Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Wait for the QBs that we wont have a shot at?
    Are you kidding me? We have the toughest or 2nd toughest schedule next year and will be starting Joe Flacco behind a bottom of the league offensive line. Of course we will have a shot at one of them.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Are you kidding me? We have the toughest or 2nd toughest schedule next year and will be starting Joe Flacco behind a bottom of the league offensive line. Of course we will have a shot at one of them.
    I don't buy it, I think we are sitting right at 8-8 next year. Our offensive line is not that bad. Keenum was so gun shy and he held onto the ball way too long, its impossible for a lineman to hold blocks for more than 5-7 seconds. We were one of the best running teams last year and that wont get worse......Good defense and a running game will always keep you in a game

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Why would we wait until next year? What happens if one or more of the top QBs for next year has a down year? Their stock will fall and next years class wont look so good anymore. Even if they dont, the plan is to do better this next season than we did under the old regime. We would have to trade a lot of picks to get into position

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Why would we wait until next year? What happens if one or more of the top QBs for next year has a down year? Their stock will fall and next years class wont look so good anymore. Even if they dont, the plan is to do better this next season than we did under the old regime. We would have to trade a lot of picks to get into position
    Only way next years class is worse is if there are injuries. Most of these guys coming out next year play for schools that donít exactly have tough schedules.

The sec is down and both Fromm and Tua play for teams that are massively more talented than the opponents. I seriously doubt they regress. Herbert Iím not sold on but the PAC-12 is never a tough gauntlet.

Basing strength of schedule off the prior season is always a silly measure for the next season.

We can trade up next year as easily as any other team does. How the season goes means nothing. We could win a Bowl and trade up to 1 anyway.

Next FA signing should start to clarify draft need. Ol is a pass now, wr and rb ok, TEs are ok, Safety looks good, CB need 1 maybe, Ilb 1, DE 2 DT 2. QB 1.

10 is a terrific draft spot to be in this year.

Murray
    Haskins
    Lock

Greedy
    Baker
    Adderley
    White
    Bush

Bosa
    Allen
    Sweat
    Oliver
    William's
    Wilkins
    Sweat
    Ferrell

All great fits. Can go back to 16 and be guaranteed any of these 16 and I'll be fine with the choice.

Add on reaches by others and Ol guys, could go as far as 20 probably. Great draft position. Love the Big Board this year.

There is a 90% chance Elway takes Lock if he is available.
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    I think it's closer to 83%

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    If they win us a Superbowl, like Manning did, I couldn't agree more! It's better than seeing another Tim Tebow, Brock Osweiler, Trevor Siemian, or Paxton Lynch. Or ANY QB that the Denver Broncos have EVER Drafted in their history. 38 Drafted Broncos QBs, and not a single one has amounted to anything. THAT is the "lesson".
    The likelyhood is that they won't. Statistically speaking, teams win a SB more often with a QB they drafted. The FA QB winning has happened only twice in the last 15 years, Manning and Brees.

Even more often than that does a team win a SB with a QB performing in the top tier of the position. We need a QB capable of that on the team. It has been a long time.

I kind of agree. I think our team is very talented, and I could see all the chips falling in the right places and getting to a 10 win seasons. However, our blight at QB is hard to deny. If we don't have a solid backup plan, either a rookie or a capable vet, our season will likely be poor. Flacco is more likely than not a below average QB on a decline, combined with his injury issues likely only getting worse, and we will be forced to play another QB next year for significant time.

I don't see Flacco starting all next year. His injuries or his poor play will sideline him.

Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    After Elways interview on NFL network I would put it at 9% not 90. Calling Flacco in his prime!! I would brace for another pass on a QB.....unfortunately

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I don't buy it, I think we are sitting right at 8-8 next year. Our offensive line is not that bad. Keenum was so gun shy and he held onto the ball way too long, its impossible for a lineman to hold blocks for more than 5-7 seconds. We were one of the best running teams last year and that wont get worse......Good defense and a running game will always keep you in a game
    If you thought Keenum held on to the ball too long, you're not alone. But it would be unwise to expect Flacco to be much better.

On average, Keenum got rid of the ball quicker than Flacco did last season. 2.68 vs 2.71, not much difference though.

In fact, over their last 1100+ passes, they have pretty much the same snap to release time. 2.62 seconds for Flacco, 2.64 seconds for Keenum.

After Elways interview on NFL network I would put it at 9% not 90. Calling Flacco in his prime!! I would brace for another pass on a QB.....unfortunately
    Delusional Elway. Love him, and I like a lot of his moves, but he is taking the absolute wrong approach to the QB position.

You have to take your lumps and allot bug draft assets to a QB. You don't want to be the Browns of 2000-2018. They didn't take a QB in the top 15 at all those years, passing on QBs like Rodgers, Rothlisberger, Wentz, Mahomes, Watson, for "bpa" like Corey Coleman, Kellen Winslow, and the like. They went with FA QBs and second rate draft prospects and that's how you guarantee long term mediocrity. I'm happy they're done though, they finally took a QB in the top 15 and not even a year later they're in a way better spot than us.

You can't mess around hoping on the Keenums and Flaccos of the world to catch a lucky break and be a good QB when they've consistently displayed mediocrity at best. Who will it be next year? Ryan Tannehill? Maybe Jameis Winston?