X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnlimburg
    Ring of Famer
    • Sep 2009

We only gave up a 4th rounder and a 6th rounder, and the 4th rounder came from the Demaryius Thomas trade. Elway has worked the board to perfection over the last 24 hours, been patient, got great value, and we have 2 immediate impact players, and 1 with a lot of potential. The future is brighter than it's been for years for this team, can anyone believe we have stacked back to back good drafts on top of each other ? Let's just pray that Elway doesn't make his usual left field middle round pick in the 3rd round.

Comment

• JW7
      Captain
      • Apr 2009

This is probably pretty silly but does it bother anyone else that he grew up a Chiefs fan and probably hated the Broncos?
      sigpic

Comment

• gerontion
        Playmaker
        • Feb 2014

Ok, not that it's hugely important, but how strong is Lock's arm? Is he an 8 out of 10? Higher? How would he compare to a Pat Mahomes or Josh Allen?

Comment

• Fantaztic7
          Banned User
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
          Ok, not that it's hugely important, but how strong is Lock's arm? Is he an 8 out of 10? Higher? How would he compare to a Pat Mahomes or Josh Allen?
          I think he’s more similar to Mahomes. Not sure many quarterbacks can match Allen in terms of pure arm strength to drive the ball.

Comment

• L.M.
            Vitalstatistix
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
            This is probably pretty silly but does it bother anyone else that he grew up a Chiefs fan and probably hated the Broncos?
            If he completes more passes to Chefs' DBs than our receivers, then yes.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• FR Tim
              Football Immortal
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
              I think he’s more similar to Mahomes. Not sure many quarterbacks can match Allen in terms of pure arm strength to drive the ball.
              Comp I have seen is Matt Stafford. Talent but inconsistent footwork, release and accuracy. Worrisome factor to that it is not one definable flaw. He is so inconsistent he needs to be broken down then rebuilt. Can't just lock in on a couple flaws and correct them. It will take time. Hopefully he will be given it.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
                Captain
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                Comp I have seen is Matt Stafford. Talent but inconsistent footwork, release and accuracy. Worrisome factor to that it is not one definable flaw. He is so inconsistent he needs to be broken down then rebuilt. Can't just lock in on a couple flaws and correct them. It will take time. Hopefully he will be given it.
                I think it is one definable flaw- footwork. One of Scangerello's biggest selling points was his ability to develop a young QB's footwork(seen as Mullens' biggest issue besides his size). Lock has the work ethic to make this a beautiful pairing.

Comment

• FR Tim
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  I think it is one definable flaw- footwork. One of Scangerello's biggest selling points was his ability to develop a young QB's footwork(seen as Mullens' biggest issue besides his size). Lock has the work ethic to make this a beautiful pairing.
                  Good to hear. I had seen the mention of inconsistent arm angle and release point as an additional issue.

Hope the coaching works.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                    Hall of Famer
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Didn’t like Lock as a first round pick but this a solid value for him in the 2nd round. Not entirely sure why we traded up for him as the Patriots were the only team that might’ve taken him but I don’t think he’s the type of QB they want.
                    Had to move in front of Miami

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                      team preacher
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                      He has a rocket arm. He can drop 65 yard dimes with ease.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• IAbronco24
                        Practice Squad
                        • Sep 2015

Like him much better at 42 than 10. My worst fear was a trade up for him. Thank god that didn’t happen. Then again hopefully he’s a stud so it wouldn’t matter where we picked him. At least we were able to get 2 instant starters with him.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                          Hall of Famer
                          • Apr 2009

Don’t know why anybody would be upset, we knew for months they liked him and would try to draft him, with most thinking we’d take him at 10. We essentially drafted him with a 2nd we received for trading back and the 4th for DT (who would’ve been cut by point if he wasn’t traded).

It’s a fairly low risk move, we could even still draft a QB next year 1st round, if we have another terrible season.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                            Had to move in front of Miami
                            I don’t think so, they were rumored to be targeting Rosen heavily and just wanted to trade back with that pick before trading it to Arizona.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              Not trying to argue - I don’t believe he has to be broken down and rebuilt. He needs to improve field vision to avoid predetermined passes. Relying on a predetermined pass led to some turnovers. He does need to improve accuracy on short throws on the run. Some opportunity to increase consistency on deep passes.

Lock had several challenges at MSU: Poor offensive line, dropped balls and coaching turnover. His completion percentage was negatively impacted by dropped balls. Being pressured relentlessly behind a poor line led to some of the inconsistencies.

Again, no question he has room to improve. Lock is tough, works very hard and responds to coaching (scouts and coaches commented on how quickly he responded to coaching at the Senior Bowl). Playing in the SEC without much talent around him should help because he had to handle adversity.

Comment

• Chillez
                                Football Immortal
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                                No not really.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X