a smaller cap hit. However, restructuring him would cready guaranteed money which = dead cap hit when he is cut for our developing QB taking over. The team is being built in a way that anticipates having a good QB on a rookie contract in the next year or so, thus truly opening up the SB window with our large influx of cap space in 2020.
    If that's the case, why are we signings high dollar players in free agency? Why did we pick up Sanders and Wolfe's options? We could've easily not done these moves and saved for the future.

I get we have cap space coming but why sign and keep veterans instead of bringing in younger players? The team is gearing up to win now. I think that's pretty evident.

What GMs? And is it all GMs? I've seen a lot of talent evaluators who have him graded as a a 2nd rounder.
    Everything I've seen since combine has him as a mid 20 best player in the draft. There are talks about him moving above Haskins . Imo Lock is the most sound and less risk Qb in the draft . Hes played multiple years as a starter in college , his numbers are good , he has what 21 wins playing in the sec . Tell me what Qb lit it up for multiple years in college.

I would say thatís a minority opinion. Most have him as a top 25 player and one of the top 3 quarterbacks.

If that's the case, why are we signings high dollar players in free agency? Why did we pick up Sanders and Wolfe's options? We could've easily not done these moves and saved for the future.

I get we have cap space coming but why sign and keep veterans instead of bringing in younger players? The team is gearing up to win now. I think that's pretty evident.
    Because Denver had/has a bunch of holes.... and how does taking a young QB you shouldnít spend in FA? Also James is only 26 and Callahan is 27. They are entering their prime and help build a playoff quality roster that a young QB could step in next year.

Also Wolfe and Sanders can be cut today and broncos would save 23.8 mill with only 6.5 in dead cap. By picking up options it makes it so Denver isnít forced to draft a single position but can keep options open.

I honestly think Lock is going top 10....and before us.

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    Because Denver had/has a bunch of holes.... and how does taking a young QB you shouldnít spend in FA? Also James is only 26 and Callahan is 27. They are entering their prime and help build a playoff quality roster that a young QB could step in next year.

Also Wolfe and Sanders can be cut today and broncos would save 23.8 mill with only 6.5 in dead cap. By picking up options it makes it so Denver isnít forced to draft a single position but can keep options open.
    Because every move made indicates that team is looking to win now. Drafting Lock at #10 doesn't help that.

Feel like it's a waste of time to argue. I'm clearly biased against Lock and many are biased for Lock. I just don't see him being a successful pro. Last thing we need is another project at QB with all the tools. Give me someone who can process what the defense is doing and can work through progressions.

Because every move made indicates that team is looking to win now. Drafting Lock at #10 doesn't help that.

Feel like it's a waste of time to argue. I'm clearly biased against Lock and many are biased for Lock. I just don't see him being a successful pro. Last thing we need is another project at QB with all the tools. Give me someone who can process what the defense is doing and can work through progressions.
    From what I've read Lock can read a defense. I agree if a Qb doesnt have it between the ears I'd take a hard pass.

Nearly all have him as a first round talent. He will be a top 10 pick.

-------------
    Sanders may be trade during the draft or right before or after.
    ------------
    Harris JR may be traded during the draft or right after. Which is why they are waiting on his contract deal. They want to see how a few things play out.

My personal opinion is the dolphins jump up and draft Lock inside the top 10.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

-------------
    ------------
    Harris JR may be traded during the draft or right after. Which is why they are waiting on his contract deal. They want to see how a few things play out.

I think the Fins are saving themselves for next year. Imo, they are already positioning themselves and preparing for a high pick next season.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

-------------
    ------------

Agreed. Someone will pick him up top 10. I just hope it ain't us...

-------------
    ------------

He will be picked in the top 10 because he is a QB with potential and Quarterbacks always get over drafted. Most of what I've read is he is a late 1st/early 2nd round talent and I tend to agree.
    Last edited by JW7; 04-10-2019 at 11:05 AM.