Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    There, I fixed that for you, as nobody Posting on this Board has any idea where the Broncos have Lock relative to other players like those that WYBRONCO lists. And we also have no idea how players rated ahead of Pick 10 might fall to us as Chubbs did last year.

The point is that we went down this road a couple of years ago with the Paxton Lynch debacle. If the Broncos have Lock at 10 while the experts unanimously have Lock anywhere between 20 and 32, then picking Lock is going to be a HUGE mistake. Especially when you consider that Foles, who lead Philly to a Superbowl victory a year ago while winning the MVP award, appears likely to become a Free Agent.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...m_campaign=nfl
    Foles would be a huge mistake even if only from a financial perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Perhaps some team will move up to #1 to get Haskins. The Giants are in position to do so. After that, if Lock is truly Elway's guy, he might have a willing trade partner in his buddy John Lynch.
    A lot of folks still feel that lock should be a first round pick, Iíve efen seen mocks where the broncos trade back into the first (low 20ís) to select him however I doubt that happens!

He wonít be there in late first.

I've stated several times that the only way we can get Foles is for many things to fall into place. And, I've stated several times that the only way we can get rid of Keenum is by TRADING him. I've Posted the Cap information with Links to Over the Cap, several times. And I've suggested several times that we might be able to do that in a creative way, a la Osweiler from Houston to Cleveland, like picking up a part of his Contract or giving someone a Draft Pick to take the guy off of our hands.

I have to ask myself, "who would play better for the Broncos, next season?" Somebody like Lock, a rookie crapshoot that is more likely to end up like Lynch or Osweiler, or another Missouri QB, Gabbert, and who may take years to get up to speed, or a Veteran like Foles who has already been successful in the league, and is only 30 years old.

It looks like I've put myself out on a limb by making those suggestions, because many people seem think we need to toss the dice ........................ again, for another college QB, hoping that somehow this time it will be different. But isn't the Definition of "Insanity" something like "doing the same thing, over and over, hoping for different results?

Just my honest opinion from watching Broncos QBs from Steve Tensi to Case Keenum, for the last 51 years.
    That's the thing about drafting, it's a risk. For me signing Foles would be a short term fix. Drafting a QB may not fix next year, but if the draft pick hits it's a 10-15 year fix.

A lot of why Paxton failed was that there wasn't enough effort on his end, and coaching change occurring every single year he was here. I can't give 100% guarantee that the new coaching staff is better, but Elway seems to have given it more thought this time around, especially with Scangarello in place to develop the new draft pick. Had we had the 2018 staff I wouldn't think drafting a QB would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    You’re wrong about a trade being the only way to dump Keenum.

They can cut him and save $11 million.

That makes it easier to draft his replacement.
    I'm very well aware of the savings of $11 million, as I've Posted the Link to Over the Cap many times. The reason I say it is unacceptable is because of the Cap Hit we have to live with if we cut him. I'm aware of the "Dead Money" $10 million dollar cap hit we take if we cut him. Alternatively, I'm also aware that the if we can possibly come up with a creative way to trade him that doesn't involve taking the $10 million dollar cap hit, then the Cap Savings is $18 million, and the dead money hit is $3 million.

Drafting a guy that might not be ready for years, if ever, versus taking a proven Superbowl winner and MVP are the choices.

I would choose the latter. So, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Benjamin Albright joined this pod cast and shed some light on a lot of Denvers QB situations. Very interesting stuff and according to him Denver will have zero interest in Foles....

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...ets-128748915/

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Steve Tensi, and I thought I was the last fan left to experience his great career. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Benjamin Albright joined this pod cast and shed some light on a lot of Denvers QB situations. Very interesting stuff and according to him Denver will have zero interest in Foles....

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...ets-128748915/
    I listen to the same podcast. Love the new every day format. And for the reasons Allbright mentions, Foles isn't likely to come to Denver.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Dak didnít go until the 4th round. Itís possible every team in the league had Brock ahead of him.
    Dallas had Lynch and Connor Cook ahead of Dak.

I've stated several times that the only way we can get Foles is for many things to fall into place. And, I've stated several times that the only way we can get rid of Keenum is by TRADING him. I've Posted the Cap information with Links to Over the Cap, several times. And I've suggested several times that we might be able to do that in a creative way, a la Osweiler from Houston to Cleveland, like picking up a part of his Contract or giving someone a Draft Pick to take the guy off of our hands.

I have to ask myself, "who would play better for the Broncos, next season?" Somebody like Lock, a rookie crapshoot that is more likely to end up like Lynch or Osweiler, or another Missouri QB, Gabbert, and who may take years to get up to speed, or a Veteran like Foles who has already been successful in the league, and is only 30 years old.

It looks like I've put myself out on a limb by making those suggestions, because many people seem think we need to toss the dice ........................ again, for another college QB, hoping that somehow this time it will be different. But isn't the Definition of "Insanity" something like "doing the same thing, over and over, hoping for different results?

Just my honest opinion from watching Broncos QBs from Steve Tensi to Case Keenum, for the last 51 years.
    So, basically Denver should never select a QB high in the draft ever again. We should just hope and pray that the next Elway or Manning falls into our lap. Short of that, we'll just settle for guys like Foles or Flacco.
    Last edited by gerontion; 02-07-2019 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    So, basically Denver should never select a QB high in the draft ever again. We should just hope and pray that the next Elway or Manning falls into our lap. Short of that, we'll just settle for guys like Foles or Flacco.
    Sadly, but yes. It got us 3 Superbowls so far. Lol.

I've only watched a small amount of play from Lock and Haskins, but I think Haskins is a better QB. Haskins' footwork is noticeably superior and he's better at changing up the trajectory of his throws depending on the play. I still haven't seen anything really pop out from any of the QB's that gets me excited about spending the #10 pick on one of them though. I still like Devin White at that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I've only watched a small amount of play from Lock and Haskins, but I think Haskins is a better QB. Haskins' footwork is noticeably superior and he's better at changing up the trajectory of his throws depending on the play. I still haven't seen anything really pop out from any of the QB's that gets me excited about spending the #10 pick on one of them though. I still like Devin White at that spot.
    In a perfect world I would take White with our 1st pick and get Jones in the 2nd or trade back into the 1st scenario. Unfortunately, that world won't exist because of Elway's own comments. I think we as Bronco fans need to brace for a high round pick on a QB this draft and all signs point to Lock being that target.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    In a perfect world I would take White with our 1st pick and get Jones in the 2nd or trade back into the 1st scenario. Unfortunately, that world won't exist because of Elway's own comments. I think we as Bronco fans need to brace for a high round pick on a QB this draft and all signs point to Lock being that target.
    I'd rather the Broncos grab guys that look like they'll be impact players (like White) at every pick. I honestly wouldn't mind just using Keenum for another year behind what should be an improved O-Line aided by the two WR's and RB's from last year's draft. We could probably use a TE if one (or two even) matches up with our picks. I guess we'll see though.

I also would take BPA at 10 and I just don't think that's a QB. I don't think JE would show his cards the way he has w/Lock, unless he has an ace up his sleeve. He's either blowing smoke or knows he can move up to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    I also would take BPA at 10 and I just don't think that's a QB. I don't think JE would show his cards the way he has w/Lock, unless he has an ace up his sleeve. He's either blowing smoke or knows he can move up to get him.
    I agree. I think its smoke.